The most important aspect in a transaction to me is customer service. Some vendors tell you everything you need to know, and know their info very well. Others seem to think that complacency, and poor service is alright.
My last five purchases went smoothly, but unfortunately I have another possibly shady experience (in progress) that I might add to the list of bad ones unless the vendor is going to do something about it.
It's very simple:
- The vendor and I agree on a total price and method of payment.
- I ask for the details so I can wire the money.
- I wire the money but then receive a message from my bank that the vendor's bank couldn't accept the transfer because the beneficiary details are incorrect. To modify details/cancel the transfer I have to pay 32USD equivalent or the money I transferred stays charged to me.
- I notify the vendor and tell him that since I will have to pay that extra amount because of your mistake, to just add another product for slightly less than that value to the order.
- I go ahead and modify the details and the money goes through.
- The money arrives and the vendor acts all surprised, saying that I should bear that extra amount not him.