Sport Bike Bolts review. - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 12:06 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer
 
VangaSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 317
Thanks: 11
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sport Bike Bolts review.

I just wanted to share my buying experience with Bike Bolts.

First, I decided on this company because I read some scary reviews of Pro bolts feeling cheap and plasticy.

They were slightly more expensive but they are by no means cheap feeling at all. Made from stainless steel definitely OEM quality.

Customer service was not so great. Don't get me wrong, once I finally talked to someone they were very helpful and informative. But both phone numbers they list on their website are disconnected and I never got any replies from their email service on their contact us page. The only way I was able to get through was the number they had listed on their Facebook page which was not listed on their website. (weird). I would not have had to call in the first place but their system didn't automatically update my order from "processing" to "shipped" which had me concerned on why it was taking so long.

Actual time was accurate to the website. About 2 days to process the order and 3 days for shipping from Ohio.

Most of this stuff can be overlooked as poor website hosting and can be fixable however this was not my major issue. I paid an extra $10 to have my screws powder coated gloss black. Ya they look freakin awesome, but you can't fit the stupid allen wrench in the bolt anymore and when you do, it scraped off the paint. Take my advice and DON'T have the screws painted. Save your money.

Now for the good. I was satisified with the price. I paid $60 for OEM grade bolts and didn't have any fitment issues. Didn't have any missing items. The best part was all the bolts were labeled in plastic bags and came with a diagram of where each bolt/nut was supposed to go. MOST USEFUL!

Overall, I would definitely recommend this company and I would buy from them again, I just wouldn't recommend the painted screws.
VangaSTL is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 01:11 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 849
Thanks: 69
Thanked 70 Times in 64 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I bought some screws like that once.

I didn't like them.
Shoichiro_Honda is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 01:52 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer
 
VangaSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 317
Thanks: 11
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoichiro_Honda View Post
I bought some screws like that once.

I didn't like them.
What did you not like about them?
VangaSTL is offline  
 
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 02:08 AM
AMA Supersport Racer
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 849
Thanks: 69
Thanked 70 Times in 64 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VangaSTL View Post
What did you not like about them?
I didn't like the fact that the bit wouldn't fit properly because a moron painted them without taking that into consideration.

I didn't like the fact that I paid for an unopened box, and drove fifteen miles back home before I found out about the problem.

I didn't like having to make another trip to the store to buy different screws.

Sure, I could pound the heads of each and every screw with a hammer/chisel technique to break through the paint, but it gets old quick.

So when someone filled the allen heads with paint, essentially creating a useless product, unless of course you hacked away at each and every head, basically nullifying the extra paint job that you ordered and paid for did you think you had received things as described? Or were you expecting something like functionality as well as an aesthetically pleasing product?
Shoichiro_Honda is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 06:54 AM
BOTM Winner 09/15
 
Buckley.S's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Bristol, United Kingdom
Posts: 1,418
Thanks: 244
Thanked 171 Times in 157 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VangaSTL View Post
I decided on this company because I read some scary reviews of Pro bolts feeling cheap and plasticy.
I've always used Pro Bolt products and have found their quality is second to none. You don't get to supply nearly every garage in WSB, MotoGP and F1 with sub standard products!


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

You only go as fast as you twist the throttle.

My build thread: https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=302170

www.carbon-hut.co.uk
Buckley.S is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer
 
VangaSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 317
Thanks: 11
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckley.S View Post
I've always used Pro Bolt products and have found their quality is second to none. You don't get to supply nearly every garage in WSB, MotoGP and F1 with sub standard products!


Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I was originally considering pro bolt but there was one review out there that deterred me. They said that there were pieces missing and felt cheap. Also i didn't like the fact that the pieces werent' labeled so you would have no idea what goes where unless your replace one bolt at a time. But maybe they have changed since that review was written?
VangaSTL is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 10:32 AM
Knee Dragger
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 149
Thanks: 12
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I've bought several bolts from pro-bolt and the only one that were not perfect were from the screen kit (6 bolts). 1 of them had a little spot without paint and the other was something between gold and orange (I ordered orange). I wrote them an email and they sent me 2 new bolts. So far I am very happy with pro-bolt.
MrLister is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 01:20 PM
World Superbike Racer
 
Mina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Toronto, ON
Posts: 2,175
Thanks: 265
Thanked 335 Times in 272 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by VangaSTL View Post
Also i didn't like the fact that the pieces werent' labeled so you would have no idea what goes where unless your replace one bolt at a time. But maybe they have changed since that review was written?
How hard is it to remove one bolt and replace it with a similar sized bolt?

I have the Pro Bolt fairing kit and engine casing kit on my GSXR and no issues.
Mina is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 08:52 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer
 
VangaSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 317
Thanks: 11
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mina View Post
How hard is it to remove one bolt and replace it with a similar sized bolt?

I have the Pro Bolt fairing kit and engine casing kit on my GSXR and no issues.
Its not hard. Its just time consuming. It was easier with a diagram and listed parts that show exactly what goes where. This way I can grab which bolt I needed off the kitchen table and walk outside with everything I need for the fairing.
VangaSTL is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 10:46 PM
Training Wheel Hero
 
1hunid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hillsborough County FL
Posts: 70
Thanks: 32
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I just received my pack of bolts from them today. No fitment issues. They send the bolts in labeled baggies along with the diagram of your bike. Only thing I noticed was that they didn't provide bolts for the rear tire hugger.

_____________________________________________

2005 Honda CBR 600RR
1hunid is offline  
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-29-2013, 11:00 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer
 
VangaSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 317
Thanks: 11
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hunid View Post
I just received my pack of bolts from them today. No fitment issues. They send the bolts in labeled baggies along with the diagram of your bike. Only thing I noticed was that they didn't provide bolts for the rear tire hugger.
Also wished they included the rubber bumpers for the tank cover. Those would've been nice to have.
VangaSTL is offline  
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 02:41 AM
Knee Dragger
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Switzerland
Posts: 149
Thanks: 12
Thanked 16 Times in 15 Posts
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hunid View Post
I just received my pack of bolts from them today. No fitment issues. They send the bolts in labeled baggies along with the diagram of your bike. Only thing I noticed was that they didn't provide bolts for the rear tire hugger.
Are you talking about the fairing kit from pro-bolt? I replaced the rear hugger bolts with some from the kit without problems.
MrLister is offline  
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer
 
VangaSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 317
Thanks: 11
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLister View Post
Are you talking about the fairing kit from pro-bolt? I replaced the rear hugger bolts with some from the kit without problems.
I believe he is referring to the bike bolts kit.
VangaSTL is offline  
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 07:15 PM
Pocketbike Racer
 
THE BHIZZLER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Boise ID
Posts: 275
Thanks: 5
Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Pro Bolt all the way bud. The fact that your only reviewing products, based on someone elses review, makes me laugh. Bahhhh Bahhhh

2007 600RR
THE BHIZZLER is offline  
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer
 
VangaSTL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Saint Louis, MO
Posts: 317
Thanks: 11
Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE BHIZZLER View Post
Pro Bolt all the way bud. The fact that your only reviewing products, based on someone elses review, makes me laugh. Bahhhh Bahhhh
I'm sorry, I don't understand your point. Isn't the point of a review to give another buyer an idea of what to expect? Maybe you should re-read my post. I'm not reviewing pro-bolt. I just explained why I didn't buy pro-bolt.
VangaSTL is offline  
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 10:15 PM
Training Wheel Hero
 
1hunid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Hillsborough County FL
Posts: 70
Thanks: 32
Thanked 8 Times in 6 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrLister View Post
Are you talking about the fairing kit from pro-bolt? I replaced the rear hugger bolts with some from the kit without problems.
My bad. Im talking about BikeBolts.
1hunid is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome