cycle sector and 303 cycle...not too happy - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 03:07 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
cycle sector and 303 cycle...not too happy

hearing so many good things on this forum about these 2 vendors, i figured i'd do some business.

cycle sector first. i am a us service member and they offer a military discount. took me several tries via email to even get any response that they set up my acct/discount. so i finally place my order. arrow headers, PCV and auto tune. took 2 weeks to get anything shipped (order placed 6/29, invoice sent via email 7/11) and when the first of two boxes arrived, it arrived in MAINE which is the billing address. i'm in NJ, home on leave, and now i have to go back to NC where i'll barely have time to put the stuff on the bike! so i have to wait longer to get the stuff rerouted to NC, if they can't get it to NJ on time. awesome! still waiting on the headers to see when and where they show up. now, the best part, is that they got paid on july 1. so they were really quick to take the money ($900+), but not so much on delivery and service.

FOLLOWUP AS I WRITE THIS: they are emailing my dad a shipping label so he can send the box from maine to nj. hopefully it will get here before i leave saturday am.

303cycle...ordered a pair of shorty levers and techspec tank pads. simple enough right? can't say exact order date because i had asked questions and via email replies, the order was placed. but i received my invoice on may 31. paid invoice via paypal on june 6. so they got there $200+ payment. as of yesterday, i canceled the order and requested a refund because they were waiting on one lever to be shipped to them. before they would send me any part of the shipment. i spoke to david on june 30 and he assured me it would be sent out that week. 2 weeks later, still nothing and the order is cancelled.

i was surprised to have this much frustration after reading all the good reviews on here of both of these vendors. but i just wanna put it out there that people make mistakes and no service is perfect. i get that. but the lack of communication on the delays, and not sending even a partial shipment is what has me the most frustrated. anytime i've ordered something for any of hte bikes i've owned, i've gotten partial shipments if they were unable to send it all right away.

i already ordered another set of levers yesterday from cycle sector, so i hope this time around it goes better. and the tank pads...well i'll just have to find somewhere else to get them i guess.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 03:17 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Some times sh!t happens man - I think you were just unlucky.

I am from CANADA, the land of poutine, back-bacon and GOOD BEER!!
2012 STREET BIKE OF THE YEAR
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 03:22 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

ya, i wont argue that. like i said, people aren't perfect. and knowing my life and my history of unluckiness, it may be more on me than anyone else! :)

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
cant be 100% all the time i suppose.

but for me, personally communication is probably the biggest virtue for a vendor to have.

i ordered a backpack from cyclesector and didnt get billed for it til about 11-12 months later.. needless to say that is bad communication.

shipping was fast though and the product was just fine, but i was a little steamed that they charged my account 170$ with out an email or call or something to tell me that they were having billing issues.

they did offer to give me some deals on stuff after i spoke with them and explained what happened, but i have yet to take them up on it.

i think what it boils down to is the fact that the vendors get a good rep for a reason, and although they are represented as being satisfactory, they can still make mistakes. its only natural.

i hope they can work with you to make things right, good luck

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 03:51 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

totally agree dep. honestly, if i can get the stuff and find the time to get it all installed (i wanted to do it while i was home on leave with nothing better to do) i'll be all good. there honestly isn't much more i wanna do to my bike. a few odds and ends. but nothing major.

and again, all the good reviews on this forum is what brought me to those vendors. i dont think for a minute that their business will hurt from me talking about my experience, nor would i want it to. but the forum provides a place to discuss vendor experiences so i did.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 04:08 PM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
vendor chime in is needed, here,

sorry to hear it bro!!!! Hopefully you have better luck in the future.

R.I.P. P H A T S T U D

Stickies down!!!!! GEAR UP!!!!!!!

MOTORCYCLE PIC GAME PT. 2 RESULTShttps://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=256112
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 09:48 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc rider View Post
totally agree dep. honestly, if i can get the stuff and find the time to get it all installed (i wanted to do it while i was home on leave with nothing better to do) i'll be all good. there honestly isn't much more i wanna do to my bike. a few odds and ends. but nothing major.

and again, all the good reviews on this forum is what brought me to those vendors. i dont think for a minute that their business will hurt from me talking about my experience, nor would i want it to. but the forum provides a place to discuss vendor experiences so i did.
totally understand,

and like i said. Im not trying to take anything away from those guys, i know that things can get bussy and overlooked.

just because Nero's mom has great apple pie and a lot of people say her apple pie has great flavor and texture... doesnt mean that you will think her pie is the best, or great at all right?

same thing here man, most people have positive experience, others dont. but, the vendors that you see over and over again are recommended for a reason man. give them time to work with ya and give them a chance to make you happy.

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 56 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DepPravacion View Post
just because Nero's mom has great apple pie and a lot of people say her apple pie has great flavor and texture... doesnt mean that you will think her pie is the best, or great at all right?
ohhhh snap. dont get me started. ive dipped into nero's moms apple pie. wasnt all that great imo. now her chocolate starfish on the other hand...that was great. smooth as pudding.

but really, everyone will have a bad experience sooner or later. you just got bit twice from two different sources. for myself, id just try to give em a chance to make things right. if that doesnt please you, then all you can do is move on to another vendor. jus like i did with neros mom apple pie, i moved on and tried the starfish. lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by struckbylitenin View Post
I wanna learn from the master king dingaling

Last edited by SLAPS808; 07-13-2011 at 11:23 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to SLAPS808 For This Useful Post:
DepPravacion (07-13-2011)
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 11:23 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAPS808 View Post
ohhhh snap. dont get me started. ive dipped nero's moms apple pie. wasnt all that great imo. now her chocolate starfish on the other hand...that was great. smooth as pudding.

but really, everyone will have a bad experience sooner or later. you just got bit twice from two different sources. for myself, id just try to give em a chance to make things right. if that doesnt please you, then all you can do is move on to another vendor. jus like i did with neros mom apple pie, i moved on and tried the starfish. lol.
quoted for truth

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
The Following User Says Thank You to DepPravacion For This Useful Post:
SLAPS808 (07-13-2011)
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 11:25 PM
BOTM Winner 01/12

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
That sucks about your experience op. Hopefully everything is taken care of. Like everyone else said, it's difficult to be 100% all the time. I think what the most important thing is, when stuff goes wrong, how the vendor handles it.

I know my experience with 303 has been spot on every single time I have ordered from them and I am absolutely sure they will make things right for you.

Good luck with everything and thank you for your service.

No Sig Pic, trying to save you some bandwith!

Thank you to all of our service members, past and present, who have risked their lives for us.

OIF Veteran
08 CBR - Red/Black: Not Stock
My Build: https://www.600rr.net/forums/showthread.php?t=239602
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 11:28 PM
Street BOTM Winner 10/11

Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuuScbr View Post
vendor chime in is needed, here,

sorry to hear it bro!!!! Hopefully you have better luck in the future.
I think that deigo might be on vaca? He posted up the dates he's gonna be gone but I don't remember right off the top of my head?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

R.I.P SPC Dylan Reid 03SEP1986-16OCT2010.
R.I.P. Phatstud 05/08/1980-10/19/2010.
R.I.P Marco Simoncelli #58 20JAN1987-23OCT2011
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 11:51 PM
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015

Thanked 1,266 Times in 1,146 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CELO View Post
I think that deigo might be on vaca? He posted up the dates he's gonna be gone but I don't remember right off the top of my head?

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
i don't think that's for another week... in any case sucks bro and hope it all somehow works out and things get made up for you so at least you can feel better...

YouTube Channel

----------------------------------------------------------------
kali_cbr600rr - build/progress (2007 blue/silver)
kali_cbr600rr - GoPro/Video adventures

4 sale: A Lot Of Stuff - Look at the "For Sale" section!!!
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-13-2011, 11:56 PM
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 85 reviews
Yeah that was our bad. When I realized that your order hadnt shipped yet I had Jimmy ship it out in a hurry, but he overlooked that your billing was different than your shipping.

The Arrow headers and levers shipped out to the correct address.

post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Knee Dragger

I also had a bad experience with 303 cycle. Will post my experience shortly.

:beer:Cheers
--wRath
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 04:40 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
hearing so many good things on this forum about these 2 vendors, i figured i'd do some business.

cycle sector first. i am a us service member and they offer a military discount. took me several tries via email to even get any response that they set up my acct/discount. so i finally place my order. arrow headers, PCV and auto tune. took 2 weeks to get anything shipped (order placed 6/29, invoice sent via email 7/11) and when the first of two boxes arrived, it arrived in MAINE which is the billing address. i'm in NJ, home on leave, and now i have to go back to NC where i'll barely have time to put the stuff on the bike! so i have to wait longer to get the stuff rerouted to NC, if they can't get it to NJ on time. awesome! still waiting on the headers to see when and where they show up. now, the best part, is that they got paid on july 1. so they were really quick to take the money ($900+), but not so much on delivery and service.

FOLLOWUP AS I WRITE THIS: they are emailing my dad a shipping label so he can send the box from maine to nj. hopefully it will get here before i leave saturday am.

303cycle...ordered a pair of shorty levers and techspec tank pads. simple enough right? can't say exact order date because i had asked questions and via email replies, the order was placed. but i received my invoice on may 31. paid invoice via paypal on june 6. so they got there $200+ payment. as of yesterday, i canceled the order and requested a refund because they were waiting on one lever to be shipped to them. before they would send me any part of the shipment. i spoke to david on june 30 and he assured me it would be sent out that week. 2 weeks later, still nothing and the order is cancelled.

i was surprised to have this much frustration after reading all the good reviews on here of both of these vendors. but i just wanna put it out there that people make mistakes and no service is perfect. i get that. but the lack of communication on the delays, and not sending even a partial shipment is what has me the most frustrated. anytime i've ordered something for any of hte bikes i've owned, i've gotten partial shipments if they were unable to send it all right away.

i already ordered another set of levers yesterday from cycle sector, so i hope this time around it goes better. and the tank pads...well i'll just have to find somewhere else to get them i guess.
I apologize for your experience. When you called/e-mail we based our time off ASV getting us our levers that were on backorder. Jason gave us updates every week and our levers went from being a week out, to two weeks, to 6 weeks.

When you called and talked to me I apologized for the delay and let you know that we were waiting on one lever (clutch) to come in to complete your order. I asked if you wanted us to send out the tech spec and lever. You replied, "No cancel my order." I refunded you via paypal minutes later.

Again my apologies but we have had a couple issues with certain vendors missing timelines promised to us.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 04:58 PM
Lifetime Premium

Things definitely happen, Communication is key,

I had a great experience with 303,

we RIDE ON!!!!!!! Good luck OP,

maybe they'll send you a free shirt or something :)

R.I.P. P H A T S T U D

Stickies down!!!!! GEAR UP!!!!!!!

MOTORCYCLE PIC GAME PT. 2 RESULTShttps://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=256112
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 05:28 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by 303 Cycle View Post
I apologize for your experience. When you called/e-mail we based our time off ASV getting us our levers that were on backorder. Jason gave us updates every week and our levers went from being a week out, to two weeks, to 6 weeks.

When you called and talked to me I apologized for the delay and let you know that we were waiting on one lever (clutch) to come in to complete your order. I asked if you wanted us to send out the tech spec and lever. You replied, "No cancel my order." I refunded you via paypal minutes later.

Again my apologies but we have had a couple issues with certain vendors missing timelines promised to us.
i just want to clarify, that i didn't cancel out of spite. i am leaving nj for north carolina this saturday am. time will be limited to install any of the parts i have ordered once i get back to work. a $200 order is less of a worry to me than a $900 order that i had with cycle sector, and i was still waiting on the second lever from you.

i asked cycle sector to send because they could get it to me in time so i'd at least have the stuff. thats all.

but the rest of what you said was accurate. a prompt refund was issued with an apology for the inconvenience.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 05:30 PM
Moto GP Racer

so they took care of you, are you happy now? i guess im asking is it more positive now than negative or what?

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepPravacion View Post
so they took care of you, are you happy now? i guess im asking is it more positive now than negative or what?
well, understanding that things do happen and mistakes get made from time to time, i dont wanna say it was totally negative. it was frustrating that i wanted my stuff and was just left waiting. and thats from both vendors, both of which have come through on correcting the issues at hand, either with a refund or getting my stuff shipped.

i ordered the levers from cycle sector and expect them and my headers soon. the only thing i wont have is my tank pads, which is not a big deal.

i dont know when i'm going to be able to install any of the parts because they all took a while to be shipped but at least i have, or have coming, most of what i wanted. so installation schedule is on me now.

again, i was frustrated, but i realize none of this is the end of the world. and i may have sounded REALLY upset when i wrote the original post because it was right after i had gotten off the phone with these vendors.

after thinking about it more, they are human and they aren't perfect. so they did what they could and in my eyes, that ends on a positive note. so yes, i'll say it turned positive.

but i still wish i had all my stuff already.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 05:55 PM
Moto GP Racer

yea understandable.

its easy to post up when you are dissapointed in a deal.

and although it does sting, sometimes things just dont mesh up the way we invision them to and we are faced with obstacles, just life.

as long as the vendor is sincere and genuine and attempts to make me happy if i was not happy then generally thats enough to curb my anger and make me feel better.
i dont think they are out to try to screw members over. i think this site is pretty good about having reputable vendors and members for the most part.

well ride safe bro,
kudos

RIP PHATTY
05/08/1980-10/19/2010
VOTE RON PAUL 2012
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 07-14-2011, 06:23 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
i just want to clarify, that i didn't cancel out of spite. i am leaving nj for north carolina this saturday am. time will be limited to install any of the parts i have ordered once i get back to work. a $200 order is less of a worry to me than a $900 order that i had with cycle sector, and i was still waiting on the second lever from you.

i asked cycle sector to send because they could get it to me in time so i'd at least have the stuff. thats all.

but the rest of what you said was accurate. a prompt refund was issued with an apology for the inconvenience.
Totally understandable and I apologize that ASV's continued delay caused us to miss your timeline. Its no one's fault but my own and I'll own up to that, if there is ANYTHING we can do in the future I hope we can regain your business!
The Following User Says Thank You to 303 Cycle For This Useful Post:
Dr. Fishbeard (07-14-2011)
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-08-2012, 10:22 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I would deff give 303 cycles another chance

Sent from my PG86100 using Motorcycle.com Free App

I won I won!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page