Does anyone know if Brian (BrowningBuck) warranties his batteries? - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 02:44 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Does anyone know if Brian (BrowningBuck) warranties his batteries?

Just wondering if anyone knows or has had any experience with this. Your responses are appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 02:50 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
He got the policy listed on his web site

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 02:56 PM
Back in the Day

copy and pasted from another thread

First of all WOW!!!

I understand the OP is frustrated at the ordeal, so ill try not to take the comments too personally.

lets start with the facts, the bike has some issues. possibly electrical issues being it was hooked up to a car to attempt to start it and physical damage through out. I apologize if that comes off a bit strong, but ive worked hard for the past 7-8 years to build a reputable business that is know through the internet to have flawless quality and customer service.

being you are new to the hobby, id be more than happy to explain what these batteries are. They are a performance modification to the oem system that shed 7 lbs and provides 63% more cranking power. being its a performance part it has a certain down side, it will not tolerate over/ under charging. this is explained in the 1 year warranty

now thats out of the way lets now talk about warranties there are a few manufacturers out there that offer longer warranties, but you need to read the fine print. i could put LIFETIME WARRANTY with the fine print other people have on their stuff. the fine print gives them a way out, if the battery has ever been discharged below 10V the warranty is void (obviously if you battery is dead the voltage is below 10V thats right off the bat a out of warranty battery), then they require you to buy THEIR charger other wise instantly warranty voided... the list goes on and on. the reality is our warranty covers workmanship of the battery. If the battery has something break, or a connection is lost or something of that nature anyone of the companies out there will provide you a replacement (even out side of their warranty period)(this is because we very seldom have an issue like this)

anyway i feel bad you didnt get what you thought you bought, MOTYDesign.com has no control over that. I hope that you understand blaming us shouldnt be your knee jerk reaction. Buyer beware when purchasing a used bike, going online and ridiculing us isnt fair, we would be curious why you arent blaming Honda because it didnt start. Its really neither of our fault, a piece of equipment can only do so much and expecting a warranty to take care of this seems a bit naive. So please understand that your comments have a HUGE impact on our company which we feel we did nothing to warrant them. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us.
Brian Harris
Owner of MOTYDesign.com.

Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

Last edited by Moeman; 01-03-2013 at 02:59 PM.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Thanks for the quick response Moe, I can't find any info on the battery warranty on the site, and when I searched all I found was that there is a lifetime warranty on gauges. Also (assuming since its holiday season) I haven't gotten in touch with Brian and I'm trying to make a quick decision.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 01-03-2013, 03:39 PM
Back in the Day

My pleasure man just pm him for questions he is a great guy and will response promptly

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page