Delkevic, I #*$!ing hate you! - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 03:55 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Delkevic, I #*$!ing hate you!

So after waiting 4 months for a custom painted scheme, I finally got the package a few days ago. It took so long because after I emailed pictures, descriptions, and a basic write up of what I wanted, they still messed up a few times as if they never even bothered to look at what I wanted once. Plus, once they finished, they broke some pieces while packing it, so they had to redo them all over again.

So I open up the box, and its packed nicely, smells like SARS, but everything is in one piece, which is good. Paint is pretty good, most pieces are flawless, some have blemishes, and the upper cowl has a major running of the paint (which I thought was going to be the biggest problem, until I tried to mount the pieces)...

Now that leads me to the problem all of us have experienced with aftermarket plastics. The parts do NOT fit! So far I have only mounted the front fender successfully (yeah, thats it). I tried to mount the gas tank cover, and Im not kidding when I say the mounting holes are over 3 inches off the mark, and has about an inch gap between the plastic and the frame.

Before I get started on it again tomorrow, do any of you people have decent experience with this stuff? Any tips, write ups, etc.? I quit smoking, and Im not kidding when I say I bought a pack today just because of this. I really dont want to break any major tabs, but even when I try to pry it with a screwdriver, it still wont get close.

What the hell, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 06:02 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
What plastics did you order?

White 07 CBR600rr
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 06:22 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

07-08, my own design

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 07:49 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
07-08 are a pain. Take your time installing them. You'll have to make some modifications (drilling, trimming, etc) good luck!!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 09:59 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
That sucks bro.... good luck. Be sure to post some pictures once you have them complete!

<<Click HERE>>
Check out my NEW & Upcoming Company.
Producing and designing gear that you, the rider actually want.

Click HERE
f/s 03 trackbike, sharkskins , chrome rear
& MORE

03rr -FOR SALE
06yzf r6
- NEW
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 10:23 AM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,718 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackk View Post

Now that leads me to the problem all of us have experienced with aftermarket plastics. The parts do NOT fit!
So why are you surprised? If I wanted a custom scheme I would buy fairings that fit (OEM from someone making a track bike comes to mind) and have them done properly per my specifications. Go back and read you post and ask yourself how many red flags you ignored to get to this point.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 03:09 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
Thats wierd. I got mine from delkevic, and they fit damn near perfect. Yes they did take a while to get here, but the paint is perfect, fit was perfect. Call luke, he will probably refund your money. They have a 100% refund policy.

Andrew

2007 600rr-Leo Vince exhaust (7733) | Tripage Integrated Tail Light | Competition Werkes FE | LP Smoked Flusmounts | Vortex Rearsets | DDM Tuning HID's | Kpowersports 40th Anniversary Repsol Fairings | K&N Air filter | Double Bubble Windscreen | Keiti reflective rim tape | EK 520 Chain conversion | Tech Spec "snakeskin" Tank Pads | Wild Bills Red Powdercoated Rims |
2006 600rr- SOLD
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 07:15 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
So why are you surprised? If I wanted a custom scheme I would buy fairings that fit (OEM from someone making a track bike comes to mind) and have them done properly per my specifications. Go back and read you post and ask yourself how many red flags you ignored to get to this point.
Thanks, Captain Hindsight! You saved the day!

And Madman, I may have to do that. I just dont want to wait another 4 months for a gamble that whatever I get may not fit...

and Redorange, do you have any examples on what to drill or cut? I mean, the tank cover is a good 3 inches from where it needs to be, I cant imagine that is fixable...
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-13-2011, 07:56 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
If it is off by 3 inches like you say, then its probably not fixable. By drilling out holes he means that in the process of making the plastics sometimes the holes are just a little bit to small for the rubber grommets, or screws. So you just get a drill and take off the excess paint and stuff inside the hole to make it cleaner and fit the grommet and or screw/bolt.

Andrew

2007 600rr-Leo Vince exhaust (7733) | Tripage Integrated Tail Light | Competition Werkes FE | LP Smoked Flusmounts | Vortex Rearsets | DDM Tuning HID's | Kpowersports 40th Anniversary Repsol Fairings | K&N Air filter | Double Bubble Windscreen | Keiti reflective rim tape | EK 520 Chain conversion | Tech Spec "snakeskin" Tank Pads | Wild Bills Red Powdercoated Rims |
2006 600rr- SOLD
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 01:32 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Thanks madman, I appreciate it.

So I almost got the whole kit on, upper and mids still have to go on. But I finally snapped, got a hammer, and started pounding on the tank... and guess what? It fits now!

Im not excited for tomorrow, I really have a feeling the tank was the easy part
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 01:46 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
aah haa you found the magic tool! Nothing beats a mallet After market sucks!

09 Frame Slider install
----------------------------------
09 Phoenix
Hyperflo C/F Exhaust-Billet tips
Bazzaz ZFI With Quick Shifter
Bazzaz AFM
Bazzaz Z-Bomb
Forward Powersports 525 -1/+2
Pazzo Shorty Levers-Black with Gold Adjusters
Anodized Gold Swing-arm Spools, Bar-Ends With RR Stamp & Wind-screen Bolts
White Vortex Frame Sliders
OEM Pearl White Solo Cowl
H/B Flush Mounts
Tinted Windscreen
C/A Integrator & F/E
Cortech mini Tank Bag

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-14-2011, 05:38 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hackk View Post
Thanks madman, I appreciate it.

So I almost got the whole kit on, upper and mids still have to go on. But I finally snapped, got a hammer, and started pounding on the tank... and guess what? It fits now!

Im not excited for tomorrow, I really have a feeling the tank was the easy part

the universal tool for all jobs, the olde trusty hammer lol. glad it done the job for you mate. this is what puts me off getting aftermarket fairing for 07+ bikes. havent read of one story were they just went straight on right out the box. wtf is wrong with these companys? why cant they just make an exact mould from an oem piece like they have with otheryears??? .. anyway go easy with that hammer mate, deep breaths when you feel your gonna blow

post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 09:49 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

ok guys, I think I may need your help once again. The plastics still arent on fully, and Im stuck on the last clip of the process. EVERYTHING is "on", except I have to choose either the right front upper to clip into the cowl, or the right upper to clip into the tank. It just WONT stick with both. ON TOP OF THAT, from all the times the clips popped out of the tank side, they have now filed down a bit, and barely want to stay in. What do you guys think I should do? Clip the front, and drill holes/zip tie the upper to the tank? Or hopefully get the tank to stick (which doesnt seem likely), and zip tie the front without having to drill?

On top of it all, the paint has chipped off the tank slots, so Im gonna have to repaint it (luckily white), and the upper fairing now has a stress crack directly center on the side from pushing against it so hard, almost looking like glass spider-webbing out when a pebble hits it. Its not obvious, but I notice it...

Im not blaming Delkevic directly, because EVERY company has this fitment problem. I just chose Delkevic because they are "based" in the US, and have good customer service. I didnt want to learn Mandarin just to explain the colors I wanted...
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 09:54 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Pics would help alot.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 10:10 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
I did not get my fairings from the same company as you, but I def had the same problem. For the most part I just accepted the fact that it will not fully snap to the tank because I would rather that small gap instead of it not fitting into the front cowl. Now, what you can try and it has worked for me is you need another person to help you, but get the front in place and hold it tightly in place while someone else lines it up with the tanks and hits it in with some strength. This has worked before with me, but if not, then you may just have to deal with one over the other.

2012 848 Evo Corse
Black and Carbon 07 600RR (SOLD)
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 05-17-2011, 08:20 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Well all this is simply bullshit! I just went out to look at it again, and guess what I notice? The front cowl tab snapped off! So it looks like Im screwed, that I MUST ziptie now, or return the POS. I hate my life.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page