OPPRacing is TERRIBLE - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-20-2013, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
OPPRacing is TERRIBLE

wanted to share my experience with these people... not sure if anyone has had any experience with them, but they are quite awful... i paid for 3 day shipping and they didn't ship out till 2 weeks later cuz they said the first time they tried to ship it, it got sent back to them... so i called to see what was going on... they said it wasn't their fault and that they would ship it out (which took another week), and decided to send me fake tracking #'s so i couldn't tell when it would arrive... i actually called before i put in the order to make sure they could get it to me in 3 days which i paid for... they said yes and then proceeded to f*ck with me and made me wait over 2 weeks for it... i hate when people make empty promises and then screw with you on top of it... i ended up keeping the part cuz i don't want to pay for the restocking fee... otherwise i'd have sent it back... in either case, i'm never going back to OPPRacing for anything cuz their attitude and customer service sucks to say the least

man and machine... to be one is just a dream... the corner and the lean that's what i mean... blowin some steam relaxing it may seem... addicted like a fiend...

Mod Thread: https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=281508

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 06:16 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I agree. They are the worst place I've ever ordered from. Their website said my order was in stock. After 1 week and no communication from them, I called. They said it was on the way to them and they would ship it when they got it, so I would have it in a week or so. It took over 2 weeks to get my stuff and I didn't have it in time for my trackday.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

'08 GRAFFITI
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2013, 09:48 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Good to know. I'll avoid that place. Lack of communication about an item and making you wait in the dark for something you paid for is unacceptable and loses the vendor my continued business every time.

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-11-2013, 04:01 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sorry to hear about your troubles OP. Best of luck with your future purchases.

Congrats OPPRacing, you just lost two more potential customers. Kudos!

2011 CBR600RR 'X-Ray' Build Thread
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=294795

Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 05:37 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I realize this is an old thread, but I want to share a similar experience:

I ordered a Brembo clutch master cylinder and called to see if I could get an ETA. I left a couple of voice mails and waited. Two weeks went by so I emailed them and referred to my order number. Then I sent a follow-up email, and one more follow-up. Still nothing. It has been three months since I was billed for the product and I haven't received it, nor do I have any idea where it is.

In short, this is the worst place I have ever ordered from. Their customer service is non-existent and apparently so are the products they advertise.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-07-2018, 07:51 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I'm sort of not surprised. Not because I think OPPRacing is doing this on purpose or is generally incompetent, but I think what it is, is places like OPPRacing were birthed a long time ago for a niche activity/community and as remain operating in a very analog way. As compared to something slick, like for instance Revzilla, which leverages a bunch of technology to enforce things like presenting customers with accurate inventory, order tracking, order history, etc. Old school sellers probably take care of this via pen and paper and may not have many people who take care of customer service (or maybe even none, just leaving that to sales).

It's basically a gamble if you do it the old school way, if your memory is perfect and nothing ever gets misplaced and no bumps occur on the way, you'll have a happy customer who is none the wiser that you have no contingency for if anything goes wrong. But when it does go wrong, it tends to go very wrong.

I think it is in the best interests of sites like OPPRacing and others (HardRacing comes to mind) to implement some modern changes to their sales pipeline in order to stop this sort of thing from happening, but of course that takes quite a bit of investment and also I wouldn't be shocked if the owners of these places were a bit old school and stubborn, hah.
The Following User Says Thank You to FightingChance For This Useful Post:
wibbly (03-20-2018)
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 01:25 PM
Training Wheel Hero

You're probably right. The tech used by places like revzilla is still relatively new (as is ecommerce, generally), and I have a feeling it could be expensive to implement. Still, I wish they'd let me know what's going on. Their silence over this extended period of time makes me think I got bamboozled.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2018, 03:35 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Thanks for sharing. Couple times I almost went with them for something but now it's cleared to avoid them at all cost.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2018, 02:06 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Just FWIW, always send an e-mail ahead of time, requesting for the lead time and if the item is in fact in-stock stateside. Regardless who is the seller site, this is experience coming from managing an e-commerce site. It helps to prevent unjust time delays and waiting. It also prevents unnecessary bashing of sites, unless it's deserved.

Feel the rhythm feel the ride. Get on up, it's bobsled time. COOL RUNNINGS!!!!
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 06:19 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Just wanted to follow up on my previous post.

I talked to the owner over at OPP racing today, and he told me that he's lost a lot of employees in the last few months and that it's been difficult finding good help. He was able to send the clutch out today, I should have it by Thursday.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-20-2018, 06:25 PM
Knee Dragger

Definitely not getting my business. There's no excuse for poor communication.
Seems as if lots of these places are using the staff turnover as an excuse.
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 02:34 AM
Pocketbike Racer

For what it is worth, I have ordered a number of products from OPP without issue. One in particular last year, I called them directly and asked questions about fitment. I was advised they were out of stock at the time, but the person I spoke to said they believe they had one set aside (they put me on hold, and in a few minutes came back and said they have one and can sell it). I received it within 5 business days. Perfect condition.

Edit: This is not a part typically stocked more than one or two at a time in the USA. I have had zero issues with OPPRacing as of last year.

Last edited by Axel Nut; 03-21-2018 at 02:40 AM.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-21-2018, 06:27 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
Not surprised by what mowmow or axle is reporting. Old cranky guys always have trouble finding 'good help', haha. Also, calling and placing an order they love; they hate pulling orders from their computer (or don't remember to follow them up.) If ordering from OPP or Hardracing or anywhere else where the website looks like it was made in Hotdog Pro, call to order.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 04-01-2018, 02:27 AM
Pocketbike Racer

People gotta give these smaller web facing dealers a chance. They are not the Revzilla behemoth. Think about it as if you are communicating with your local dealer. Generally that's all these web facing sites are.

Are there pro's and con's, sure. OPP, STG, RevZilla, MotoMillion, etc all are dedicated to you as a rider, and depending on their finances can better or worse support their web presence. If you have any concern, call them directly, and talk to them.

My OPP experience in particular was beyond expectations. Not so good web site, but excellent (very excellent) direct customer service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page