Warning to all - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Warning to all

THIS IS JUST A WARNING TO STAY AWAY FROM CENTRAL FLORIDA POWER SPORTS ON ORANGE BLOSSOM TRAIL IN ORLANDO FL.

Here is my story:
So I took my 07 600rr in perfect working condition up to a local dealer to trade up for a web advertised used 08 1000rr. Had the bike for 6 days and the crank case started making a ticking sound.
I took the 1000rr back to the dealer and showed them what is up, me being an idiot didn't buy an extended warranty. However, the dealer said honda has a recall on 08 engine noise and might cover it. So they took my bike apart, inspected everything, ordered a few parts to replace some worn out clutch pieces. Reassembled and still making the noise.
Next the dealer took photos and a video and sound clip of the motor and sent it off to honda for review. Honda took 5 days to respond and stated that the noise I have is not the noise they're going to cover.
So now it's been over 3 weeks, bike is still at dealership. Honda told the dealer to check a few additional parts or spec. turns out the mainshaft in transmission is bent. part #23211-MFL-000, in order to replace it they are going to need to remove the motor from my bike.

Dealer says since no warranty was purchased it's on me to pay 1100 bucks to get a bike i owned for 6 days fixed. My 600 had 15k miles on it, original clutch, I've been on dirt bikes since i was 9 years old, I know how to ride a bike. Shouldn't the dealer inspect the 1000 for these types of issues before selling it to the public?

Hey guys Finally have an update:

so after having my bike for 46 days, the dealer finally fixed the problem, mainshaft in the transmission was bent somehow. 1200 bucks later it's fixed, however the check engine light is on because of the exhaust servo is not reading correctly. They ordered the part but it wasn't in yet. Told me i could take it, ride it, then bring it back when it came in. But the best part isn't over yet....
3 days after getting it back there is a massive oil puddle under the bike, i check and it looks like the oil pan is leaking like a mofo. I call em up and they say we're only 6 miles from your house, can u ride it in. As it's warming up to ride it to them coolant starts pouring onto my driveway. You have no idea how pissed i was. I have no other transportation so I rode it there. They kept my bike for another week, not returning my calls when I was calling them daily. Finally they delivered the bike again today. I told them I'd never step foot on their property ever again. Pulled all fairings to check their work, looks much better now, no leaks, new fluids, rode it 100 miles, and she's good to go i hope. shifts like brand new.

Moral of the story. STAY AWAY FROM CENTRAL FLROIDA POWER SPORTS ON ORANGE BLOSSOM TRAIL, ORLANDO FL. ONE OF THE GUYS THAT WORKS THERE WHO I BECAME FRIENDS WITH, I WONT NAME HIM, TOLD ME THEIR COME BACK RATE FOR WORK IS TREMENDOUS, THEY HAVE HARLEY TECHS WORKING ON SPORT BIKES. AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE.

07 600rr: PCIII, Protons, Jardine RT-1, Sportech Windscreen, K&N, Tripage Tail Light and Adjustable FE, DDM HID's.

Last edited by AcidVW; 12-22-2011 at 06:00 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to AcidVW For This Useful Post:
tary preisser (12-22-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 06:08 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
That sucks! sounds like they fucked up quite a bit geez! One reason I hate other people touching my bikes
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 06:26 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

07 600 straight up trade for an 08 1000? first of all things dont add up here and you didnt happen to notice it. anytime someone is trying to trade something more valuable for something not as much... well you get the picture. its kinda like your trading a honda civic for an s2000... it doesnt make sense other than it seems to be a good deal... but with future headaches.

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 06:26 PM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
How was the sales contact written? Was it sold as is no warranty? If so that falls back on you. Here in California we have a lemon law that prevents this though. Sometimes this hippy state does something right. Lol

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,718 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Never, EVER buy a bike without a warranty.
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 07:06 PM
BOTM Winner 1/13

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
dang, that sucks @$$.... i would be piss too. i be like give me my 600rr back.

My Ride Report :

-Alaska,The Last Frontier

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash a-ron View Post

"To travel by motorcycle there are 3 things- youth, time, and money. You only get 2. Pick wisely."
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 07:08 PM
Knee Dragger

Wow oil and coolant leaking. They must have some shitty mechanics. Hope things go better for you from now on.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 07:11 PM
BOTM Winner 1/13

sued them, they could have made you crash or maybe something worst .. lol

My Ride Report :

-Alaska,The Last Frontier

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash a-ron View Post

"To travel by motorcycle there are 3 things- youth, time, and money. You only get 2. Pick wisely."

Last edited by Nuttynu; 12-22-2011 at 07:14 PM.
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 07:12 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewtwo View Post
07 600 straight up trade for an 08 1000? first of all things dont add up here and you didnt happen to notice it. anytime someone is trying to trade something more valuable for something not as much... well you get the picture. its kinda like your trading a honda civic for an s2000... it doesnt make sense other than it seems to be a good deal... but with future headaches.
No where in his post did he say that he traded straight up.........where did you come up with that? Nice little lecture though!

Vern....STT Southern Region Instructor

If it ain't fast........It ain't fun!!

2014 Yamaha FZ09 highly modded
2008 GSX-R 750..... Track Bike
2008 ST1300
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 07:35 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mewtwo View Post
civic<s2000 like 600rr<1000rr? um, no.

WhatWouldCaRRotDo? that. just. happened.

post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 08:19 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Wow what a horror story, that sucks but glad its all back to normal and you have your baby. I actually took my 06 600rr to trade it in there for a new 09 600rr or a new 1000rr but the guy there was a ******* joke. They were like oh, you are missing 2 bolts on the rear tire hugger, some bolts on the fairing(lower) and there is a crack in the upper so its worth 5500 normally but we will only give you 3200..

Anyhow my boy Matt bought his 09 600rr from them and had real good luck.. Brand new bike out the door back when they were just starting to sell 2010s and he paid 7100 otd.

2012 CBR1000RR HRC
Purchased on 03/14/12
Akrapovic // Vortex // Bazzaz // TST Industries // Dunlop // Driven & Drive Systems // 520 EK Chain
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-22-2011, 08:29 PM
BOTM Winner 03/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidVW View Post
THIS IS JUST A WARNING TO STAY AWAY FROM CENTRAL FLORIDA POWER SPORTS ON ORANGE BLOSSOM TRAIL IN ORLANDO FL.

Here is my story:
So I took my 07 600rr in perfect working condition up to a local dealer to trade up for a web advertised used 08 1000rr. Had the bike for 6 days and the crank case started making a ticking sound.
I took the 1000rr back to the dealer and showed them what is up, me being an idiot didn't buy an extended warranty. However, the dealer said honda has a recall on 08 engine noise and might cover it. So they took my bike apart, inspected everything, ordered a few parts to replace some worn out clutch pieces. Reassembled and still making the noise.
Next the dealer took photos and a video and sound clip of the motor and sent it off to honda for review. Honda took 5 days to respond and stated that the noise I have is not the noise they're going to cover.
So now it's been over 3 weeks, bike is still at dealership. Honda told the dealer to check a few additional parts or spec. turns out the mainshaft in transmission is bent. part #23211-MFL-000, in order to replace it they are going to need to remove the motor from my bike.

Dealer says since no warranty was purchased it's on me to pay 1100 bucks to get a bike i owned for 6 days fixed. My 600 had 15k miles on it, original clutch, I've been on dirt bikes since i was 9 years old, I know how to ride a bike. Shouldn't the dealer inspect the 1000 for these types of issues before selling it to the public?

Hey guys Finally have an update:

so after having my bike for 46 days, the dealer finally fixed the problem, mainshaft in the transmission was bent somehow. 1200 bucks later it's fixed, however the check engine light is on because of the exhaust servo is not reading correctly. They ordered the part but it wasn't in yet. Told me i could take it, ride it, then bring it back when it came in. But the best part isn't over yet....
3 days after getting it back there is a massive oil puddle under the bike, i check and it looks like the oil pan is leaking like a mofo. I call em up and they say we're only 6 miles from your house, can u ride it in. As it's warming up to ride it to them coolant starts pouring onto my driveway. You have no idea how pissed i was. I have no other transportation so I rode it there. They kept my bike for another week, not returning my calls when I was calling them daily. Finally they delivered the bike again today. I told them I'd never step foot on their property ever again. Pulled all fairings to check their work, looks much better now, no leaks, new fluids, rode it 100 miles, and she's good to go i hope. shifts like brand new.

Moral of the story. STAY AWAY FROM CENTRAL FLROIDA POWER SPORTS ON ORANGE BLOSSOM TRAIL, ORLANDO FL. ONE OF THE GUYS THAT WORKS THERE WHO I BECAME FRIENDS WITH, I WONT NAME HIM, TOLD ME THEIR COME BACK RATE FOR WORK IS TREMENDOUS, THEY HAVE HARLEY TECHS WORKING ON SPORT BIKES. AVOID THIS PLACE LIKE THE PLAGUE.
That sucks. Thankfully, I don't think I'll ever have to deal with them, but it's good to warn other members here who might.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
How was the sales contact written? Was it sold as is no warranty? If so that falls back on you. Here in California we have a lemon law that prevents this though. Sometimes this hippy state does something right. Lol
I find it quite amazing that there are states where established businesses can sell goods to a consumer with no ongoing liability for their quality (other than for misrepresentation).

In the UK, when a business sells goods (including vehicles) to a consumer, the consumer is provided with enhanced protection under the Sale of Goods Act. This effectively gives the consumer a "free" warranty that the goods will be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, free from minor defects, safe and durable.

That's why costly extended warranties are almost seen as a scam over here; you're already covered by statute.

e.g. You buy a mint '08 1000RR with 2,000 miles on the clock, never crashed, rallied or raced. It breaks down after 6 days. The seller has to prove that the goods were of satisfactory quality. If the breakdown hasn't been caused by the consumer being an idiot then they can pursue the garage for a no cost repair, a replacement vehicle (if reasonably practicable), or a refund.

For once, I'm glad I live in the UK! (Sorry for rubbing it in AcidVW!).
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 04:18 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,047 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun-Zoom-Spark View Post
That sucks. Thankfully, I don't think I'll ever have to deal with them, but it's good to warn other members here who might.

I find it quite amazing that there are states where established businesses can sell goods to a consumer with no ongoing liability for their quality (other than for misrepresentation).

In the UK, when a business sells goods (including vehicles) to a consumer, the consumer is provided with enhanced protection under the Sale of Goods Act. This effectively gives the consumer a "free" warranty that the goods will be of satisfactory quality, fit for purpose, free from minor defects, safe and durable.

That's why costly extended warranties are almost seen as a scam over here; you're already covered by statute.

e.g. You buy a mint '08 1000RR with 2,000 miles on the clock, never crashed, rallied or raced. It breaks down after 6 days. The seller has to prove that the goods were of satisfactory quality. If the breakdown hasn't been caused by the consumer being an idiot then they can pursue the garage for a no cost repair, a replacement vehicle (if reasonably practicable), or a refund.

For once, I'm glad I live in the UK! (Sorry for rubbing it in AcidVW!).
Same over here mate, used cars/bikes that cost more than 6k have a statutory 3 month 5000km warranty. And a 1kRR is going to run you a lot more than 6k here. On top of that, if it breaks after a month and they hold the bike for 1 month to repair it, you still have 2 months warranty... it essentially goes on pause while they have it.
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 04:54 AM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Yup, our vehicles are cheap but they come at a price. That's why if you're buying something expensive you have a mechanic look at it first.

post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 09:47 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
glad that you got your bike fix

2007 BMW E92 328I
2006 SAAB 9-2X
2008 Honda CBR600rr--Current
Mods:
all stock with track fairings
2005 Honda CBR1000rr--current
2006 Suzuki GS500F SOLD
2004 Honda CBR600F4i SOLD
2004 Honda CBR600RR SOLD
Mods:
Akrapovi full exhaust
Ohlins steering damper
Ohins rear shocks
Valters rear set (GP shift)
PC3
520 conversion with 15t front 43t rear
Hodbodies track fairings
stainless steel front brake line
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 11:25 AM
BOTM Winner 09/12 Repsol DaRizzo And Don't U Forget It

Feedback Score: 26 reviews
Sorry to hear man, glad its good to go now

03 600RR, 07 Jeep Wrangler Sahara & 14 Subaru WRX
(Lapeer,
MI)

September 2012 BOTM Winner

My Build
UPDATE: P. 42 (ALL MODS INSTALLED)
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-23-2011, 02:46 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Ooo wow....
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-24-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm a pretty lady!!!

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
At least its running good now.

2012 Suzuki GSX-R1000

2W1R elCapitan

"There is nothing impossible to him who will try!"
Alexander the Great

"You can go to hell, I'm going to TEXAS!!" Davy Crockett

"Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible."

Happy Catholic

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 02:52 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Like sincal says, if there is no warranty on the sale you are responsible for whatever happens after you ride off the lot. You never know what can break even with newer bikes, so its always a good idea to get some type of warranty. Unless you are 100% sure the bike is in good condition and you checked it yourself.

Good to hear you got it all straightened out tho. The 08 1k's were know to have some issues off the bat since its a new design.

Quote:
Yup, our vehicles are cheap but they come at a price. That's why if you're buying something expensive you have a mechanic look at it first.
Would be nice to have that luxury they have in UK/AUS with free warranty, but that does come at a price. wish they had that here, but i'd rather save money up front and make sure you are buying a good condition bike.

* * 600RR Ex-Track Junkie * *
Current bike - Yamaha Liquid Silver R1

- Competition Breeds Excellence -
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 12-28-2011, 03:11 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 13 reviews
Holy sh!t that sucks...they don't do a 30 day warranty since you bought it from the dealership?

03' 600rr- sold
07' 600rr-
sold
05' 636- sold
Currently searching
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page