Thank you Jason and Sportbiketrackgear - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Thank you Jason and Sportbiketrackgear

Another positive review for one of our site vendors.

I've already written two reviews recently:
A+ for John at Riders Discount
A+ for Paulie at Honda East Toledo

Now for this review. I placed an order with Jason on February 16th. At that time i ordered the following:
Speed Bleeders
Speed Bleeder Bag
Shoei RF-1100 Helmet
RF-1100 gold mirror shield
Carbone Lorraine XBK5 Front Brake Pads
Carbone Lorraine RX3 Rear Brake Pads
Motul RBF600 brake fluid
Locktite anti seize stick

Jason hooked me up and saved me about 100 dollars on my order. He told me it would take a 1-3 days to get everything together and that I should have everything at my house by no later than the 24th.

on the 24th I still hadn't gotten any kind of tracking notice so I called Jason. It turns out that there was a glitch in their inventory system which showed that they didn't have any speed bleeder bags in stock. Jason thought that they had just gotten some in a couple days earlier so he told me he would take care of it an that it would ship that day or at the latest next tuesday if they did indeed need to order some more speed bleeders.

I got word that the package was going to ship out on the 27th, and that's when i realized that I never ordered the oil that i wanted. So i called Jason on at 11:00am on the 27th to see if he could still add some oil to my order. he hooked me up with some Motul 300v 10w-40 oil. Because of my last minute add on Jason had to put my order through as a gift certificate purchase so that he could add it to my last order. By doing this I didn't have to pay shipping on the oil, even though they shipped it separately because all my other stuff was already packaged up and on the way by the time i called.

My first package showed up on the 29th, everything was there and it was packaged well.

The second package came on March 1st (this was just the gallon of motul oil). Fedex delivered the oil and left it on my door step for some reason (I dont live in the best area of philadelphia, and its not uncommon for people to steal packages that are left at the front door of other people's homes). I was at work all day, but I got an email saying that the oil had been delivered. When i got home late that night there was no box to be found so I called Jason and left him a voice mail about the situation. The next day my neighbor came over and was holding the package in his hand. Thankfully he had grabbed it to prevent someone else from stealing it. By the time all this had happened Jason was already in contact with me again to see if the oil had showed up or if he needed to do a trace with fedex to see what had happened to it.

Overall I'm very happy with my first experiences as a STG customer. Jason was very helpful with everything, and did a great job following up on everything and keeping me informed on what was going on with my stuff.

Anyone considering doing business with STG should call Jason and deal with him. He is a top notch guy, and while my transaction wasn't perfect, it was something that wasn't in his control. Computer/IT issues happen and the important thing to me is that Jason and STG did everything they could to correct the issue immediately. I will be a repeat customer with them in the future.

pics:

Last edited by SuperBrute; 03-03-2012 at 05:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 03:46 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Pictures or it didn't happen... lol jk. Good review man

07 civic hybrid-Gas Saver
08 Tahoe LT- Family SUV
05 BMW 745LI- Weekends
07 White/silver CBR600RR-Sold
08 Konica Minolta CBR600RR-Sold :(
07 White/silver CBR600RR-Sold
09 Red/White CBR600rr- DD
Akrapovic and Hyperflo Comparison
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 03:49 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I didn't read that 25 paragraphed story, but I just ordered up a new helmet today, can't wait to get it!

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 04:05 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03cbr-rider View Post
I didn't read that 25 paragraphed story, but I just ordered up a new helmet today, can't wait to get it!
lol long story short, jason gave me good prices, there was an issue with their inventory system which delayed my order, Jason made sure to fix the issues as fast as possible, and he added something to my order last minute.

Great vendor IMO

which helmet?
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 04:43 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 06:04 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperBrute View Post
lol long story short, jason gave me good prices, there was an issue with their inventory system which delayed my order, Jason made sure to fix the issues as fast as possible, and he added something to my order last minute.

Great vendor IMO

which helmet?
I just read it, sounds like they are great people to deal with. To answer your question, I was deciding between either a shark or a scorpion helmet. The sharks didn't have the right helmet rating and not enough color options. I've always loved the look of the scorpion exo 400 in solid black and the price is unbeatable with scorpion helmets these days. Since it was a good price, I ended up getting the ever clear (EC) silver mirrored visor and the chin aeroskirt accessory piece too.

post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-03-2012, 06:30 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03cbr-rider View Post
I just read it, sounds like they are great people to deal with. To answer your question, I was deciding between either a shark or a scorpion helmet. The sharks didn't have the right helmet rating and not enough color options. I've always loved the look of the scorpion exo 400 in solid black and the price is unbeatable with scorpion helmets these days. Since it was a good price, I ended up getting the ever clear (EC) silver mirrored visor and the chin aeroskirt accessory piece too.

great helmet. I had an exo 400 (which i'm selling at the moment) and i had no real issues with mine. It never got too hot and the ever clear technology works great in them. They are just a little heavy.

I decided to upgrades just because i wanted something that was snell 2010 and the shoei is lighter. I get neck spasms all the time from an accident I had two years ago so i figured that the lighter helmet would help prevent neck fatigue. Plus if F=MA then i guess technically my head would be subject to less force should i ever crash..

i'm sure you'll love the exo 400!
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 01:49 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Thanks for the thread man, it was nice talkin to you and thanks for your patience with that speed bleeder thing.

That Shoei looks SICK with that gold visor. Maybe I'll buy a new Shoei so I can rock a visor like that. Thanks......

Why sell the 400? Just keep it as a spare, it can't be worth that much. I always keep my old helmets around (though I sold my RSR2 Corser white cause it didnt fit well, miss it a lot).
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 02:32 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Where can I get a set of pilot powers for less than 200 shipped :) hint hint Jason lol

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 02:34 AM
World Superbike Racer

off someone's bike that has 2000miles on it?
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 02:40 AM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Is STG the new name your price store? When the hell did that happen?

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 02:49 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
Is STG the new name your price store? When the hell did that happen?
p.s. Ecko this isn't aimed at you

**** son, that was 3 years ago. this entire industry has turned into it. i get people every hour asking what my price is on product, say teknic. i tell them "well it's already 10% off on the website but i can do another 10% off that price for you". ALL THE TIME i get a response: "can you do any better"? WTF man?

usually i just act confused and ask "how come"?
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 03-04-2012, 03:26 AM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
p.s. Ecko this isn't aimed at you

**** son, that was 3 years ago. this entire industry has turned into it. i get people every hour asking what my price is on product, say teknic. i tell them "well it's already 10% off on the website but i can do another 10% off that price for you". ALL THE TIME i get a response: "can you do any better"? WTF man?

usually i just act confused and ask "how come"?
I blame Flo and her damn Progressive Insurance commercials

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page