Moto GP Racer
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Under Consideration
Thanked 902 Times in 790 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Another Not So Great Experience ** Vendor resolved the issues **
Looks like I'm the new poster child for shitty experiences with vendors, not that I'm the only one but two straight experiences like this is just too much. Lets also note that I dealt with Tripage, GB Racing, R&G Racing, HEL Lines and Evotech Performance with no trouble at all. (HEL just had a problem with its distributor but rectified it instantly)
I will simplify the description of this one, because I really am boiling right now:
1) You wire some money to a vendor for a helmet.
2) Shortly after you discover your chain is messed up and will need replacing very soon.
3) You tell the vendor to forget the helmet because there are more important parts to order as a result. Vendor says OK.
4) Ask for prices from vendor for a number of products so I can choose some to equate the value of the money I wired.
5) After many messages going back and forth, I was fixated on 2 specific products, one of which turns out can't be shipped outside the US so after a lot of research and negotiations, the effort for that product goes out the window.
6) Finally after getting some prices I ask for a reduction with some products and am told there is no room for play at all and these are FORUM prices. Trusting the reputation of the vendor I say OK but still elect to do some research before absolutely finalizing the order.
7) I discover that I'm quoted 134 bucks for a product that is LISTED not forum quoted for 70.......
8) I discover that there are 2 versions of a product, one for 139.99 and another for 159.99. The latter is easier to install. These aforementioned prices are again LISTED not forum quoted. Guess what.......I am quoted a price of 165 for the cheaper version of the product and audaciously told that there is no room for play on it. To include everything, another product is listed at 74, and I was quoted 80.
I just sent them an email and awaiting a reply.
EDIT: Lets also keep in mind that the money is in their bank account accruing interest while I sit here waiting with nothing to show for yet.
There really needs to be some sort of way international buyers can be protected. Every purchase must be documented on here to ensure we get fair prices and fair treatment.
Last edited by Rad Rage; 02-07-2013 at 03:18 AM.