SportbikeTrackGear is simply the BEST! - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
SportbikeTrackGear is simply the BEST!

I recently purchased an AGV EVO K4 throu Revzilla after sizing them at Cycle gear. I put on a K3 medium at the store and it fit really well!! I decided to use its size as means for buying the k4 online as cycle gear didnt have them . When it got here i noticed it didnt fit right... I took the helmet into cycle gear and tried it on in comparison to the newly arrived k4s they had. When i compared the two they felt different and strangely the same exact helmet with only different graphics, didnt fit exactly the same.

I decided to return the helmet to Revzilla and posted a review about the sizing. I was looking around for my next helmet purchase and messaged Jason here on the forums asking about different deals and my situation with the AGV from Revzilla.

Then i came to a decision about which helmet i was gonna get, so i called Jason at STG. He picked up the phone in a few rings and i told him who i was. He knew exactly who i was and was ready to help me place my new order! I ordered the SHOEI Qwest in a size Small (this time i KNEW the helmet would fit), a dark smoke screen, and a pair of brand new 2012 A* SP2 white/black gloves. These things hadnt even hit the shelves yet, nor where they in the distribution centers!

Jason was awesome and not only did he hook me up with pricing, he did an amazing job with the shipping! He shipped the helmet and face screen separately from the california distribution center THAT DAY at 3 oclock!! AND he shipped the gloves stright from the east coast to my house instead of having to wait for the gloves to get to the distribution centers to fulfill my order! All the shipping was FREE and i got my helmet in less than 24 hours!! Which means he got my order processed and out the door to fed-ex in less than 2 hours!!

Jason is the man and he will hook u up and take care of you like a friend! If you are reading this review to decide on where to buy gear, Sportbiketrackgear.com is where its at!!

call jason! 888-784-4327 Ext: 210

for everyone at SportbikeTrackGear!!!

2003 Red Custom 600rr -- SOLD
2007 White 600rr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 03:25 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
post #3 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 04:00 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
STG is the shizz

-2009 CBR600RR Red/Black "Helen"

post #4 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 04:03 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Whore

Sportbike Track Gear FTMFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rizzo- View Post
TD = track day. Jesus I'm stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullast View Post
cbr604, you're a douche. NOBODY said anything offensive or disrespectful and you come off with blatent ignorance. Don't kill yourself on your bike. Spare the machine. Its obvious you're a wanna be E-Thug. Your mother should have swallowed you.
post #5 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 04:09 PM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Better than all the rest!

post #6 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Friendly Neighborhood Whore

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
Better than all the rest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rizzo- View Post
TD = track day. Jesus I'm stupid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullast View Post
cbr604, you're a douche. NOBODY said anything offensive or disrespectful and you come off with blatent ignorance. Don't kill yourself on your bike. Spare the machine. Its obvious you're a wanna be E-Thug. Your mother should have swallowed you.
post #7 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
hell yeah! Just ordered me some new gear for the track!

<<Click HERE>>
Check out my NEW & Upcoming Company.
Producing and designing gear that you, the rider actually want.

Click HERE
f/s 03 trackbike, sharkskins , chrome rear
& MORE

03rr -FOR SALE
06yzf r6
- NEW
post #8 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 07:56 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Thanks a lot B-Rad. Solid first purchase, i'll talk to you soon about that suit.
post #9 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Thanks a lot B-Rad. Solid first purchase, i'll talk to you soon about that suit.
thanks for the blue A** cant wait till it comes in on Saturday! I'll be back for that lid!

<<Click HERE>>
Check out my NEW & Upcoming Company.
Producing and designing gear that you, the rider actually want.

Click HERE
f/s 03 trackbike, sharkskins , chrome rear
& MORE

03rr -FOR SALE
06yzf r6
- NEW
post #10 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-06-2012, 08:00 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

STG FTW again.

Matte Black & Gold 03 600RR
  • Two Brothers Slip-On
  • VOLT HID Headlights 5000K
  • HID Low Beam Kill Switch
  • Integrated Taillight
  • Flushmount Signals
  • OES Frame Sliders
  • Gold Shorty Levers
  • Gold Reflective Time Attack
  • Solo Cowl
  • Dark Smoke Windscreen
My ReBuild Thread
post #11 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 04:08 AM
Training Wheel Hero

my experience not so goood... with jeff @ sbtg
post #12 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 09:56 AM
World Superbike Racer

interesting, call me if i need to handle something.
post #13 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 10:15 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrkwan View Post
haha, x2.

10char
post #14 of 42 (permalink) Old 03-30-2012, 10:42 AM
World Superbike Racer

same as above, let me know if it's something i need to handle.
post #15 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-09-2012, 03:00 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I have purchased many items from [email protected] and they always provided awesome customer service and product recommendations. +1 for STG!
post #16 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 05:18 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Weird, I feel the opposite about STG.. I ordered a helmet (EXO-1000) and a few items to reach the 150$ shipping criteria... turns out the helmet was too small so I call in to get a new helmet. I then find out I have to wait until they receive my current helmet or PURCHASE another 130$ helmet to get it faster WHILE I return the other one (you know which one I picked).... So now I'm not only out another 130$, but the shipping since it wasn't 150$ AND the 12$ it will cost to return an item they didn't give me a barcode for, to return..

130+12+9+130=281.. All I have to say is, STG is lucky I'm one anxious well-paid 19 year old teenager.

Now some of you guys may think this is all me, and that I'm an idiot for complaining about this.. but I'm pretty heavy into car audio and have done tons of business with companies like Crutchfield and Sonicelectronix (2 day replacements without making separate purchases/2 day shipping free from cali to ohio, and so on) as well as companies like Rockymountainatvmc for my ATV career.. I feel that THOSE companies customer service and return policies make STG's a pretty laughable subject. Bash all you want, at the end of the day this IS the EXPERIENCE section...

Last edited by Ian89; 05-14-2012 at 06:22 AM.
post #17 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 07:41 PM
BOTM Winner 05/15

Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Don't take this wrong in any way, just giving you something to think about...

Say you were selling two helmets, one a large, the other a medium, same price. The person who buys the large contacts you and says it's too big and would like the medium. Are you going to ship the medium before you receive the large? My guess is you're not going to take that person for his/her word. I know of not a single retailer who will ship a replacement product before they get the original.

Sucks that your helmet wasn't the right size, but a little patience would've gone a long way here. Return shipping, even using the USPS would've only taken a day or two, and the same time for STG to return ship the replacement. So it would've only taken 4-5 days total. Your impatience made you buy the replacement and spend the money on the shipping.

Like I said, jsut my $.02. Not bashing you, but you have to look at it from a business perspective.

-Chad

"Logically, any motorcyclist can do 60* of lean. The trick is coming back up again." - Neal Spalding
post #18 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 07:58 PM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
My last helmet I ordered from STG came with the wrong visor that I ordered. Not really the fault of STG as the label on the packaging was labeled wrong. They shipped my new one with a return label for the old one.

I also had a piece on my Knox Handroid break. It was MY fault, I asked Jason to quote me on a new one. Instead he shipped me a replacement free of charge. If you ask me, these guys have solidified why I go to them 1st for all my gear needs. At the end of the day, all I see is a mistake on your end for not choosing the correct size helmet Ian89. Now had the mistake been on their end then I can see why you might be a little impatient.

post #19 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 07:59 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian89 View Post
I then find out I have to wait until they receive my current helmet or PURCHASE another 130$ helmet to get it faster WHILE I return the other one (you know which one I picked)....
Their exchange policy is meant to help speed up the process. Instead of them waiting to receive your helmet to ship out the new one, they charge you for your replacement and as soon as they receive your exchange item they refund it.

Your $130 charge would have been nonexistant. It's only a matter of how quickly you ship them back your helmet.

Your exchange item also is shipped for free, so the fact that you pay to ship your item to them isn't bad at all.

Jake.
2010 Leyla 600RR
post #20 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 10:51 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbr6racr View Post
Don't take this wrong in any way, just giving you something to think about...

Say you were selling two helmets, one a large, the other a medium, same price. The person who buys the large contacts you and says it's too big and would like the medium. Are you going to ship the medium before you receive the large? My guess is you're not going to take that person for his/her word. I know of not a single retailer who will ship a replacement product before they get the original.

Sucks that your helmet wasn't the right size, but a little patience would've gone a long way here. Return shipping, even using the USPS would've only taken a day or two, and the same time for STG to return ship the replacement. So it would've only taken 4-5 days total. Your impatience made you buy the replacement and spend the money on the shipping.

Like I said, jsut my $.02. Not bashing you, but you have to look at it from a business perspective.
I understand perfectly what you are getting at, but they have my information (how else would they refund me?). They could just charge me if I didn't return the helmet. I only say this BECAUSE I do know companies like this, or I wouldn't have mentioned them in my post. I've had numerous replacements from Crutchfield without any extra charge and I just returned my items in whatever I received it in.

I guess I'm just not use to getting my money binded up by a company with goofy policies. I'm sorry to hear that you guys are use to this kimd of stuff, I never should have had to shell out more than the 150$ I spent.

post #21 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-14-2012, 11:00 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I've ordered a bell shattered helmet from Andrew a month ago and when it arrived at customs, it got sent back to USA (I'm from Canada). I had it sent back to me again and paid for shipping twice (70 usd total).

Again it got sent back to STG. I'm not sure what the issue is and if customs is just denying everything. I never had this issue with previous items items that I've orders.

So be careful for those who are from Canada ordering.
post #22 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 01:41 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVasa View Post
Your exchange item also is shipped for free, so the fact that you pay to ship your item to them isn't bad at all.
This is false. Can you read?

post #23 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-15-2012, 02:06 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrkwan View Post
I've dealt with Jeff, and while it wasn't a completely smooth transaction, it went through pretty well and he was really helpful.

My experience was a purchase/return.

But I've bought stuff from them before, never through Jason (which I think I need to start doing) and have had nothing but good experiences.

And...on a side note, I've ordered stuff from Revzilla too and have had absolutely no problems with them either.

‎"Any man who may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." -JFK

----
"You live more for five minutes going fast on a bike like that than other people do in all of their life." - Marco Simoncelli

--
SuperMoto ------------------- SuperSport

Does it get any better? Probably not.
post #24 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-16-2012, 10:40 PM
Training Wheel Hero

A+++++ experience with Jason @ STG for me. I ordered a Shoei RF-1100 helmet from him on Monday and it came in today! The helmet fit perfectly! I was very impressed with the fast shipping and amazing price Jason was able to offer me. He also gave me some advice on jacket sizing for a future purchase. I recommend that EVERYONE should use Jason for future purchases! I definitely will be calling him in a few months when I am ready to order my jacket. Thanks again Jason!

-Adam
post #25 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 07:20 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
This is false. Can you read?
Ive made two exchanges with Jason for helmets, both were shipped free. I only paid to ship my helmet to them.

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free

Jake.
2010 Leyla 600RR
post #26 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 11:22 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Weird, I feel the opposite about STG.. I ordered a helmet (EXO-1000) and a few items to reach the 150$ shipping criteria... turns out the helmet was too small so I call in to get a new helmet. I then find out I have to wait until they receive my current helmet or PURCHASE another 130$ helmet to get it faster WHILE I return the other one (you know which one I picked).... So now I'm not only out another 130$, but the shipping since it wasn't 150$ AND the 12$ it will cost to return an item they didn't give me a barcode for, to return..

130+12+9+130=281.. All I have to say is, STG is lucky I'm one anxious well-paid 19 year old teenager.

Now some of you guys may think this is all me, and that I'm an idiot for complaining about this.. but I'm pretty heavy into car audio and have done tons of business with companies like Crutchfield and Sonicelectronix (2 day replacements without making separate purchases/2 day shipping free from cali to ohio, and so on) as well as companies like Rockymountainatvmc for my ATV career.. I feel that THOSE companies customer service and return policies make STG's a pretty laughable subject. Bash all you want, at the end of the day this IS the EXPERIENCE section...
Sorry you're having a problem with this process. Let me point out a couple things. First is that this helmet was originally $300+ and we sold it for $124.95. as you can imagine there isn't a ton of room for covering any shipping charges in the event that the customer orders the wrong size. you quoted something about car audio companies having different shipping/customer service policies. if you paid retail for that helmet i'd ship it wherever you wanted. I made about $20 on that helmet you bought, i just dont know what you expect.

second response below

Quote:
I understand perfectly what you are getting at, but they have my information (how else would they refund me?). They could just charge me if I didn't return the helmet. I only say this BECAUSE I do know companies like this, or I wouldn't have mentioned them in my post. I've had numerous replacements from Crutchfield without any extra charge and I just returned my items in whatever I received it in.

I guess I'm just not use to getting my money binded up by a company with goofy policies. I'm sorry to hear that you guys are use to this kimd of stuff, I never should have had to shell out more than the 150$ I spent.
second, it's not a goofy policy. this is a business and we have rules for the sales guys. i'm not just going to TRUST that you'll send the other helmet back and have two lids out there with one payment.

let me also point out that i pay almost 3% to charge you and refund you for that second lid. our policy speeds things up for YOU and it's a courtesy on our part of doing it that way. i'd be more than happy to wait for your first size to get all the way here before i ship you the second one so that i dont have to eat the $6.

bottom line, i'm sorry you're not happy about our exchange policy but at the end of the day you got a $350 helmet for $150ish. i wish the sizing would have been perfect the first time, that's the danger of not being able to try something on in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightshade View Post
I've bought stuff from them before, never through Jason (which I think I need to start doing) and have had nothing but good experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by acollins789 View Post
A+++++ experience with Jason @ STG for me. I ordered a Shoei RF-1100 helmet from him on Monday and it came in today! The helmet fit perfectly! I was very impressed with the fast shipping and amazing price Jason was able to offer me. He also gave me some advice on jacket sizing for a future purchase. I recommend that EVERYONE should use Jason for future purchases! I definitely will be calling him in a few months when I am ready to order my jacket. Thanks again Jason!

-Adam
Thanks Adam, can't win them all though

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGVasa View Post
Ive made two exchanges with Jason for helmets, both were shipped free. I only paid to ship my helmet to them.
word......

that's because your stuff was more than $150 though and it wasn't mega-blowout-closeout-break even pricing.

about time for you to order more crap, no?
post #27 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 12:56 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Resisting the urge to flame that kid.... breathe.... you da man jason

Rip phaty
2009 cbr 600rr phoenix
Leo Vince slip on
Sportbikelites fender elim
Gregg's LED Flushmounts
Puig Dark Smoke Racing Windscreen

My facebook
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000616620793

My phoenix thread
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=196680
post #28 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-17-2012, 01:47 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post

about time for you to order more crap, no?
Tried calling you today! Looking into some boots and gloves

Jake.
2010 Leyla 600RR
post #29 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-27-2012, 12:37 AM
Training Wheel Hero

STG def is a 1 stop shop for me I am a big time deal shopper and STG def wins and can't beat the customer service

Sent from my iPhone using MO Free
post #30 of 42 (permalink) Old 05-31-2012, 01:44 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
talked to Jason today to order some A* SMX + boots, a knox back protector and rs taichi chest protector. this man is super busy cuz everyone knows he is the go-to-guy for all our moto needs.

im in Greece so i had to call him via skype. had a dreadful connection and the call was dropped multiple times. Jason was more than willing to help me out and hooked me up on the price of the boots. spent a good amount of time clearing everything up that i had questions about.

Awesome customer service! Jason FTW!
The Following User Says Thank You to gveliopoulos For This Useful Post:
dtyndall (01-08-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page