Do not buy from Amazon marketplace seller "Speed Shop" - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 05:21 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Do not buy from Amazon marketplace seller "Speed Shop"

Just wanted to share this with everyone.
I bought a set of stands, front triple tree and rear spool stand, from an Amazon marketplace seller called "Speed Shop". I had an awful experience, and never did receive the products I paid for. AVOID THIS SELLER AT ALL COSTS!

I never actually got the front triple tree stand I ordered from Speed Shop. The stands are decent quality for what you pay. They flex a little, but seem to hold the bike adequately. I probably wouldn't sit on the bike with the stands in place, and they probably wouldn't be good for a heavy bike, but for a Monster 900, they were fine. The paint coating is ok - I had some scrape off assembling the pieces together (out of round opening). They seem alright altogether, I'm not sure how long they would last - the welds dont look like they had great penetration, but its hard to tell with the powdercoating over top. I think they fit my expectations for the price range and I would be OK with using them on my lighter bikes.

If your curious as to why you should avoid the seller, read on.
What a nightmare. I ordered the set with front triple tree stand and rear spool stand. I received a front fork stand, and nothing else, so I called them. The phone was answered by a customer service agent, but I was told to email as amazon support was handled through email and he couldn't help me. Great - thanks. I received the package on a Saturday morning. I needed the stands to change tires on a bike I had just bought for an upcoming motorcycle trip. I told them this in my email, and asked that they ship the stands expedited to get here by a particular day. This was about 4 business days out - which should not be a problem for any company. The company I work at has no problems getting our products from our warehouse to our customers in the west coast within 1 business day. I gave them my cell phone number and explicitly told them I wanted to be called at that number if there would be any problems getting the stands to me by the date required.

I never received a call.

I received an email saying they would ship the right stands out right away. Got a tracking number which took 2-3 days to update. Finally updated, and I saw that the stands were not scheduled for delivery till 3 business days AFTER the date I told them I needed them by. When I received the package, after I had missed my motorcycle trip, it contained the rear stand only. Even after all that, I still couldn't do the maintenance I needed to do 2 weeks prior. I was not happy.

The email support was very poor and it just got worse and worse. They made me drag the whole thing out through the amazon A-Z guarantee process, and they wanted me to pay to ship both stands back to them (one of which I never ordered!). At first they tried to deny that I had a claim and said that the order was complete when I received the rear stand, and that they were not offering me a refund because I didnt get overnight shipping. Seriously? Is this a bad joke? I missed my motorcycle trip, I never received the half of my order as I never received the triple tree stand, I pointed this out and they were unapologetic and hostile. The seller refused to make it right at any point. I gave them multiple chances, and multiple options, and they refused to play ball. They don't value their customers, they don't value their customer's time, and they don't value motorcycling. As a company that sells motorcycle parts, you think they would care about their motorcyclist customer base - but they don't.

Amazon eventually refunded my purchase price, but these guys were awful. I've already posted a similar review on multiple motorcycle forums.

If you're still considering buying these, I ask why? Why not buy the stands below instead? They are sold and fulfilled by Amazon, not this junk company who doesn't care if you miss your motorcycle trip and treats you like they don't need you.
I bought the CHN RSW-1 rear stand and CHN FW-1 front stand shortly after starting the A-Z claims process. They arrived in two days, were as described, and are of equal or better quality than those offered by speed shop. They are about the same price (a few dollars less actually) and since they are sold by Amazon you shouldnt have any of the problems I had with this seller.
I had the stands I needed in hand before I could even complete the claims process with these jokers to get my money back.

These are the sets I bought from Amazon. I would recommend them.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050H3A4Q/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1Amazon ASIN: B0050H3A4Q
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0050H39OW/ref=oh_details_o00_s01_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1Amazon ASIN: B0050H39OW

They are a few dollars cheaper all together, and they are sold by Amazon, not this trashy Speed Shop company, so they are Prime eligible and you wont end up missing a motorcycle trip and dealing with this frustrating and obnoxious seller.

They seem like better quality from initial inspection - I received them just before leaving for vacation, so I havent had a chance to test them out. I have not doubt they will serve my purposes fine.

1993 CBR F2 - 95 F3 Motor - 98 carbs - Stage 1 Jet Kit - 520 Chain/Sprockets -1/+3 - 2005 1000rr front end - 2005 GSXR 750 Clipons and controls - 2005 GSXR 750 Tail section - Custom subframe - 2003 600RR Swingarm, suspension, and rear wheel - 2001 f4i gauges - HID lighting - Under engine dual exit exhaust - Super streetfightering it now....
View Swingarm and Gauges how to's here: http://www.fotki.com/cbrf23

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cbrf23 For This Useful Post:
Moeman (07-01-2013), RR2D2 (07-01-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 11:21 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Thats nonsense. Sucks some companies dont have their ish together
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-01-2013, 11:37 PM
Pocketbike Racer

That sucks. Sorry u had to go thought that

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

92 cbr 600 f2 SOLD :(

03 cbr 600 rr

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013, 12:07 AM
Moto GP Racer

Ya man I can't say I've had bad experience with amazon and I bought a lot of stuff from them not always for my bike either. But I often over do it now when it comes to stuff since I started riding on road, personally I have pit-bull stands front and rear and while a less expensive option may exist I have confidence that the only reason I'd buy new ones would be to fit a different bike.

1971 Volkswagen 1302 (02.19.2015 - )

For Sale:
https://www.600rr.net/vb/153-07-13-rr...0rr-c-abs.html
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 07-02-2013, 06:09 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sorry you had to go through such trouble, these type of sellers are just a damn nightmare to deal with and they make our lives like crap and only hurt their business in the process.

2011 CBR600RR 'X-Ray' Build Thread
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=294795

Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page