LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 04:09 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs up Jason @ STG is like Santa Claus

First off let me start with this -->

Jason at STG is like Santa Claus!

The story:
The RF1100 had been in my sights since I first started riding back in 2010. I finally decided that this would be the year to treat myself but didn't expect to get it this early.

My girlfriend recently brought up that she wanted to take up motorcycle riding as a hobby. Up until that point I had never pushed it on her and she had ridden with me a few times. Unsurprisingly, she got the excitement bug and started reading up on all sorts of reviews and asking for advice. Thankfully I was able to share some of the best advice thanks to the info on 600rr.net to debunk any bad advice she was getting from her friends or coworkers. She has been unable to take the class yet because of her unpredictaable work schedule but now she will be able to ride with me.

She began doing research on helmets and I told her the RF1100 was a good helmet that would fit her head shape best. She was buying her own RF1100 and buying mine as a birthday present .

Here is where Jason comes in:
I reached out to Jason a couple weeks ago to get pricing. I had previously ordered my SMX+ boots from him and my brother bought his Alpinestar jacket from him (awesome experience then too!)

We finally got around to giving Jason a call yesterday afternoon at around 3pm and didn't expect to get our helmets until a couple days from now (Monday was my realistic arrival date). This morning I woke up and started working on a couple client projects and got a text from my gf asking if I had gotten the helmets yet. I replied, "No... aren't they coming in a couple of days? Do you have the tracking info?" and she replies that they show up as having been delivered already.

Sudden excitement comes over me. Is it possible that they are already outside my door? I walk downstairs feeling like a little boy at christmas. THERE IS A HUGE BOX!

Talk about great service and FAST delivery!

Thanks Jason!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 04:34 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
His and Hers helmets. Haha, congrats! Glad you're pushing her in the right direction with the class and all. Gear comes first, before all the modding and stuff.

Ride as if there is a tomorrow to live for.

FS: Dainese Wave V1 Neck Armor Jacket

FS: Dainese Torque Pro Out Air Boot (Euro 41)

2007 Honda CBR600rr Black/Silver - Stolen May 10, 2013 - RIP Evolet

2008 Honda CBR600rr Red/Black
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 04:41 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Thanks James! She was initially going for the glossy white but thought it was too plain. She ultimately decided on the yellow one for slight improvement on visibility (she is learning well :)

I have also offered to let her have/borrow my 86 250 Rebel since that is what I learned on. That way she wouldn't have to buy a ninja 250 and worry about selling it a couple months down the road. She had me start to look into one and she then protested if it was too small of a bike for her since her coworkers were urging her to start out with a super sport 600 or something (she isn't a fan of cruiser...yet). Luckily was able to convince her out of it.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-22-2013, 05:44 PM
World Superbike Racer

Garage
awesome man sick helmets.. I like the yellow
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 09:30 PM
Knee Dragger

no doubt stg does a great job. I like when motorcycle companies show a presence on the forums (I don't have that kind of time to go talk shop in person). Jason helped me figure out sizing for an rs taichi jacket I recently got from them. I ordered it online (though after the fact I realized I should have ordered through jason so he'd get the credit for the sale). Just ordered a set of levers and a "close out" bell star that was too good of a deal to pass up.

08 600rr
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 10:12 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I wish I was even more active on here but the summertime rush takes up quite a bit of my time. Thanks for recognizing my effort on here, I greatly appreciate it.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 03:48 PM
Pocketbike Racer

I've never dealt with Jason, but my first STG experience included them going ridiculously above & beyond. This is slightly off topic but I wanted to add it after reading the locked STG bash (from a year old transaction...).

I was going to my first trackday at Grattan and on my way to drop off my bike in the Chicago burbs to be hauled, my Vortex shift lever broke (center bolt decided to end it's life). Shoe laces got me to my destination but were probably not going to pass tech...

I called STG and they agreed to toss the new rearset I purchased in the car and bring it to me at the track since there was no time to ship. I got names, cell numbers, vague desc of people - plenty of information that I didn't need because all the STT crew (and track regulars) were so welcoming word got out ASAP that I was the guy who needed the rearset.

Not gonna lie, I can get some stuff shipped faster from elsewhere, but STG will get my business based on the whole package of what STT STG offers me as a rider.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-14-2013, 04:19 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I bought a Jacket and some gloves from Jason yesterday on the phone. It was the first time I purchased anything from Jason or STG and it was a good experience (so far - I obviously haven't gotten the package yet). He was great to deal with and very knowledgeable.

---------------------------------

2>4
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 04:33 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Just thought I'd bump this thread to say my package came in and I am very happy with everything. I'd like to reiterate that Jason from STG was great to deal with.

---------------------------------

2>4
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-18-2013, 06:38 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I've got an email sent out to him now myself, totally forgot they all were at the races this weekend so very patiently waiting for Monday to come for them to get back into the office. :)

I love customer service.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-19-2013, 03:41 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrNewEngland View Post
Just thought I'd bump this thread to say my package came in and I am very happy with everything. I'd like to reiterate that Jason from STG was great to deal with.
Thanks for the shout out. Glad I was able to help you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by janaka View Post
I've got an email sent out to him now myself, totally forgot they all were at the races this weekend so very patiently waiting for Monday to come for them to get back into the office. :)

I love customer service.
I just dug up your email and I'll send a quick estimate over to you with a couple discounts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page