Temple City PowerSports - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-20-2011, 08:32 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs down Temple City PowerSports

thought i'd post this because people need to know not to go there.

A friend of mine took his Aprilia Mille-R there for some maintenance, he noticed that the bike felt and sounded different (he's been riding Yamaha's most his life first Italian bike). after a week or so the shop said that the bike was fine and that they checked everything out. believing the shop after paying for the service he decided to take it for a spin. well guess what he blew a cylinder. he's been riding a bike for 16 years as his only source of transportation VERY experienced rider.

ok so the motors blown what can you do. after talking it over with the shop being the reasonable person he is, he didn't expect the shop to pay the entire bill for a new motor. they agreed on half for parts and he'd pay half for labor. sounds fair. so after 2 months go by looking for a motor they got one. they did all the compression checks and everything was good except when they mounted the damn thing. WRONG YEAR motor!!!! nothing mounts on...... now he's out more cash for the motor they bought and still no bike.

i jokingly said how the hell do you take a running bike to 1 place and walk out of there with a chassis and 2 motors that does you no good?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 10:00 AM
Pocketbike Racer

That sux.

Their site shows they are an Aprilia dealer. So I would assume they have a mechanic certified for Aprilia bikes...
http://www.tcpowersports.com/

While I don't know the full details that occurred, it is odd to order the wrong year motor...
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-21-2011, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by domlee View Post
That sux.

Their site shows they are an Aprilia dealer. So I would assume they have a mechanic certified for Aprilia bikes...
http://www.tcpowersports.com/

While I don't know the full details that occurred, it is odd to order the wrong year motor...
The motor mounts on and the case looks the same. The exhaust or intake doesn't mount. They fired the original aprilia mechanic I have no idea who they have now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page