FRD Diablo Racing Rearsets - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
FRD Diablo Racing Rearsets

hey guys... has anyone ever ordered anything from these guys?... i spoke with a guy named safa and he said i'd have to wait a month before i'd get my rearsets... so i paid and waited... it's been over 3 months and he's now ignoring all communications from me... he did send me some clip ons and shirts etc. because i waited for so long... i assumed he was a good guy and would keep his word... but obviously that was not true... i want to let you guys know on what happened so that no one else here would get scammed out of ~$400 like i did... it's been so long i'm not sure i can even get my money back... so be careful guys... do not trust these people... they have lead me on for a few months now... i should've realized but i spoke with safa regularly and he told me it was an anodizing issue at first... then he got injured at work and he was extremely busy and had a hard time keeping up with everything... all lies... be aware everyone!

man and machine... to be one is just a dream... the corner and the lean that's what i mean... blowin some steam relaxing it may seem... addicted like a fiend...

Mod Thread: https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=281508

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 06:06 PM
BOTM Winner 8/12 / Super Moderator

Thanked 1,043 Times in 921 Posts
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Really too bad you had this happen man, this should never happen just no excuse imo! def need to file a complaint, I forgot to ask when you pm'd me, did you pay with Paypal? have you spoken to a "manager" or owner? also what site did you order from? cant seem to find the DR direct site?

Last edited by CBR Time; 09-30-2013 at 06:09 PM.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 06:11 PM
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015

Thanked 1,266 Times in 1,146 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
assume FRD is the company you are dealing with?

if anything i would reach out to Diablo Racing directly and let them know as well, that there is a vendor or whoever it is that is not keeping up with their orders and thus making them look bad as well.... don't know, but something i would do for sure to reach out and get them in the know...

good luck, and hopefully you will get your money back somehow...

YouTube Channel

----------------------------------------------------------------
kali_cbr600rr - build/progress (2007 blue/silver)
kali_cbr600rr - GoPro/Video adventures

4 sale: A Lot Of Stuff - Look at the "For Sale" section!!!

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBR Time View Post
Really too bad you had this happen man, this should never happen just no excuse imo! def need to file a complaint, I forgot to ask when you pm'd me, did you pay with Paypal? have you spoken to a "manager" or owner? also what site did you order from? cant seem to find the DR direct site?
i paid with a CC, and i've never spoken to a manager... only to one of the sales guys... it's super hard to get in touch with these people because no one answers the phone... i dunno how they run a business like this actually... their website is http://www.frdracing.com/mainpg.html... this sucks so hard!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kali_cbr600rr View Post
assume FRD is the company you are dealing with?

if anything i would reach out to Diablo Racing directly and let them know as well, that there is a vendor or whoever it is that is not keeping up with their orders and thus making them look bad as well.... don't know, but something i would do for sure to reach out and get them in the know...

good luck, and hopefully you will get your money back somehow...
i actually ordered through diablo racing directly haha... that's the funny part... i'm hoping it works out somehow

thanks, but i'm not sure that it'll get resolved as it is impossible to get in touch with anyone at diablo racing

man and machine... to be one is just a dream... the corner and the lean that's what i mean... blowin some steam relaxing it may seem... addicted like a fiend...

post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 07:17 PM

ok, well calling them doesn't seem to be getting anywhere? try there FB page, maybe write a post on there wall saying "who can I contact with an issue I have etc" see if anyone replies, or pm them on FB, worth a try
https://www.facebook.com/DiabloRacingTechnology?fref=ts
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 07:19 PM

guessing you've tried all these
Toll free: 1-877-263-6639 Direct: 704-918-1762
Email: [email protected]
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 07:37 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
These guys take forever to make their rearsets. and they usually take a week or two with a response in email. When I first ordered my set, it took around 3-4 months to get it shipped!!! I crashed it at the beginning of the year and the rearsets was under warrenty so I could get a replacement. It has been half a year already and I am still waiting... they really need to get their **** together.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 09:15 PM

waiting that long for parts is insane imo, I got my Vortex set from Diego in a few wks. Nothing bothers me more than a vendor not replying to my emails/calls, really hope all works out in the end for you man
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
ok, well calling them doesn't seem to be getting anywhere? try there FB page, maybe write a post on there wall saying "who can I contact with an issue I have etc" see if anyone replies, or pm them on FB, worth a try
https://www.facebook.com/DiabloRacingTechnology?fref=ts
i tried that route as well... every time i try to look at their page my fb just goes back to my news feed page... weird... i can search and find their page but i can't go on it... not sure what's happening

Quote:
guessing you've tried all these
Toll free: 1-877-263-6639 Direct: 704-918-1762
Email: [email protected]
yep... been calling couple times a week

Quote:
Originally Posted by carl22 View Post
These guys take forever to make their rearsets. and they usually take a week or two with a response in email. When I first ordered my set, it took around 3-4 months to get it shipped!!! I crashed it at the beginning of the year and the rearsets was under warrenty so I could get a replacement. It has been half a year already and I am still waiting... they really need to get their **** together.
that's unbelievable... at least you got yours haha... jesus christ... i just hope i can get my money back at this point in time... good luck with your replacements dude... totally not cool

post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 01:13 PM

where are they located exactly? wonder if a member on here is close?
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

they are in charlotte north carolina... i'm actually goin to be there at the end of the month... i'm gonna try to take a trip down there during vacation and see if i can pay them a visit

post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 04:05 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sorry to hear about your troubles OP, I hope you get this resolved. Definitely pay them a visit and if a member who lives close by can also pass by them and let them know of their ridiculous way of running a business hopefully something will come out of it. Keep us posted. If you are a member on another forum, post this up as well, if they give a crap (which doesn't look like it) it might put push them to get off their butts and do something about your order, if not you have nothing to lose.

2011 CBR600RR 'X-Ray' Build Thread
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=294795

Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 11:14 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

thanks rad rage... so there's bad news

someone also had the same problem and he said he's been waiting for 5 months for his... apparently, this seems to be a scam... i'm not even sure if this is a legitimate business... i'd encourage anyone that knows or sees anyone looking to buy anything from these guys to put the word out to them that this company is most likely going to scam them in some way... looks like there are more people like myself so the hope is to prevent this sort of thing going forward... i'm hoping this notice will help others from getting caught like we did

post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-02-2013, 11:31 AM

as i mentioned contact your CC company, hopefully they can help you out w a refund? one things for sure, because of your post you have now warned others who may have been thinking about purchasing from him, thx for that
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 02:27 AM
Moto GP Racer

There is a vendor on here that was promoting Diablo Rearsets and how they initially had a lifetime warranty and then had to change it to 5 years or something, maybe he can shed some light on the matter; I'll PM him.

EDIT: here is the thread I'm talking about:
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=254421

Co-President of Team46

Last edited by Rad Rage; 10-03-2013 at 02:34 AM.
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-03-2013, 08:54 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
They are a legitimate business and have awesome products. I agree that there timeline for products suck but they are working on getting a lot more product on hand at all times. This is where FRD comes in as they are an Italian company that have partnered with Diablo Racing to help back their designs and offer more capital to afford the type of inventory that they need.

I totally agree that NO One should have to wait anywhere close to the time this is taking. I will contact them today and find out what and why this is happening. If it is an anodizing issue, then they need to find a different vendor.

The reason the lifetime warranty is because when distributors got involved, they wanted to be able to make money on replacement parts and demanded the same 1 year warranty as everyone else. So that you can thank the big distributors for.

I too have been waiting for months for rearsets and have refunded customers for having to wait for them. FRD has been putting a lot of their effort into the new Alpha-Spec rearsets that are the most advanced rearsets on the market which may be why they haven't been responding much to the older design. I know that it is no excuse but just trying to figure out why they are not getting back to you.

I will call right now to the owner of Diablo and see what I can find out.

www.kmmotorcycleleathers.com - Arlen Ness, Dainese, Forcefield,Knox,Teknic, Scorpion,Racer,Leatt
www.kmmotorcycleparts.com - Arlen ness, GPR, RKExcel, OZ, Marchesini, Brembo, Ferodo,Woodcraft, Motozen,Hotbodies, Armour bodies,EVR, Double Dog Moto, Diablo Racing
www.kannichmotorsportsblog.com
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

so i got an email from Alan from FRD Racing today apologizing for the inconvenience saying that their buy out and switch over is causing the delays... also, the CBR rearsets have been backordered indefinitely... the claim i put in with my CC went through and i've been refunded my money back... he mentioned that the clip ons i received were a gift for my troubles as well... boy, am i glad this got resolved... just wanted to update everyone

post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 10-11-2013, 01:21 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tzy32 View Post
so i got an email from Alan from FRD Racing today apologizing for the inconvenience saying that their buy out and switch over is causing the delays... also, the CBR rearsets have been backordered indefinitely... the claim i put in with my CC went through and i've been refunded my money back... he mentioned that the clip ons i received were a gift for my troubles as well... boy, am i glad this got resolved... just wanted to update everyone
Glad you finally got this resolved man, all the best!

Co-President of Team46

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page