Fieldsheer leathers - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-23-2011, 12:12 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Fieldsheer leathers

I recently bought some Fieldsheer one piece leathers from Competition Accessories online. I'm a measly 42" chest and I ordered a Large (size 46-48) to accommodate my spine protector. Well, the leathers didn't come close to fitting- way too tight even without my Armadillo protector on! Maybe since all these leathers are being produced in Pakistan, perhaps they have a different sizing spec or chart? I would imagine they'd be copied from the design specs from the factory, so that may mean the sizing chart from Fieldsheer is bunko.

Plus they arrived without any knee pucks (so how do I drag my knee in the corner at the track without destroying my kneecap?). Plus, the foam spine protector was in the box but when I tried to insert it in the designed pouch in the liner, it wouldn't fit. I tried rolling it up and inserting it so it would expand laterally but that didn't work and I couldn't jam it down into the pouch without tearing something.

So I sent it back to Comp Acc and they called me up and told me the liner was ripped! I didn't do it so I asked for a picture. They sent me a photo of the spine protector rammed in the pouch and tearing it open. I told them I didn't see any damages when I shipped it back and also that I put the spine protector in the box the way I received it. Since they put it back in, I assume they tore it but they charged me for the damages, reducing my credit! If they received it damaged, they should have taken a picture of it BEFORE they rammed the protector into the pocket, not after!

Seems some receiving warehouse kid may have done it but didn't want to accept the responsibility (and maybe get fired) so he blamed it on me. I have witnesses that saw it wasn't torn but how can I argue with an internet store thousands of miles away and unseen? They control the refunds/credits. Not like I can go to Small Claims court or anything.

So I guess this is a warning to all who buy online- try a copy of the item on before hand to be sure of fitment. If not, you're at the mercy of the return clerk!! Buyer beware!

"If your wheels are off, answer to your God but me, I'll be up and gone. I'll be up and long gone..." Robin Trower, "Little Bit of Sympathy 1972

"Veni, Vidi, Vici." Julius Ceasar (I came, I saw, I conquered)

"Nana Korobi- Ya Oki" Japanese Bushido saying- "Get knocked down seven times, get up eight!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 07-01-2011, 01:19 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Okay, Competition Accessories ended up being fair. They split the difference with me since no one could actually prove who's fault it was. They at least tried and listened to me as a consumer. Not their fault the leathers were sized goofy.

All is good.

"If your wheels are off, answer to your God but me, I'll be up and gone. I'll be up and long gone..." Robin Trower, "Little Bit of Sympathy 1972

"Veni, Vidi, Vici." Julius Ceasar (I came, I saw, I conquered)

"Nana Korobi- Ya Oki" Japanese Bushido saying- "Get knocked down seven times, get up eight!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page