Motomummy - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 04:53 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Motomummy

I've noticed a few bad reviews of our neighborhood vendors as of late and I figure I'll jump in and share a wonderful experience.

I've ordered a chain and sprocket kit from them in the past and had no issues at all. Very smooth and clear.

This time, I ordered a set of preload adjusters on the afternoon of 8th of January (almost end of business for Texas) and received the package on the 11th of January. Very fast.

It turns out that I received a set of block off plates, which I am by no means upset about. Mistakes happen every day.

I contacted Motomummy right away that evening and when I woke up I had an email from Erin giving me a return label and stating to shoot it back and they'll send out the preload adjusters once they receive it. Great customer service. Short, simple and a solution.

I take my time sending it back, because well, I just didn't make the time. I sent the package back on the following Friday, the 18th.

Once they received the block off plates, I got an email from Erin again stating they received them and have sent out the preload adjusters and included a tracking number for them. She replied to the same email chain so it was all nice and easy to follow. The little things make a big difference.

Overall, situations like this only make me want to go back more and more. When issues happen(and they always do), it sure is nice to know that there are vendors that take care of their customers.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime.
The Following User Says Thank You to Gashuffer For This Useful Post:
FlipDiver79 (01-26-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 05:03 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Motomummy

Gotta love mummy I'm about to take the leap and buy some blue spiegler brake and clutch lines.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 05:12 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 1,167 Times in 990 Posts
I've had nothing but good experiences dealing with Corey and his team at Motomummy. Just this week I ordered a set of Woodcraft frame sliders to replace the cheap ebay specials that the previous owner of my bike installed. A few days went by and my order was still "processing". I shot off an email to Motomummy seeing what was up, and they informed me that they were out of stock but they should get them sometime this week and send them out. Great service from them and I've ordered new tires, chain, sprockets and I think a few other things from them.

2006 Honda CBR600RR Black Tribal Edition
2W1R - IceTitan

post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 05:27 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Motomummy

motomummy!!

Drift Camera Forum - http://driftcamforum.com/
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 06:20 PM
Administrator

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,047 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I don't think I've seen a bad review on Motomummy... and from my personal experience with them it's entirely deserved!

I ordered a bunch of bits and pieces from the quite some time ago, what I remember of the transaction is them contacting me to let me know that they were out of stock on the +2 sprocket and would I like to wait, or I could have the +1 sprocket instead (which I did)... being that I'm on the other side of the world it's a bit hard to talk in real time so that discussion took a couple of days.

All up the shipping time was around the two week mark, but I distinctly remember that it left motomummy on the same day I told them that +1 was fine, so they had the order for maybe 3 days at most.

Very easy to deal with, and I wouldn't hesitate to use them again.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 06:25 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Motomummy

Never had a bad experience with them. My first transaction was my chain and sprocket kit plus a few other bits of things. I ordered the RK red chain and it even 15 minutes after my order went in I got an email from Corey telling me that a lot of people have been sending the red RK back because they looked pink and if I wanted to get the red EK instead. Great customer service. Fast shipping. Ill definitely be shopping with them again.

2004 600 RR
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 07:22 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Re: Motomummy

I'm with everyone else with nothing but good things to say about motomummy. I've purchased speedo drd, sprocket conversion, small accessories and also some preloaded adjusters from them. Shipping was faster than most and never had an issue of receiving wrong parts of

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Motorcycle.com Free App

.......I've got stuff on my bike.......
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 07:53 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I spent a few thousand with Motomummy over the last two years and I've never been disappointed.

The only time my order took long is when I ordered the 1CarbonTech parts for my GSX-R as they are made to order.

The best prices around and great service all around.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-26-2013, 08:05 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Agree with Nico, a bad review of motomummy?

They prob my fav seller out there!

----------------
600rr 11
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Motomummy

Yup, motomummy does a standup job. I just wish these preload adjusters I got from them made it easy enough to change my preload by hand....lol. I have to strain to get it to spin even a little bit.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime.
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 10:25 PM
BOTM Winner 07/16

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I think the bad reviews that you heard recently is probably due to the recent issue they had with USPS for orders that were shipped around the beginning of December 2012.

There were a number of orders including mine that were "lost" by USPS. Entirely not Motomummy's fault and they actually kept me informed of the progress and even offered to resend my order (~$600)

But luckily in the end USPS got their act together and found the container filled with Motomummy orders and all is well.
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 12:03 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Re: Motomummy

Recently shipped using fedex it was a breeze. Free tracking number, super fast shipping and good prices.
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 12:10 AM
VP of Metal Operations

Feedback Score: 33 reviews
Motomummy has been awesome everytime and actually Ive received my items in less than a week.

"You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist."
-Friedrich Nietzsche

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 12:34 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Good to hear, I just ordered a chain and sproket kit from them. I wish I had gotten a silver sproket but I'm not really all about looks and more about longevity.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 01:19 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
digdah: The only silver sprockets out there are bare alum which we won't sell as it's just too soft. The other option is bare steel and all of the superlight steel sprockets are designed to be "high end" so they are drilled to drop weight and then coated in black. If there were a good quality superlight steel out there in silver we would pick it up, but there just isn't right now.

Thanks for the comments guys. We give it our all every day and THANK YOU guys! Without you guys we wouldn't be where we are today.
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-30-2013, 01:21 AM
World Superbike Racer

Crazy enough not one person from that batch posted anything. We were hoping they wouldn't and we have dozens and dozens of hours logged dealing with USPS on that. Most were to Australia/New Zealand and there were a lot of packages. Sad thing? Over 1,000 packages were in that container that was put away thinking it was empty. It was early Dec so I bet 98% of those were Christmas presents :( Glad they finally came through and we did our best to update you guys. Thank you for your patience

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinonz View Post
I think the bad reviews that you heard recently is probably due to the recent issue they had with USPS for orders that were shipped around the beginning of December 2012.

There were a number of orders including mine that were "lost" by USPS. Entirely not Motomummy's fault and they actually kept me informed of the progress and even offered to resend my order (~$600)

But luckily in the end USPS got their act together and found the container filled with Motomummy orders and all is well.
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 01:18 AM
Moto GP Racer

I hate motomummy so much .......so much. Because I still don't know if I will be able to order from them in the future or not!!! Put Kuwait in the list already

2011 CBR600RR 'X-Ray' Build Thread
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=294795

Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 01:42 AM
Knee Dragger

Motomummy

Can't wait to order my chain set from moto mummy!

post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 04:50 AM
BOTM Winner 07/16

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomummy View Post
Crazy enough not one person from that batch posted anything. We were hoping they wouldn't and we have dozens and dozens of hours logged dealing with USPS on that. Most were to Australia/New Zealand and there were a lot of packages. Sad thing? Over 1,000 packages were in that container that was put away thinking it was empty. It was early Dec so I bet 98% of those were Christmas presents :( Glad they finally came through and we did our best to update you guys. Thank you for your patience
Oh btw, the rearsets have arrived and installed.

And let me say I'm glad I stuck with it; the build quality of the Sato rearsets is just out of this world. They are very nice.
Sits a bit higher than the Vortex which is perfect.

The Vortex was much easier to install tho (less parts and left and right were separated nicely)

Again thanks for the patience and I'm sure it must have been very frustrating for you guys dealing with USPS.

Now I need to order more parts...
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 05:52 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomummy View Post
Lol, I remember ordering some kit from you guys last year and the day after you posted it, a fringing cyclone hit the US...

I will let ppl know in advance before I order again, that way you can put out a nationwide alert or something or at the very least stock up on food/water/etc.

----------------
600rr 11
post #21 of 35 (permalink) Old 01-31-2013, 11:51 AM
World Superbike Racer

lol silentsun.
post #22 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-01-2013, 06:00 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Nothing but good things to say here about Motomummy.
post #23 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-02-2013, 01:27 AM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 1,167 Times in 990 Posts
Motomummy

Been waiting for my Woodcraft frame sliders for almost 2 weeks :( it's ok though because its not Corey and his teams fault. There's still a bunch of snow here and will be at least a month till I'm out riding. Love me some Motomummy!!

2006 Honda CBR600RR Black Tribal Edition
2W1R - IceTitan
post #24 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-08-2013, 10:29 PM
Knee Dragger

i am ordering all of my mods from them cause there is no bs there if its not in stock they email me and send it has so has they get it. so i say thank you to motomummy for the great service and fast shipping
post #25 of 35 (permalink) Old 02-09-2013, 10:00 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i've got nothing but good things to say about them. ordered chain and sprockets a week before going to jennings gp. They immediately emailed me saying that the chain was out of stock and would take 2 weeks to get it to me, but also said which ones they have in stock. I responded saying i needed the stuff asap and told them to send me a chain they have in stock. I recieved it in 2-3 days and that was that. GREAT JOB MOTOMUMMY! that wasn't me first time ordering from them and it won't be my last

'08 GRAFFITI
post #26 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 07:44 PM
Training Wheel Hero

First experience with Motomummy getting a few things including the AWESOME deal on some spieglers, they(spiegler) took alittle longer then I might have thought but one quick email too them and BOOM out the door it was.Super quick response from Corey and i'm very happy with the overall experince. I've made my home page motomummy.......bad things are going to happen.
post #27 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 07:52 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Same as everyone else, I've ordered numerous parts/supplies & nothing but positive experiences for my '09 & now my '07. From S20s at a great price & quick delivery, to C3 tank grips (for both bikes), grips etc. Will be ordering from again... Thanks Corey!

Cheers!

'07 600RR Pearl White - Akra SO - Akra CF hugger & heatshield, CF front fender, tank panels - S2K dual proj HIDs w/ PIAA 6000K D2S - ASV levers - Galfer F/R wave rotors/pads - Spiegler SS lines - MOTY gauge LEDs - Puig DB - Watsen flush mounts - Tripage IT & FE/LED bracket, flasher relay - TechSpec C3 tank grips - Black PC pegs - Reflective shadow wing graphics - custom reflective rim tape - Luimoto F/R custom seats - Driven Ltd Ed White D3 grips - Rizoma Prototype Mirrors - Res socks - S20s
post #28 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 07:54 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Motomummy

Got my S20's in today from motomummy. another zero hassle transaction.

Drift Camera Forum - http://driftcamforum.com/
post #29 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 08:11 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
Got the 520 kit I order fairly quick. Havent installed it or open the box yet. But I assume its all there. LOL.

Tooo damn lazy!

<<Click HERE>>
Check out my NEW & Upcoming Company.
Producing and designing gear that you, the rider actually want.

Click HERE
f/s 03 trackbike, sharkskins , chrome rear
& MORE

03rr -FOR SALE
06yzf r6
- NEW
post #30 of 35 (permalink) Old 03-05-2013, 08:47 PM
World Superbike Racer

Thanks for the good comments guys :)

str8lurking: We stock a ton of chain kits to keep our chain kit shipping times quick. In fact this time of year we are getting sprockets/chains in daily now.

Post up a pic after you get it installed.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page