It's Simple; You Make The Mistake, And I Pay For It.....? - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 10:12 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
It's Simple; You Make The Mistake, And I Pay For It.....?

The most important aspect in a transaction to me is customer service. Some vendors tell you everything you need to know, and know their info very well. Others seem to think that complacency, and poor service is alright.

My last five purchases went smoothly, but unfortunately I have another possibly shady experience (in progress) that I might add to the list of bad ones unless the vendor is going to do something about it.

It's very simple:
- The vendor and I agree on a total price and method of payment.
- I ask for the details so I can wire the money.
- I wire the money but then receive a message from my bank that the vendor's bank couldn't accept the transfer because the beneficiary details are incorrect. To modify details/cancel the transfer I have to pay 32USD equivalent or the money I transferred stays charged to me.
- I notify the vendor and tell him that since I will have to pay that extra amount because of your mistake, to just add another product for slightly less than that value to the order.
- I go ahead and modify the details and the money goes through.
- The money arrives and the vendor acts all surprised, saying that I should bear that extra amount not him.

Really?

2011 CBR600RR 'X-Ray' Build Thread
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=294795

Co-President of Team46

"My bike is too fast for the track" Ubercool ZX-14R rider.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 01:24 PM
BOTM Winner 03/14

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
So your saying that he messed up on his end and then wants you to pay for his mistake?

My simple build.

RIP SpdyG_AK 22 June 2014
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 03:06 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
This aint right wire transfers are a costly pain in the buttocks process to begin with even when its a smooth one

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 04:03 PM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Thanked 1,055 Times in 859 Posts
Garage
You need to set up a better way to make payments man
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 04:13 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 1,167 Times in 990 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by wibbly View Post
not many choices when you live where he does

2006 Honda CBR600RR Black Tribal Edition
2W1R - IceTitan
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-13-2013, 04:25 PM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Garage
Paypal. They have excellent security and also coverage should you get ripped off
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-14-2013, 01:58 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by D1stylz View Post
So your saying that he messed up on his end and then wants you to pay for his mistake?

Exactly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moeman View Post
This aint right wire transfers are a costly pain in the buttocks process to begin with even when its a smooth one
They can be Moe, but if both parties are being fair and logical, then everything should be smooth.

Quote:
Not all vendors support all the payment options.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge_Jumper View Post
not many choices when you live where he does
Precisely.

Quote:
Paypal. They have excellent security and also coverage should you get ripped off
I remember being told that coverage doesn't apply in all countries, and support is not as comprehensive as it is in the US.

This is not my first wire transfer.
When I bought the J4Race rearsets from a fresh vendor on here, the actual transaction couldn't have went smoother. He gave me details which I provided to the bank and the transaction was simple and fast. The guy had problems producing the sets in the time frame he promised, which he exceeded by A LOT. I didn't complain, I kept checking back and forth with him until I received everything. On top of that, it is a Spanish company and is based in Thailand. You would think someone based in the States carrying such an esteemed name would not even consider doing this to a first time customer.

I received this email from him yesterday, which actually incriminates him even more:

"I’m sorry but it does not work that way, details where giving to you as they were giving to me, "

Co-President of Team46

post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-15-2013, 06:27 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
I know this wasn't us and honestly it sounds like a simple misscommunication between the vendor and their bank. However, I can say that when getting a wire transfer normally it's like 20-40 dollars and with most banks all paid by the sender. As a vendor that means they didn't have to pay Paypal/cc fee's. Without having to pay fee's it shouldn't be a problem to cover the fee one time for the miscommunication. Up to them though. If they got you the incorrect information though then imo you're right in everything you said. Be it them or their bank you shouldn't have to pay for it if you did as you were instructed, but it's not my call as we were not involved.

Best of luck bro.
The Following User Says Thank You to motomummy For This Useful Post:
Rad Rage (12-17-2013)
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 09:06 AM
World Superbike Racer

As far as the "beneficiary details are incorrect", was that an error on your part or theirs? I guess I'd sort of understand if there was no error on their part and they were hesitating to cover that mistake. However, if the bank details were incorrectly given to you I'd be bummed to see you pay for their mistake.

Hopefully this was a product that Corey or I couldn't get you? I know your last purchase went smooth with me.

Keep us updated.
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
As far as the "beneficiary details are incorrect", was that an error on your part or theirs? I guess I'd sort of understand if there was no error on their part and they were hesitating to cover that mistake. However, if the bank details were incorrectly given to you I'd be bummed to see you pay for their mistake.

Hopefully this was a product that Corey or I couldn't get you? I know your last purchase went smooth with me.

Keep us updated.
Yup the stuff I ordered wasn't available at Motomummy or STG.

Yeah he gave me the details and I used them to the letter. Their bank rejected the funds because the details were wrong, he then gave me the right beneficiary name and the funds went through. As expressed by all the responses (not to mention logic and reason) there should be no hesitation whatsoever to cover their mistake.

Co-President of Team46

post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 01:08 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Never had to deal with wire transfers, but I know people are always skeptical Hope everything works out in your favor. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Next Gen Jewelz For This Useful Post:
Rad Rage (12-17-2013)
post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 02:15 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Rage View Post
Yup the stuff I ordered wasn't available at Motomummy or STG.

Yeah he gave me the details and I used them to the letter. Their bank rejected the funds because the details were wrong, he then gave me the right beneficiary name and the funds went through. As expressed by all the responses (not to mention logic and reason) there should be no hesitation whatsoever to cover their mistake.
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification on both subjects. I don't want to step on anyone's toes but I'd personally have a hard time having a customer pay for an error on my part.
The Following User Says Thank You to SportbikeTrackGear For This Useful Post:
Rad Rage (12-17-2013)
post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-16-2013, 06:47 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Quote:
Gotcha. Thanks for the clarification on both subjects. I don't want to step on anyone's toes but I'd personally have a hard time having a customer pay for an error on my part.
Good thing your perfect so you don't have to worry about mistakes. I make one a year, but am getting there..... Lol

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 04:20 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomummy View Post
I know this wasn't us and honestly it sounds like a simple misscommunication between the vendor and their bank. However, I can say that when getting a wire transfer normally it's like 20-40 dollars and with most banks all paid by the sender. As a vendor that means they didn't have to pay Paypal/cc fee's. Without having to pay fee's it shouldn't be a problem to cover the fee one time for the miscommunication. Up to them though. If they got you the incorrect information though then imo you're right in everything you said. Be it them or their bank you shouldn't have to pay for it if you did as you were instructed, but it's not my call as we were not involved.

Best of luck bro.
With everything you said it just astounds me how some vendors insist on not taking any part of the burden especially when they are at fault 100%.

Anyways, I just sent him a link to this thread. If he cares about the reputation of his company especially on this important forum, he should do the right thing and resolve this situation. The other vendor I have had a problem with a long while back, rectified the situation and is still eager for me to make my next purchase from him, and I will at some point because he showed me he cares about his company's reputation as well as his.

Co-President of Team46

Last edited by Rad Rage; 12-17-2013 at 04:26 AM.
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 07:00 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Rage View Post
With everything you said it just astounds me how some vendors insist on not taking any part of the burden especially when they are at fault 100%.

Anyways, I just sent him a link to this thread. If he cares about the reputation of his company especially on this important forum, he should do the right thing and resolve this situation. The other vendor I have had a problem with a long while back, rectified the situation and is still eager for me to make my next purchase from him, and I will at some point because he showed me he cares about his company's reputation as well as his.
Giving them a chance to rectify the situation before naming and shaming also shows you're a great customer. They should be happy you're willing to work with them on THEIR mistake.

"From the land of Pleasant Living"
post #16 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 07:28 AM
Administrator

Thanked 1,530 Times in 1,047 Posts
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Mate, if you have the email they sent you with their bank details just forward them a copy of it so they can verify it's their mistake. If it is then they should make good on it.

If they refuse to accept it and it is their mistake, find out who their boss is and escalate the issue. They won't like the bad press it will incur and you may find it's a low level employee who doesn't want to own up to it and have to explain to his boss why they are giving away $30 of merchandise for nothing.
post #17 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Official Dealer

Garage
You never said in any of the emails you needed a name attached to the account I gave you the PNC bank info along with the account and rounting number,address, and even the phone number you never said you needed a name attached to it.
post #18 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 10:12 AM
Official Dealer

Garage
Quote:

Keep us updated.
Jason hit it right on the nose, I sent him all the info,never said he needed a name, all my other accounts have never needed a name attached to it, just the bank name which was PNC, the account,routing number,address and phone number.
post #19 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 10:19 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda East Toledo View Post
You never said in any of the emails you needed a name attached to the account I gave you the PNC bank info along with the account and rounting number,address, and even the phone number you never said you needed a name attached to it.
If you don't know how international wire transfers work, then why did you tell me it's fine for you? You asked at me at the very beginning how I will pay and I said wire transfer, you said alright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda East Toledo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Rage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honda East Toledo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rad Rage
Hi Paulie,

please PM me your best forum prices for the following and shipping via USPS priority to Kuwait.

- CF OEM Honda Racing tank trim
- CF OEM Honda Racing rear cowl trim
- CF OEM Honda Racing (not HRC) tank pad

Thanks
The only question I have is how where you going to pay?
Wire transfer.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Motorcycle.com Free App
I just had to check,get you a price here soon.
Secondly, yes I know you need a name, it's obvious and here are the details you sent; THEY INCLUDE A NAME, YOUR NAME, which is wrong because the account is not under your name:

Email Quote:

PNC Bank
405 Madison Ave
Toledo OH 43603

Routing-041000124
Account#-4228284714
Phone-419-897-1500

Paulie Tomanicek
419-891-1230ext33
Honda East Toledo
1230 Conant St
Maumee OH 43537

Co-President of Team46

Last edited by Rad Rage; 12-17-2013 at 10:21 AM.
post #20 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Mate, if you have the email they sent you with their bank details just forward them a copy of it so they can verify it's their mistake. If it is then they should make good on it.

If they refuse to accept it and it is their mistake, find out who their boss is and escalate the issue. They won't like the bad press it will incur and you may find it's a low level employee who doesn't want to own up to it and have to explain to his boss why they are giving away $30 of merchandise for nothing.
Thanks for the suggestion Nico, I just did.

Co-President of Team46

post #21 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 10:42 AM
Official Dealer

Garage
post #22 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 10:45 AM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Garage
Rad... The part at the bottom looks like an email signature and may not have been part of the wire info
post #23 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 10:51 AM
Official Dealer

Garage
You do know that the last portion there in the email is just my contact info right? That is my signature on my email that is sent on all my emails, you would have saw that in ALL my emails.
post #24 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 10:55 AM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Garage
So you tried to wire money to a salesman? Have you ever paid a salesman for any purchase ever? When you buy groceries to do give money to the cashier to put in her purse? Lol
post #25 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Official Dealer

Garage
Quote:
Rad... The part at the bottom looks like an email signature and may not have been part of the wire info
That's because it was not part of it.
post #26 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Can you please tell me why your signature which was in a larger font and in blue was changed to a standard size black to be part in the only email you sent which included the bank details? Unless they were part of the bank details above them as above?

It is not my job to discern whether a salesman is the owner of the company or not. Corey owns Motomummy and he is on here just like a lot of salesmen, something which I have come across many times. I asked for details for an international wire transfer and they were given to me, if you were unaware you needed a name for such a transfer then your lack of awareness is responsible.

Co-President of Team46

post #27 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 11:24 AM
BOTY 2014 Winner

Garage
Dude... It's a dealership... Come on...
post #28 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 11:49 AM
Official Dealer

Garage
post #29 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Very convenient.

Regardless, had I not included a name, I still would have had to edit the details and pay the extra charge. Whichever way you look at it you gave me flawed information which resulted in this situation. The fact that you did not know is not an excuse, you accepted the wire transfer to be the method of payment.

Co-President of Team46

post #30 of 49 (permalink) Old 12-17-2013, 01:07 PM
Official Dealer

Garage
I gave you all the info you needed!!!!! I have two other account that send me wires just about on a weekly turnaround, both of them are out of Saudi Arabia,another one from Egypt. The fact that you just put my name in INSTEAD of asking me what to do is not my fault!!!

And no I did not change my signature in my Emails.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page