bad dealer service experience in N.Indiana - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 12:03 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry bad dealer service experience in N.Indiana

So those of you that remember and saw my post two weekends ago know I just picked up an 09 600 RR. Well it had fresh rubber on it when I got it, but sadly a couple hundred miles into my ownership of it I lucked out and hit a nail. So Anyways I found a good deal on Q2's at my local dealer, 93$ front, and 127 rear. They sadly though had a special event running and couldn't change my tire over the last weekend. So I took the bike and tires to a shop about 30 miles away. Hour later they charge me 150$ for a mount and balance. So I pay them and head off on my marry way home. The next day while out for a ride with my gf I stop to grab some water and some food and as I'm sitting there eating I notice the arrow on the sidewall .... going the wrong way. Now they should of checked it before handing me back the bike, but heck one stupid mistake and I could see how it could happen. But today I check the chain and alignment of the rear tire and its way off and the chain has less than a half inch slack...
So here I am thinking... WHAT THE HECK DID I PAY THEM A 2HR SHOP RATE FOR !!!!?????!?!?!?!!!! Im taking it back this weekend and having them flip the front tire around the right way. What would you guys do? Would you just insist they correct their mistake with the tire, or would u ask for a refund of some of the bill from last weekend??? Oh on top of everything else they also scratched my previously flawless rims and left all the old weight adhesive on too !!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 01:52 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Dang, that sucks dude. You would think if you talked to the manager, some sort of compensation would be in order for the screw up and the wasted trip back to the shop. The shop just doesn't sound very professional, & prob have some kid mounting tires for the summer. The only advice I could give you, is to invest in a set of stands and remove the wheels yourself, and just bring them in next time. Mounting costs will be cheaper, and you'll know chain slack and the little things are done right.

2008 600RR Sold
2006 Triumph Speed Triple 1050
91' 300ZX TT
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 02:07 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

man thats totally fucked up you should definetly get something back from them

06 CBR 600RR..... life is too short for traffic....

06 CBR 600RR
93 300ZX

If you love your bike, let it go. If it comes back to you, you just highsided...

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 03:59 AM
i love juggggggggzzz

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
have them fix it correctly ask for money back, be careful they dont scratch your rim i for sure thought this is where that thread was headed.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 03:26 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Sorry to hear that. Your best bet is to learn how to do everything yourself.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-08-2011, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Normally I do most things myself. This is my first sportbike and with just getting it I haven't purchased stands yet. If I had them I would of taken the wheels off and taken them to a local guy that charges 20 per tire. Just had him to my V65 and was real happy with his work.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2011, 08:25 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
What dealer is it?

PLEASE READ THE CLASSIFIED RULES BEFORE POSTING CLASSIFIED RULES
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

ok so I wasn't gonna post the dealer name, but seeing as they were supposed to order brake pads for me last weekend and its now Friday and I still don't have them....

B&E Honda in Valpo IN.

Also as far as what was done to "make it right" . I took the bike in the following weekend. They looked it over and tell me yup the tire is on backwards.Btw the adjustment blocks for your chain are on wrong too, but since you adjusted the chain we dont know if we did it or you, but we'll go ahead and fix that too... , nice of them huh. I just wanna know... WHY THE HECK WOULD I PULL THE AXLE AND FLIP THOSE AROUND THE WRONG WAY!!!! .
Anyways I asked for a set of front pads ,since mine are almost gone, at dealer price to cover some of my hassle . They tell me they are outta stock but can order them for me. I tell them I dont go that way very often but if they can drop ship them to me that would be great, after some mental debate in the sales rep's head and him trying to talk me into making another 45min trip there he says ok um sure we can do that. I paid him 62$ for 2 sets of ebc h/h pads last sat. Its now friday and they still aren't here. Im calling tomorrow to make sure they even actually ordered them.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 08:04 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Yea I try stay away from them as much as I can. I'm not sure how they really survive. Their staff is a joke. Where do you live? I'd check out turn 1 in Plymouth. I have had nothing but good experiences from them. Bought both ny bikes from them. My buddy got ripped off at b&e when bought his bike. I'd stay clear of there, obviously you found out the hard way. Dano is a joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.Com

PLEASE READ THE CLASSIFIED RULES BEFORE POSTING CLASSIFIED RULES
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 10:35 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaghost View Post
I'd check out turn 1 in Plymouth.
Actually I live 10 mins or less from turn1. Infact thats where I got the tires from (2010 Q2's for 93/127$) that I had B&E mount. Turn1 was having their Victory demo rides going on that weekend. They told me they didn't have the staff available to do the change..., sooooo B&E it was. Man what a mistake!!!!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-17-2011, 10:47 PM
Banned

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
Calmly, and I repeat, calmly tell them specifically how their technician installed the wheels the wrong way, and tell them you expect a 40% credit for the dangerous situation in which he put your girlfriend and you. He should meet you at least part way and give you 20% back or a store credit, in addition to installing your wheels correctly. Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page