Ddm tuning hid warranty / cusotmer service - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 01:52 PM Thread Starter
BOTM Winner 1/13

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Arrow Ddm tuning hid warranty / cusotmer service

Alright fellas, so we all know about DDM hids, some hate the glazing of it, some don't, great hid kit for their price IMO....lots of review on their kits and comparisons out there. here is my opinion of DDM, i think for the price of the hid kit, its was worth it and they worked great, when it first failed. I was like ..ok no biggy, it has been lots of miles . maybe it just normal wear and life on these. but after less that 2-300 miles on the new kit and suddenly the fail. i was very unsatisfied ... the first kit, the ballasts had "DDM" imprinted on them. this new kit was just plain slim, i wonder if they might had switch or did something else..also. the high beam bulb on the first kit that fail was STILL working. i' ve tested with the new ballast, it came on and power full blast instantly. so now we know the issue lies in the ballast

DDM TUNING

Story--

well this season my first kit finally die after 1 year or so, roughly about 20k miles on them,not only the high beam ballast fail.

Not knowing they offer "lifetime warranty"...i ordered myself another H7 kit,55w- 5000k.

yack after less than a week..KABOOM the ballast die. both of them WTF..

well finally today i've file my warranty claim to them via email...
I am hoping they will replace the parts at no charge.

So this thread will not be a full review yet, rather a live one , lets see how good DDM Tuning' services and warranty is...

in the meanwhile, if you had have any experience with DDM'S service or warranty, go ahead an add on to his thread. Below are are pics of my first set; 55w, 5000k .bright white !!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Day 1 (Dec 14th 12)- RMA/warranty file via email to DDM...now waiting for response.
they said expect 2-3 business days.. fair enough

---

My Ride Report :

-Alaska,The Last Frontier

-
Quote:
Originally Posted by crash a-ron View Post

"To travel by motorcycle there are 3 things- youth, time, and money. You only get 2. Pick wisely."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 02:09 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I had a set for a long time and sold them to a buddy. they are still kicking on his bike they are almost 2 years old in total and his bike stays outside.

I picked this set up local though. And idk if they normally ship from China. May or may not Be the same.

" insert clever quote here"
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-14-2012, 02:19 PM Thread Starter
BOTM Winner 1/13

yeah my bike was store outside cold too, years play a fator, but miles and operation hours definitively will show how long they will last

My Ride Report :

-
Quote:

"To travel by motorcycle there are 3 things- youth, time, and money. You only get 2. Pick wisely."

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 03:14 AM Thread Starter
BOTM Winner 1/13

Arrow

update:

looking great so far, i will take the faulty ballast and go double check it again, then i'll ship it in.

Dec. 15th-2012- Received email from DDM

email 1

----Hello,
Thank you for the email and your DDM Tuning purchase. We're sorry that your HIDs aren't working properly.
For a problem affecting one side, please swap either the bulbs or the ballasts from one side to the other to see if the issue will follow one component.
Ideally, you want to see the problem transfer from one side to the other when you move one (and only one) component. That will establish that the part that was moved is the source of the problem. Once you determine that you have a faulty bulb or a faulty ballast, please post a reply to this ticket with the results of your trouble shooting.
If the problem you are experiencing is affecting both sides of the HID kit then the problem is likely due to a problem with something that is common to both sides of the HID kit. Possibilities are a High/Low Relay Harness, an HID Kit Relay Harness or a compatibility issue with the vehicle.
If you have an HID Kit Relay harness installed for a low beam kit, or a high beam kit, or a fog light kit, then please bypass the HID Kit Relay harness and determine if the problem disappears. If it does, please let us know that you have a warranty claim for the HID Kit Relay Harness.
If you have a High/Low Relay Harness and the problem affects both sides at the same time, please check (1) the in-line fuse of the harness, (2) the power lead contact to the battery and (3) the condition of the control box in the center of the harness. You may be able to repair the source of the problem. If not, please let us know that you have a warranty claim for the High/Low Relay Harness. Please note that corrosion is not covered by our warranty.
If you don't have a Relay Harness and both sides are having the exact same problem, you likely need a Relay Harness or Error Code Eliminators. You can check our Online Support Center for more information or give us a call.
We are asking you to do this trouble-shooting so that we can correct the problem as efficiently as possible and so that you don't end up paying extra shipping and handling fees for shipping to us functional product(s).
In general, our warranty procedure is for the defective merchandise to be shipped to us; we then send replacements.
Please let us know the results of your trouble shooting by posting a reply to this ticket or by creating a new ticket. If you would like to discuss the particulars of the situation, you can give us a call.
We look forward to getting your HIDs up and running again soon!
Thank you,

Email 2

----Dear Customer,
Please send us the defective items,we will warranty them for you:
Thank you for contacting us about the difficulty you are experiencing with one of our products. We apologize for these troubles and look forward to providing you with the needed replacement parts so you can enjoy your DDM Tuning products as soon as possible.
***HOW TO REPLY TO THIS EMAIL***
To reply to this email, you MUST log in to our Support Center, which may require using the temporary password that will be sent as an "auto-reply". Replying from your "regular" email will not be successful. The link to the Support Center is: https://www.ddmtuning.com/support/ .
***TROUBLE-SHOOTING***
If you haven't already done so, before returning any parts, please trouble-shoot the problem to identify the part that is responsible for the problem. This usually involves swapping the bulbs or ballasts from side to side to determine if the problem tracks with the bulb or the ballast.
***WARRANTY POLICY***
We test the returned parts. All returned parts that prove to be functional will be returned to the customer at the customer's expense (this includes shipping and handling costs). The costs for those returns is noted below. For additional information regarding our Warranty and Return Policy, please visit our website: http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...=return_policy . Thank you very much for your cooperation.
***SPECIAL NOTE REGARDING BULBS and BALLASTS and LIGHT ASSEMBLIES***
If you are returning a faulty bulb, only ship the defective bulb.
For High/Low Bulbs, please keep the High/Low harness if the harness is functional. If the High/Low harness is defective, please return the harness.
For High/Low Bulbs, if the bulbs are functional and the High/Low harness is defective, please return only the High/Low harness.
If you are returning a faulty ballast, please return ONLY the defective ballast. Please note that the Slim Raptor Ballast HID Kits sold in 2009 (the ballasts are silver and about 0.5" thick) only had a one year warranty and are no longer covered under warranty. The Full Size Raptor Ballast HID Kits have a lifetime warranty (ballasts are silver and about 1" thick).
Unless otherwise specifically authorized by DDM Tuning, please do NOT return the following items: functional ballasts, functional bulbs, the adapter wires that connect the stock wiring to the ballast, and HID accessory wiring harnesses. If you are unsure as to what to return, we will be happy to advise you further.
For wiring harnesses, before shipping for a warranty claim, please confirm that the control box (for a H/L harness) and relay (for an accessory HID harness) is not corroded. Corrosion is not covered under the warranty.
If you are returning tail lights or headlights, please return only the part that needs to be replaced. Please keep the functional portion(s).
***TESTING AND RETURN SHIPPING COSTS***
Everything Returned is Defective: No Charge
Everything Returned is Functional:
Domestic Shipping: $7.50
Functional Item Testing Fee: (+) $2.50 ea item
Mix of Functional and Defective:
Functional Item Testing Fee: (+) $2.50 ea item

***INTERNATIONAL WARRANTY EXCHANGE***
If you reside outside of the United States then we mistakenly sent you the instructions for a domestic warranty exchange. For international warranty exchanges, we do not cover the cost of shipping. Please let us know we made a clerical error and we will provide you the correct shipping cost information.

My Ride Report :

-
Quote:

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-16-2012, 08:54 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
glad they are keeping their warranty backed up. ive heard problems with their warranty before. might be different now
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-17-2012, 02:21 PM Thread Starter
BOTM Winner 1/13

update:

Dec 17th- Ballast ship via usps priority mail.

My Ride Report :

-
Quote:

post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-21-2012, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
BOTM Winner 1/13

Talking

Dec 21st, 2012 :

Update: wow so far I'm please with DDM's service. They'll be shipping me a new one soon. And honestly I didn't went and tested the ballast before shipping it in, I KNEW it was a defected one; it just kept blowing up my 20 amp fuse during the summer.

Email from DDM:

Hi Nu,

We have received your ballast.
Your ballast tested defective.
We will replacing your ballast under warranty.
Once your package has been shipped, you will receive an email with tracking #.
If you have any questions please give us a call at 858-633-2020 and ask to speak with Customer Service.

Dec 23,2012 :

Email with tracking number from DDM. 7-10 business day.

My Ride Report :

-
Quote:

Last edited by Nuttynu; 12-23-2012 at 10:21 AM.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 03:15 PM Thread Starter
BOTM Winner 1/13

Exclamation

UPDATE:
So far so good, shall be here by end of next week..

Dec 30th---
Tracking status --

Your item has been processed through our sort facility in ISC SAN FRANCISCO (USPS) at 6:47 pm on December 28, 2012.

-Origin Post is Preparing Shipment
-Processed Through Sort Facility, December 25, 2012, 7:14 pm, SUZHOU, CHINA PEOPLES REP
-Acceptance, December 24, 2012, 8:46 am, CHINA PEOPLES REP

My Ride Report :

-
Quote:

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 04:13 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Thumbs down

At first i was very pleased but later it turned out their product is a junk. I'm glad they are aware of it and at least they are doing something to fix it.

I got 3 kits from them, one low/hi for my bike and two kits for my car (all with problems now)
All three are 55W skinny ballasts

I called the phone number and was told to go online and create a "ticket" which i did. One month later no response and i was also checking my junk folder. I called them again and they blamed it on Google Chrome. They fixed something and i got an email response from them within a few minutes.

They also asked me to troubleshoot and find out if it's the ballast or bulbs. It turns out it was a bad bulb which caused the flickering but before i had a chance to send it back a different problem occurs. Left side on my car would not come on so i shut it off and turn on again and it works fine. The same thing happened on the right side next day and now it started with low beam on my bike as well. I have to shut it off and turn it back on a few times and then it works fine.

Not sure if i have energy to mess with warranties on all three kits and painful process of replacement on my car...I'll probably just buy something else...

DDM = very bad quality (with three different kits it's not possible that i'm just unlucky)

Would no longer recommend to a friend

Do what you like, like what you do. LIFE IS GOOD
The Following User Says Thank You to Fly_Killer For This Useful Post:
Nuttynu (12-31-2012)
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-30-2012, 04:21 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

...i should probably add that they were very friendly on the phone. Also they said if i send the product back and it doesn't test defective that i'd be responsible for shipping back. 55W ballasts come from China and they said about two weeks for shipping to AZ.

post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 02:19 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I got a kit from them 4 years ago and my lights are still kicking as they did on day 1 . couple of times they did flicker but they haven't quit yet .

Specializing in Motorcycle Graphics - ATV Graphics

Custom Motorcycle Graphics www.KrazyGraphics.com

Check out my website @ https://www.KrazyGraphics.com

Like the FaceBook Page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/KrazyG...36983032993883
The Following User Says Thank You to KrazyGraphics For This Useful Post:
Nuttynu (12-31-2012)
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-31-2012, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
BOTM Winner 1/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly_Killer View Post
...i should probably add that they were very friendly on the phone. Also they said if i send the product back and it doesn't test defective that i'd be responsible for shipping back. 55W ballasts come from China and they said about two weeks for shipping to AZ.
Dude, send yours end and let them replace them.

You may just had a bad batch .

I got 55w on my car for the high beam. And so far so good. Much much difference.

My Ride Report :

-
Quote:

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-02-2013, 03:27 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Maybe i should ask if they would let me switch to 35W ballasts. Looks like most of the people that are having problems actually have 55W...Not sure

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
BOTM Winner 1/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly_Killer View Post
Maybe i should ask if they would let me switch to 35W ballasts. Looks like most of the people that are having problems actually have 55W...Not sure
i'm sure theyll let you, idk i been fine with the 55w.

still waiting on the ballast. shall be here or by next week

My Ride Report :

-
Quote:

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 02:25 PM Thread Starter
BOTM Winner 1/13

update

Jan 4th--
Product arrived in the mail this morning. Will installed and check it out .

My Ride Report :

-
Quote:

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 02:31 PM
Lifetime Premium

I just emailed them because I need a new ballast......well see what happenes....and I have the 35w

Sent from my ADR6400L using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 02:41 PM Thread Starter
BOTM Winner 1/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by PropinNDropin View Post
I just emailed them because I need a new ballast......well see what happenes....and I have the 35w

You should go thru the same steps as I did.. As long as u have a order receipt & the ballasts are defected. They'll replace it.

My Ride Report :

-
Quote:

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 02:55 PM
Banned

I have a similar problem with DDM after one month. Low beam works fine. High beams would only power on if the bike is off. With the bike on, high beams would flick and then shuts off. I wonder if this is a bulb or ballast issue.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 04:55 PM Thread Starter
BOTM Winner 1/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizzle View Post
I have a similar problem with DDM after one month. Low beam works fine. High beams would only power on if the bike is off. With the bike on, high beams would flick and then shuts off. I wonder if this is a bulb or ballast issue.
What?.. So if the key is on , but bit start yet, the high beam would work, but when the bikes running the issue happens,?

Hmm sounds like it might be a bad ballasts . You can trouble shoot by, using the low beams ballast which suppose to be good and put that on the high. If it stops , then yes u have a bad ballast

My Ride Report :

-
Quote:

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-04-2013, 07:32 PM
Lifetime Premium

Yeah, I switched my ballasts and the opposite light came on so I know its that, if your high still acts up with a ballast swap, then its the bulb

post #21 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 02:34 AM Thread Starter
BOTM Winner 1/13

Talking

update !!

installed the new ballasts today and it works fine.

ballast installed at mile 34,700 on the bike's clock.

ill be keeping track of its life.

all in all , i just want to say i am very please with this whole transaction and how DDM handle their warranty policies. thumbs up !!

My Ride Report :

-
Quote:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page