StreetSkinns-Wade - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 08:22 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
StreetSkinns-Wade

Alright i hate to do this seeing as so many people have had good experiences with him so far on this site but i have had a horrible experience.

He did a labor day group buy located here https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=385905

during which i was inquiring about getting a seat made. i received a pm saying there was a set of core seats available so i would not have to ship mine in yet till after and to place my order. Expected lead time was 2 weeks as seen in the labor day group buy thread. I also placed my order at this time on 8/31/13.

I sent a pm on 9/21 and 9/25 trying to see how the seats were going since it had been two weeks already. Both of these went unanswered.

finally on 10/16 he replied in his other thread located here post #469
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=308154&page=16

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSkinns View Post
everyone who purchased during the labor day sale, your seats are all shipped now. expect them Friday or Monday.
I never received mine on friday 10/18 or monday 10/21 so i sent another pm asking for a tracking number i could check. which he replied he would check his paperwork at his shop.

which i then got this reply stating there was no tracking number matching my city and he would look again. otherwise get a new set out tomorrow 10/25.

so i sent a msg containing my address again just to make sure he has it correct

me double checking that i would be receiving seats since he said he would make a new one right away and already got it out

his reply stating he should have them out 10/28 or 10/29 now.

i asked for tracking number on 10/28 to verify that these are coming/delivery to which i never got one

and my last msg on 11/3 to again ask if these got shipped which i have not heard back even though he has been on.

As of this posting i still have not received any seats. it has now been 9 weeks since this sale ended on labor day. I still want the seats if they are ever coming as people say how great they are, otherwise i just would like a full refund.

I am in no sense talking down on the product just lack of communication that has occurred during this entire transaction through which i have tried to be patient but with others having gotten their seats i dont understand why i have not.

EDIT: 11/8
Well I finally got a MSG last night saying they are done and ready to be shipped. I am glad he followed through. Hopefully will receive them early next week.

which puts it at 10 weeks since I ordered. I think communication could have been a lot better and there would have never been this issue.

My 05 Build Thread
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=387457

Youtube Channel
CBR RRider

Last edited by x2fast2belegalx; 11-08-2013 at 10:14 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 08:30 PM
BOTM winner 01/14

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I love his seats. . However, I also found his communication to be poor. Several unanswered messages. Had to post on the thread to be replied to.
post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 11:01 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

If I recall correctly I waited around 2 months for mine. Great seats. Poor communication.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 11:17 PM
Moto GP Racer

Pics or it didnt... oh.

2006 HONDA CBR600RR: SOLD JUN'13

FLUTTERSHY
600rr.net Crash Stats: Will You Crash?

post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-05-2013, 11:23 PM
Maynard

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Hmmm.. that's a shame, really. Hopefully he pulls through for you.

2W1R

2012 M1100 EVO
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 03:54 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

my seats are great too. comunication is poor. i think he makes them him self by hand give him a break hes trying it seems hes not trying to rip u off.

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 05:11 AM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,718 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalPhenomenon View Post
give him a break hes trying it seems hes not trying to rip u off.
And everyone gets a trophy. That's what's wrong with people today. No one wants to be held accountable.

It's sad really.
post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 06:20 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Sent him my seats for him to cover and add additional foam / gel foam. Total time was about 4 weeks, 2 of which were from shipping back and forth. Great work and in my experience, the communication was OK. Always room for improvement, but it was OK for me. Maybe I'm a little older than most on here and don't expect everything to be instant. Could be a southern thing also. :-)

post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 06:22 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Sounds like he never made your seats in the first place if he didn't have a tracking number.

"From the land of Pleasant Living"
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 09:12 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
my seats are great too. comunication is poor. i think he makes them him self by hand give him a break hes trying it seems hes not trying to rip u off.

I understand he makes them by hand and I have waited patiently. I waited 9 weeks patiently before making this post. I didn't expect them to be done in a day but I should be able to expect mine the same time as the others in the group buy got theirs (Spd freak even had to send his seat in and has his already)

My 05 Build Thread

Youtube Channel
CBR RRider

Last edited by x2fast2belegalx; 11-08-2013 at 10:17 AM.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-06-2013, 09:52 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I guess I will echo most people's sentiments. I bought seats from him and I absolutely love them. However they took MUCH longer than anticipated. I was more than patient but his communications were pretty bad.

But in the end I got the seats, they are a great product, and the price was what we agreed on.

What I had to keep reminding myself was that Wade was doing this as a side business, and I wasn't dealing with Saddleman or Corbin. They are custom done seats that he is doing outside of regular business hours. He can't sit around waiting on messages to respond to while working his day job (although he could be a lot better - people are shelling out pretty good money for these).

---------------------------------

2>4
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Well I finally got a MSG last night saying they are done and ready to be shipped. I am glad he followed through. Hopefully will receive them early next week.

which puts it at 10 weeks since I ordered. I think communication could have been a lot better and there would have never been this issue.

I will update the original post also.

My 05 Build Thread

Youtube Channel
CBR RRider
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 10:14 AM
BOTM winner 01/14

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 10:18 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhillcbr View Post
You got a msg bc he say this thread
That may be. But I hope it's not what it takes for others to follow in order to receive theirs.

My 05 Build Thread

Youtube Channel
CBR RRider
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 10:26 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by x2fast2belegalx View Post
Well I finally got a MSG last night saying they are done and ready to be shipped. I am glad he followed through.
Isn't this the third time you've been told they are done and ready to be shipped? Did you get a tracking number this time?

"From the land of Pleasant Living"
post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 10:30 AM
World Superbike Racer

I will say that my finished seats look great. Communication was very poor (not sure if I had a single PM replied to). It did say 2 weeks or potentially longer in the labor day thread. However, I read some of the other threads and saw it was taking longer for other members so I anticipated the long wait. Plus, my bike is in pieces so it didn't matter to me either way.

I can understand though why you would be frustrated and there is no excuse for not responding to PM's in a timely manner. It takes 5 minutes to log on to the forum and type up a response.

'07 CBR 600rr
'11 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
Build Thread-Come on, do it! DO IT! What are you waiting for!?
The Following User Says Thank You to Honderr For This Useful Post:
x2fast2belegalx (11-08-2013)
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-08-2013, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baltimoron View Post
Isn't this the third time you've been told they are done and ready to be shipped? Did you get a tracking number this time?
Yes third time. This time I actually got pictures of said seats. I'm going to ask for one, either way I should receive them next week or there will be another post.

My 05 Build Thread

Youtube Channel
CBR RRider
post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-09-2013, 02:08 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I PMed two inquiries, during the labor day sale and before that as well. I got a response to both my first messages (which were courteous and timely), but never got a response to any subsequent ones so I just gave up. Poor communication costs money, if you start a business you have to be able to answer to your customers who paid for products, the OP waited for very very long. Hope you get your seats ASAP OP. Keep us posted.

2011 CBR600RR 'X-Ray' Build Thread
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=294795

Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 09:03 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Rage View Post
I PMed two inquiries, during the labor day sale and before that as well. I got a response to both my first messages (which were courteous and timely), but never got a response to any subsequent ones so I just gave up. Poor communication costs money, if you start a business you have to be able to answer to your customers who paid for products, the OP waited for very very long. Hope you get your seats ASAP OP. Keep us posted.
Yup, same thing with me, when I was asking about ordering I got a quick responses for two days but ever since I placed the order on October 17th when he said it'd be two weeks, I've not heard a thing. I PMed him on November 4th just asking how things were going and if he had any timeline updates with no response and I see he's definitely been on here since so I PMed again on the 9th, still nothing.

I'm assuming all is well, but I sent $250 for the front and rear full boat seats and would expect some sort of communication at least stating he's behind, on schedule or something to let me know he is at least acknowledging my order besides receiving my money.

Mike
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 09:14 AM
Knee Dragger

I was interested in his product. But well I guess.. not anymore.
post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 12:56 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

give him a break guys. the seats he makes are better than corbins and they give shitty customer service.

if he has a full time job hes working 8 hours a day +-2 hours of driving + food and sleep. he could be doing it on his days off he has such a full day.

im sure u would all like him to hire someone to do his job and make u a shitty seat right? wrong u wouldent be buying it. who ever complains needs to go buy a chinese seat cover on ebay.

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 01:03 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
give him a break guys. the seats he makes are better than corbins and they give shitty customer service.

if he has a full time job hes working 8 hours a day +-2 hours of driving + food and sleep. he could be doing it on his days off he has such a full day.

im sure u would all like him to hire someone to do his job and make u a shitty seat right? wrong u wouldent be buying it. who ever complains needs to go buy a chinese seat cover on ebay.

No one has said anything about the quality of his seats being poor. In fact, I made sure to mention in my post that they are quality seats. The biggest complaint is communication. I don't care if you work 8+ hours a day since it only takes 5 minutes to sign on here and type up a reply to let someone know what the status of their seat is. If it's going to take longer than expected that is fine but you owe it to your customer who has made full payment to let them know.

I hope you aren't a business owner if your mentality is it's OK to have poor communication as long as you are busy with other work.

Who cares if Corbin has shitty customer service? Since another company does that makes it OK for someone else to have it as well? The difference between a thumbs up and a thumbs down is going that extra step to be better than your competition.

'07 CBR 600rr
'11 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
Build Thread-Come on, do it! DO IT! What are you waiting for!?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Honderr For This Useful Post:
MrLister (11-11-2013), PaulRoss (11-11-2013)
post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 01:32 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:

You clearly didn't read the thread. Pure genius.

post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 02:30 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto_Junkie View Post
You clearly didn't read the thread. Pure genius.

maybe u dont understand.

high demand = more orders to complete in a short amount of time

if gets overwelmed and runs out of materials it can take more time.

now i have people on me for defending him. it took a good month for him to get me mine.

yes he could respond once a day but maybe he doesnt have a cellphone or his mail box is so full he cant send emails. iv had this happen before when i thought i sent a message and it didnt go through till i cleared my mail box.

post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 03:19 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Quote:
maybe u dont understand.

high demand = more orders to complete in a short amount of time

if gets overwelmed and runs out of materials it can take more time.

now i have people on me for defending him. it took a good month for him to get me mine.

yes he could respond once a day but maybe he doesnt have a cellphone or his mail box is so full he cant send emails. iv had this happen before when i thought i sent a message and it didnt go through till i cleared my mail box.

If there's such high demand that it will affect lead times then that should be communicated. That's all there is to it.

Honestly I would have been a lot happier if I had just been noticed/told that it would be longer. And I was willing to wait the month that it took you to get your seats. But idk anyone who wouldn't be frustrated with it taking two and a half months on top of essentially no communication.

Plus you're the one hounding people about giving their experience like they are in the wrong.

My 05 Build Thread

Youtube Channel
CBR RRider
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 04:17 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by x2fast2belegalx View Post
If there's such high demand that it will affect lead times then that should be communicated. That's all there is to it.

Honestly I would have been a lot happier if I had just been noticed/told that it would be longer. And I was willing to wait the month that it took you to get your seats. But idk anyone who wouldn't be frustrated with it taking two and a half months on top of essentially no communication.

Plus you're the one hounding people about giving their experience like they are in the wrong.

im just asking people to give him a break. **** happens and it causes delays

post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 04:35 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,718 Posts
If he's doing this as a business, he shouldn't suck at ANY portion of the task. No breaks for crappy service.
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 04:49 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
im just asking people to give him a break. **** happens and it causes delays

So then tell us that, which is all are asking for.

I'm sure it's going to be great, and I'm sure I'll like it; the bike is put away for the winter so I am not in a hurry to get it.

But if you have time to login and take new orders, you have time to send a 20 second response to say it's coming, done or delayed to existing orders. Like I said, acknowledge you have $250 of my money for a product.

And if you can't see your PM box is full you need better glasses as it's pretty obvious right away when you log in; not picking on you but it's not hard to see if you hope to run a business off here.
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 08:30 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

I received a tracking number! Should get them Thursday.

My 05 Build Thread

Youtube Channel
CBR RRider
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 11-12-2013, 09:04 AM
World Superbike Racer

He PM'ed me yesterday to tell me that they should be done next week. Glad I finally heard something but wish it didn't take adding to this thread to get a response.

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page