HardRacing. Poor Service and Issue Still Unresolved - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 09:01 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
HardRacing. Poor Service and Issue Still Unresolved

My priority is to find a solution to an issue I am having with HardRacing.com out of NC. I have read posts on this board of others with more positive experiences, so maybe someone might have some insight on getting this issue resolved. Furthermore, putting this problem in the open (especially where this company is a sponsor) may garner a better result than the current counterproductive bickering email exchange that has occurred with HardRacing, who has, in my opinion been less than professional.

The Issue:

I purchased a TruGel Cell battery from HardRacing.com for my 2006 600RR back in March 2011. Product arrived and transaction went smoothly. I am unsure of the actual date that I installed the battery, but it was not for a few months. Needless to say, shortly after installation, in June 2011, my bike began blowing smoke from the back so I took it into a local shop to see what was wrong. I receive the bike back early August but am told that (unrelated to the smoke issue) the battery was defective and that that a new one needed to be put it. The shop had said that they were experiencing issues with the TruGel and that I should inform the company where I purchased it of the defect and to see if I could return it since it was so new.

I contact HardRacing August 19th, and they won't accept a return (which I am not happy with but can somewhat understand since so much time has passed), but will have the manufacturer exchange it out for another (again, not ideal since I am no longer in need of a battery, but this is all HardRacing is willing to do). This is what HardRacing's email said:

"Unfortunately, the Manufacturer will only do warranty exchange when it's been over 30 days.

Kinda like Purchasing a new $3000 TV at an Electronics store.

And after 6 months they wouldn't take it back for Refund. Only Exchange it out for another one."

I tried to tell HardRacing that it had not been 6 months yet, (purchase date 03/02/11 to 08/19/11), but the response I received was just a shipping label to an individual named Adam Landers in Fort Worth, Texas, with no company name. The email gave locations of local UPS drop off locations and said I needed to write the RA# in big letters on the box. No other information was given from HardRacing regarding where the battery was going, who was receiving it, when I should expect another, who would be contacting me, etc. So I slapped the label on the box and dropped it off at UPS on Aug. 24.

More than a month goes by. In hindsight, I might have called HardRacing earlier to figure out what was going on, but I really have no idea how long this process takes. I didn't know if the battery needed to be tested to determine if it were defective, or if I needed to be contacted regarding its use, or if HardRacing were going to be sending me the new battery, or if TruGel or the guy I sent the battery to would get in touch with me.

Either way, on Oct. 10, I email HardRacing to see the status of the battery, figuring at this point someone should have contacted me. HardRacing replies that same day that they will check and get back to me. I receive a phone call shortly after saying that their was an attempt to deliver the battery in September and it was refused. I ask why I wasn't told about any shipment, attempt at delivery, or refusal, and the person on the phone from HardRacing says that all he knows is that according to a tracking number, the shipment was refused. I tell him that i never refused anything and ask him for the tracking number. He says he will email it to me, which he does shortly after we hang up. In a nutshell, after speaking with UPS and looking at the tracking details, the delivery attempt went as follows:

Delivery was successfully made to my apartment complex office on Sept. 1. For whatever reason, I didn't receive a note that I had a delivery on my door and my apartment complex did not notify me of the delivery. (Yes, I understand that these are issues that need to be taken up with these entities as well). On Sept. 15, my apartment complex returns the package to the sender, which is in Jacksonville, Florida.

So as of right now, HardRacing still has my money, I do not have the product I purchased, and HardRacing has responded to my email (in an unprofessional manner) saying that they did their part, delivered a product, and that I need to take responsibility for my actions. Furthermore, HardRacing is now claiming that they are certain they emailed me the tracking number when it was shipped, although they have not provided a copy of that email and say that "
Over 100,000 emails get lost or misrouted every min of every day, world wide.
That's the nature of emails."

Throughout HardRacing's email where they point fingers at everything but themselves, they do not even hint at a vague possibility of what can be done at this point to resolve this issue. They are offering no help at this point, whatsoever. Unfortunately I feel absolutely cheated. I paid for a battery and after all this run around, I have nothing to show for it, and HardRacing has made a profit off of a defective product.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Putting all the wasted time and effort aside, I just want to be brought back to the status quo.

Please let me know if you have any questions. And if you are skeptical about actual information and wordage I refer to in our email exchanges, I will be happy to forward them to you. Just PM me.

Last edited by KhRoNiX; 10-11-2011 at 09:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 09:38 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 28 reviews
No offense but sounds like UPS and your apartment complex dropped the ball.
Nowhere in there did you say Hardracing has stopped trying to get you the replacement.

- 3x 600 rr's track- 2x 1k rr's track -
When you are busy winning, who has the time to show off?

post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 09:42 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I would bring it up with the office of my apartment complex, possibly talk to upper management of it. While I would also feel cheated, it does sound like hard racing did try to fix the problem but all they do is sell what trugel sends them. Trugel should be the ones held responsible, but even they should be held less than your apartment complex. I would be down there bitching them out that they just cost you $xxx and expect it to be taken out of rent. Or call trugel bitching them out to get your battery back.

On a side note, I did have a good experience with hard racing so may be a little biased. Sorry about your bad experience.

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Sorry, but it sounds like most of the problem is on your end. They sent you the battery but you never tested it and just left it sitting for 3-4 months without using it. Then you expect a refund?

The mess up with ups and the manufacturer is your responsibility, not theirs, IMHO.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

I'm not at issue with the refund. Like I said here:

"they won't accept a return (which I am not happy with but can somewhat understand since so much time has passed)"

My issue is that they are not helping me at this point. I don't know where the battery came from. Where to get a new one. Where to get the exchange. My complex did screw up, but things need to get fixed at this point and HardRacing is doing nothing to make it right. I tried to get the return information from the apartment complex and UPS, but both did not have that information. Furthermore, it would have been helpful if HardRacing sent me tracking information. Or at least contacted me. In my opinion, it is bad business practice to leave a customer out of the loop regarding a shipment--when it is sent, received, and other status materials--especially since they were unsatisfied with your product.

But like I said before, I do not currently have a product that I paid for. Whether my apartment complex or the manufacturer needs to pay to reship the battery is pretty straightforward. The part that I do not understand is HardRacing's unwillingness to resolve this issue at this point. They have the money and possibly the battery as well. How that seems fair is beyond me, regardless of who screwed up in the shipping process.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by checksix View Post
The mess up with ups and the manufacturer is your responsibility, not theirs, IMHO.
Just to clarify, HardRacing is the one that ships the battery to me, not the manufacturer. And HardRacing is the one that never notified me of the shipment. I would have been able to track the package when it arrived at my apartment complex if I was told of the tracking information. Of course, that doesn't excuse the complex from sending my stuff awa, but this could have been resolved if I was kept in the loop. And for HardRacing to say that I'm responsible for that is plainly absurd.

Either way, thank you for your input.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 10:36 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Seems to me that hardracing was playing middle man trying to get you a replacement. Typically when you need something replaced under warranty it is the manufacturer that should replace it regardless of who you purchased it from. Hardracing had you send it to fort worth which is where bikemasters is located. Because bikemasters should have sent you a tracking after they reshipped I can see where hardracing is kind of out of the picture and can see where they are coming from when they say they did their part. Well I hope you get it all worked out sucks anytime **** like that happens.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I don't see anything wrong with how Hardracing is handling the issue.

Plus you said the bike was running when you brought it in and the 'mechanics' said that although unrelated to the blowing smoke issue that you needed a new battery. And you were experiencing no battery issues before you brought your bike in?

My guess is that the mechanics either accidentally fried your battery and are trying to pin it on you,,, or they are simply trying for a money grab saying your battery is toast.

Did you load test your battery or take your bike somewhere else for another opinion?

IMO if it is months after you bought the battery you have no grounds for a return. Any kind of help Hardracing gives you is kindness and good customer service

I am from CANADA, the land of poutine, back-bacon and GOOD BEER!!
2012 STREET BIKE OF THE YEAR
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 09:05 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rendil View Post
Seems to me that hardracing was playing middle man trying to get you a replacement. Typically when you need something replaced under warranty it is the manufacturer that should replace it regardless of who you purchased it from. Hardracing had you send it to fort worth which is where bikemasters is located. Because bikemasters should have sent you a tracking after they reshipped I can see where hardracing is kind of out of the picture and can see where they are coming from when they say they did their part. Well I hope you get it all worked out sucks anytime **** like that happens.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
Yes, definitely a middleman issue. However, apparently HardRacing sent me the new battery, not the manufacturer. Just wish HardRacing had sent me a tracking number or told me of the shipment.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 09:13 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by v-tec crx View Post
I don't see anything wrong with how Hardracing is handling the issue.

Plus you said the bike was running when you brought it in and the 'mechanics' said that although unrelated to the blowing smoke issue that you needed a new battery. And you were experiencing no battery issues before you brought your bike in?

My guess is that the mechanics either accidentally fried your battery and are trying to pin it on you,,, or they are simply trying for a money grab saying your battery is toast.

Did you load test your battery or take your bike somewhere else for another opinion?

IMO if it is months after you bought the battery you have no grounds for a return. Any kind of help Hardracing gives you is kindness and good customer service

It's grounds for an exchange under the manufacturer's warranty. My guess is that HardRacing tried to help me by being the middleman during the usual exchange between the customer and the manufacturer. The problem is that if they play the middleman, and the manufacturer isn't going to be in contact with me or sending me the exchange, I feel that HardRacing should be in contact with me (i.e. sending me the tracking/shipping info) since they are the one shipping the product, not the manufacturer.

Either way, any suggestions on what I can do at this point? I'm already taking it up with my apartment complex. HardRacing's emails continue to be a back-and-forth exchange about who is responsible, and they aren't telling me what I can do at this point. I can try BikeMasters, but will only have the contact information that can be found on Google. Anyone have anything better?
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 09:24 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews

Wow.

1st off. Thank you everyone for your replies.

We actually weren't going to post on here, because all of you said exactly what we were thinking.

Unfortunately, it seems as KhRoNiX Won't let this go, we have to clarify.

1) Customer got his battery, "Nearly" 6 months ago.
2) Customer claims his battery was not working, after it sat around somewhere for 5 months "Supposedly"
3) We had a decision to make.
a) we guide Customer to the manufacturer for a Warranty exchange.
or
b) We do it ourselves.

4) We chose B. and We gave customer an RA# to send it back for exchange
5) Customer then sent back the battery
6) The battery was delivered

7) We then Sent our Customer back a replacement battery (exactly as we promised)
8) The replacement Battery was delivered.

This Should have been END OF STORY.

But, as you all have seen. It's not.

The customer was in no way resposible to get his battery.

We DID in fact email our customer return tracking, like we always do... which he obviously didn't get.

Nonetheless, after all this... we are still at fault.

And to top it off, after 2 x e-mails that we have sent to our customer [Last night] stating.. "At this Point, it's best for us to just REFUND your card for the price of the Battery".

Yet........ He goes and posts more BS.

WOW.

Last edited by HardRacing; 10-12-2011 at 09:37 AM.
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 09:29 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Update:

HardRacing has emailed me offering a refund.

Update 2:

Actually, here is the quote from the email:

"Obviously, the best thing to do at this point, Since you have No Responsibility, is for us to just refund you back for the price of battery."

And yes, there was sarcasm there.

I am not trying to bash any company. I couldn't care less about doing so. I just want this issue resolved. As can be seen, HardRacing has twisted some of the facts of the story, but anyone reading thread is feel to come to their own conclusions.

Last edited by KhRoNiX; 10-12-2011 at 09:36 AM.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 09:41 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Wow Hardracing way to go above and beyond!!!!

OP this was handled by Hardracing almost flawlessly you and your apt complex are the one that should be holding 100% of the blame. IMHO.

Team Orange
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 09:55 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhRoNiX View Post
Either way, any suggestions on what I can do at this point?

I would say consider it a loss.

I mean who is to say that the battery did just sit for five months, maybe you did use it for the entire 6 months and you used it poorly (going for five minute rides down the street or leaving the bike on with out it running etc...) and you fried the battery and were pissed that it only lasted you 6 months. then you tried to get a new one from hardracing taking advantage of their top notch customer service.

IMO either way it is, you had the battery for 6 months and no warranty should apply any longer. and neither hardracing or the manufacturer should be responsible.

Also, it appears you joined this forum just to start a bad thread about hardracing- this is a site where we all know of the quality service hardracing provides. (6 out of 7 posts all in this thread).... And it is quite obvious that they have been providing you with this very good service despite the fact that they have no obligation to.

Consider your self very lucky if you do get refunded.. and you should feel guilty inside because IMO you didn't actually deserve to be refunded.

Some times sh!t happens and something we spend our money on goes wrong or breaks and we just have to deal with it. thats life

I am from CANADA, the land of poutine, back-bacon and GOOD BEER!!
2012 STREET BIKE OF THE YEAR

Last edited by v-tec crx; 10-12-2011 at 09:58 AM.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 10:38 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Wow, way to go above and beyond hard racing. I would have told this kid to shove it long ago now that we hear the rest of the story. Khronix, get over yourself. You are at fault and your apartment complex.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyleronanrr View Post
Wow, way to go above and beyond hard racing. I would have told this kid to shove it long ago now that we hear the rest of the story. Khronix, get over yourself. You are at fault and your apartment complex.
Hear the rest of the story? Or hear a different story that you choose to believe in. Like I mentioned, HardRacing's post contains lies.

Whether wrong or right, HardRacing unfortunately does not want me to address the issue on these message boards. I have been emailed by them saying that they are considering a lawsuit.

I hope this does not chill any other members from posting problems that they are having. I thought that was the purpose of this sub-forum.

Again, if anyone is interested in seeing the actual emails that HardRacing has been sending, feel free to PM me.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 11:07 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Whatever emails he has been sending is a moot point

1. He sent you a return slip which you used to return the battery(who cares where the battery went TX NC FL)

2. A battery was sent to your apt complex. Sept 1

3. YOUR Apt complex did not inform YOU that there was a package for you.

4. Battery was returned to sender by YOUR apt complex. Sept 15th or something.

5. A refund was given to you by Hardracing.

These are all facts that were stated by YOU!!!!!!! Now shut the fuk up, remove yourself from this forum and go about your merry way!

Team Orange

Last edited by jimpaine1; 10-12-2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Spelling
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 11:07 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 28 reviews
unsubscribed
good luck
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 11:10 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimpaine1 View Post

5. A refund was given to you by Hardracing.
No refund was given...
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 11:19 AM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,718 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhRoNiX View Post
Hear the rest of the story? Or hear a different story that you choose to believe in. Like I mentioned, HardRacing's post contains lies.
I think you should just let it go, seriously. You should have never been working with HardRacing on this in the first place, you deal with the manuf. and warranty.

You sound really whiney and I have no sympathy at all. It's a battery, and you should deal with the battery maker and your apartment issue.

Have a nice (non-whiney) day.
post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 11:35 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

He offered you a refund in an email, you still were not satisfied with that so you posted that they were sarcastic. One day when you get a little older you will come to realize when something is offered that isn't deserved you dont bad mouth the way it was offered you just take it say thank you and go about your business.

I personally hope Hardracing removes the refund offer and lets you hang out in the wind. No one here will think any less of Hardracing if that is done. My two cents I'm out.

Team Orange
post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 11:58 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
thread closed, there appears to be a resolution, no need to keep it going.

DDM 55w 7k HID
Sliders
Black Vortex Rearsets
R&G Bar Ends
Black passenger pegs
JPR Shorty levers
Drive Systems Superlight rear sprocket +2
Drive systems front sprocket -1
EK 520MVXZ black chain
Arata Ti Slipon with Ti mid pipe
Pro-Bolts black fairing bolt kit
Versah RJL Brake pads
Flushmounts
fender eliminator
Pair Delete
Bazzaz AFM

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page