Current Motomummy Experiance. Bust or Not? - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 05:18 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Current Motomummy Experiance. Bust or Not?

Edit/Update 5/5 BUST

Hey Guys,

Thought I would post up what happens when you have a problem with motomummy. I'm interested to see how it plays out.

On 4/28 around Noon I ordered the Bazzaz ZFI for my 2013 CBR600RR. If you look on their site https://www.motomummy.com/bazzaz-per...ce/bazzaz-zfi/ the 2013-2014 CBR600RR have their own section as they changed from the 2007-2012.

The item didn't ship 4/28 (Which is understandable) 4/29 (Still understandable) then around 3 oclock on 4/30 I called to make sure everything was good to go. The CS rep let me know that they had been waiting for the new 2013-2014 item as it changed recently and it would ship out that day.. YES! I was excited. It shipped the evening of 4/30 (Still a good time)

It arrived 5/3. I opened the box excited as could be and I see the sticker on the side of it.. it says 07-13... okay, I thought maybe it was okay as Akrapovic had done the same thing on their exhaust and it turned out just to be old stickers they had to itemize everything and the exhaust was correct...

I look at my receipt, it says 07-14... okay still might be okay. So I open the item only to find it missing the o2 simulator and instructions says 07-12.. ****.

I call motomummy at 3 o clock to let them know the problem, the CS directs me to send an email to returns. Around an hour later I receive an email letting me know they sent me what I selected on the site.. So I get my email 13-14.. NO, He also lets me know I can only return it with a restocking fee if its unopened as my model doesn't come out until late JUNE....

So I have my intake, full exhaust, ZAFM, Pair block offs, my oil, and zbomb... and I'm only waiting on this part.

How do you guys think this will be handled? Will the site sponsor step up and correct the mistake which wasn't mine? I hope so! Stay tuned!

Also, if something isn't true that I posted I welcome the vendor to explain, there are two sides to every story.

Last edited by Aqualime; 05-05-2014 at 11:24 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 05:28 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqualime View Post
Hey Guys,

Thought I would post up what happens when you have a problem with motomummy. I'm interested to see how it plays out.

On 4/28 around Noon I ordered the Bazzaz ZFI for my 2013 CBR600RR. If you look on their site https://www.motomummy.com/bazzaz-per...ce/bazzaz-zfi/ the 2013-2014 CBR600RR have their own section as they changed from the 2007-2012.

The item didn't ship 4/28 (Which is understandable) 4/29 (Still understandable) then around 3 oclock on 4/30 I called to make sure everything was good to go. The CS rep let me know that they had been waiting for the new 2013-2014 item as it changed recently and it would ship out that day.. YES! I was excited. It shipped the evening of 4/30 (Still a good time)

It arrived 5/3. I opened the box excited as could be and I see the sticker on the side of it.. it says 07-13... okay, I thought maybe it was okay as Akrapovic had done the same thing on their exhaust and it turned out just to be old stickers they had to itemize everything and the exhaust was correct...

I look at my receipt, it says 07-14... okay still might be okay. So I open the item only to find it missing the o2 simulator and instructions says 07-12.. ****.

I call motomummy at 3 o clock to let them know the problem, the CS directs me to send an email to returns. Around an hour later I receive an email letting me know they sent me what I selected on the site.. So I get my email 13-14.. NO, He also lets me know I can only return it with a restocking fee if its unopened as my model doesn't come out until late JUNE....

So I have my intake, full exhaust, ZAFM, Pair block offs, my oil, and zbomb... and I'm only waiting on this part.

How do you guys think this will be handled? Will the site sponsor step up and correct the mistake which wasn't mine? I hope so! Stay tuned!

Also, if something isn't true that I posted I welcome the vendor to explain, there are two sides to every story.
So they sent you the wrong part and want you to pay the restocking fee? How can that be right? I read way too many negative posts about MotoMummy.
post #3 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 05:35 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,718 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcel View Post
I read way too many negative posts about MotoMummy.
Bullsh1t.

There are two sides to every story, and I'm sure that we'll hear the other side soon.

post #4 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

As of right now they don't want to take the item back at all since I peeled off the plastic from the box to get the instructions out...I'm holding out hope that they will come through though... Can't be negative too quick! They are a large vendor on this site, I requested management from the last email I received. Holding out hope!
post #5 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 05:39 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Bullsh1t.

There are two sides to every story, and I'm sure that we'll hear the other side soon.
Please don't tell me what I have read and what I haven't. I don't appreciate being called a liar. I have seen numerous negative reviews about their customer service on various sites.

I have only had one experience with them and I ended up having to order it from another place due to them taking forever to get it in stock without ever telling me it was back ordered.

Hell, just check out the yelp reviews.

Last edited by lowcel; 05-03-2014 at 05:43 PM.
post #6 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

As you can see its apparent why this could be confusing. It seems the site and vendor both are making mistakes.

Last edited by Aqualime; 05-03-2014 at 05:48 PM.
post #7 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 05:45 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Bullsh1t.

lol, I've just decided this guy comes off a tad abrasive I wouldn't take it to heart. I'm sure he has a lot of experience and adds a ton to this site.
post #8 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 05:45 PM
Knee Dragger

(as my model doesnt come out till June)? What you mean? they knew they didnt have the right part since it only comes out in june but still sent you the bazzaz knowingly its not the right product.
post #9 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 05:52 PM
Knee Dragger

sucks to hear though. ive ordered from them and communication was great and def made sure to send the right item threw communication. im pretty sure motomummy will not let you hang. they are the top site vendor and its for a reason. hope all ends well.

(its not like you bought from (VENOM) lol

Last edited by luka600r; 05-03-2014 at 05:54 PM.
post #10 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

This is where it gets confusing to me as well. The first time I called, before my order shipped, I was told they were receiving it that day. My email says the part doesn't exist until June... But its on the site. You can see how I'm confused and aggravated.
post #11 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 05:56 PM
Knee Dragger

yes indeed it is confusing they are selling something that they cannot possibly have since by the email its not even on the market yet
post #12 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

There is my current conversation. So confused...
post #13 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 06:12 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:

There is my current conversation. So confused...
So they saying they won't take it back at all since you opened it? That doesn't seem right. Hopefully Corey will get on here and straighten things out for you.
post #14 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 06:21 PM
Knee Dragger

then if he is right unfortunately you wont be able to have it from any other websites since the product itself wont be available to customers until late june. so might as well put your bike together without it or get the pcV.
post #15 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 06:23 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Well Corey got back to me and it looks promising. He asked what the model number on the box was. He said he thought I wanted a new model of bazzaz not the new model of the CBR600RR.. So insider information that Bazzaz might be coming out with a new model of ZFI?? :-p

I'm calming a little bit, I just wish this was a faster response like on the phone...

Its always good to see how a vendor handles issues along with the good reviews. So far I'm not turned off from the deal, I'm just glad I document everything I do anymore.
post #16 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 06:35 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Well Corey got back to me and it looks promising. He asked what the model number on the box was. He said he thought I wanted a new model of bazzaz not the new model of the CBR600RR.. So insider information that Bazzaz might be coming out with a new model of ZFI?? :-p

I'm calming a little bit, I just wish this was a faster response like on the phone...

Its always good to see how a vendor handles issues along with the good reviews. So far I'm not turned off from the deal, I'm just glad I document everything I do anymore.
Sounds promising. I hope everything works out for you.
post #17 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 06:36 PM
Knee Dragger

indeed they will try their best to resolve issues. they do make mistakes. but most of the time will try to make up for it if they were the faulty party.
post #18 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 06:46 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Alright after many emails... well, he believes that they are the same thing minus the o2 simulator... I will be calling Bazzaz Monday and seeing about this and if they can send me an o2 simulator or if they need motomummy to do so... I can tell he really doesn't want me to return the item. But seems possible if he HAS to.

Its not what I ordered though, he showed me their order form, I saw the EXACT problem and the EXACT item I ordered on it, which didn't come to me. If anything about this is different I'll just sell it to a friend and order the correct part from Revzilla, I'm over returning it now...

My final say is I am not impressed as the weekend is rolling around, I'm scheduled for my mechanic Wednesday, and I wasn't able to set anything in motion. I'll post up some pictures right after this post... Oh well.
post #19 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 06:51 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

post #20 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

http://bazzaz.net/index.php/honda/cbr600rr-13-14 This is what I ordered

http://bazzaz.net/index.php/honda/cbr600rr-07-13 Not this... Its funny even the link says 07-13 but if you click on it the site states clearly for the 07-12 only....

Maybe I'm being a princess about everything but hell.
post #21 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 07:40 PM
Knee Dragger

dont think its being princess. its about getting what you actually ordered.
post #22 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 07:44 PM
Moto GP Racer

You should expect to get the proper service, but I know for a fact that the comment above about too many negative comments was BS. Cory takes care of his customers.

Too many people that have never used a particular vendor will jump on the bandwagon when they hear something negative. People love to join in on a **** storm.
post #23 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 07:51 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
I find it weird that you're having this issue. A wrong sprocket was sent to me, I sent it back and they exchanged it with no restocking fees. Call them up. Emails take too long to go back and forth.
post #24 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 08:03 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry-nyc View Post
I find it weird that you're having this issue. A wrong sprocket was sent to me, I sent it back and they exchanged it with no restocking fees. Call them up. Emails take too long to go back and forth.
I called and was directed to do returns through the email, sounded like whoever takes care of it (Corey for me) was out of the office.

His emails don't come off as condescending or anything but it should be as simple as "The part number you ordered doesn't match the one you received" "Please send it back for a replacement."

Not "It might fit, it should, call Bazzaz and let me know since the wrong part went out"

I see that they think they sent out the right part... even though on the site they list a part Specifically for 13-14 which is what I ordered... not 07-13. If I had seen that I would have ordered from elsewhere.

I know I can tell I'm coming off as a ****, I really can, but seriously... Motomummy/Corey is welcome to chime in and look at all the pictures and messages and see why it is so confusing but I know I would have handled it differently.

If I complained a ton I'm sure it would go my way, but simply, I'll call Bazzaz Monday, if its wrong I'm just selling it and next daying one from Revzilla as I've ordered every part I listed from them, some price matched, and Every part came between 1-3 days except for my exhaust which drop shipped from Akrapovic in Cali, it took 4-5.
post #25 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 08:23 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
You should expect to get the proper service, but I know for a fact that the comment above about too many negative comments was BS. Cory takes care of his customers.

Too many people that have never used a particular vendor will jump on the bandwagon when they hear something negative. People love to join in on a **** storm.
There is no doubt that you have plenty of knowledge about bikes but you don't have to always be an ass. I'm glad you are so comfortable calling me a liar. I guess you and I just have different ideas of what is too many negative comments.

People should not have to get on a forum and post in order to get motomummy to try to resolve a problem. It should be handled the right way the first time. Also, you shouldn't have to get in touch with Corey to get a problem resolved. Every member of his staff should be able to do the right thing the first time.

As stated earlier I have only made one purchase from motomummy and they screwed it up due to their lack of communication. I don't know why the hell I owe them a second chance.

Last edited by lowcel; 05-03-2014 at 08:26 PM.
post #26 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 08:32 PM
Moto GP Racer

Today, Corey let a group of us riders use his place to do maintenance on our bikes. I was out riding but I know a lot of people that were there. The guy rocks. Seriously.
post #27 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-03-2014, 08:45 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Today, Corey let a group of us riders use his place to do maintenance on our bikes. I was out riding but I know a lot of people that were there. The guy rocks. Seriously.
That is very nice of him however it doesn't mean anything to the people having problems. I have never said that he is not a nice guy, I have no idea what kind of guy he is. I have even said that I hope he resolves the problem for the OP. I just think it is a shame that so many people have to jump through hoops to get the customer service they deserve in the first place.

See there, I didn't call you a liar when you made a statement.

I actually love motomummy. They have great prices that Revzilla is happy to match.
post #28 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 11:22 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Well, this is how I completed the problem.

I called Bazzaz at 7am and asked if 07-12 and 13-14 crossed and the representative seemed adamant that it did not. They then told me it would be checked out to be sure... one hour later I didn't receive a call back. So..

I called Revzilla at 10am and asked them if I ordered the Bazzaz 13-14 model would that be what comes and even verified the part number. They assured me the part number was F347 and only fits the 13-14. I had them next day it, its on its way.

My good buddy has a birthday coming up who owns a 09 600RR, guess he's getting an early birthday present.

So I didn't leave out ANY conversation and took a picture of EVERY communication and part I had.

Recap, I ordered a part said to fit ONLY 13-14 bikes. I received a part that said on several different slips 07-14 and 07-13... Funny I didn't see that on the site. I only see 13-14 and 07-12..... When I ordered I called and its verified to me I'm getting an extra day of processing so they can receive the 13-14 model... and then the wrong one comes. I open it only to find its the wrong model, and I'M HAD TO JUMP THOURGH HOOPS to figure this all on my own. There's a reason these big companies use resellers. I understand Bazzaz needs to update their site or your order form Motomummy I do.. But I do see the model I ordered on the form, that's not what I got.

I won't be checking back on this thread as my mind is made up. Wrong part came, incorrect handling of customer service (having me, not you, check with Bazzaz), and not acknowledging that the wrong part was sent out... and it is the wrong part, the website needs updated if this is the only one you have for the '13 bikes and don't carry anything for the '14's.

If your wondering why I next day'd the part its because I made an appointment a little over 2 weeks ago to get in with our city's best mechanic/dyno. That's coming up in just a couple days (Wednesday). I had a hard time finding this part is why I waited so long to order it, and Revzilla didn't have it in stock. OH, WHEN I TOLD REVZILLA ABOUT THE NEW PART THEY GAVE ME $25 FOR MY TROUBLE. Good guys.

You guys can form your own opinions on how I'm handling the situation and how the vendor handled his side. I still don't think they are bad guys, I however will NEVER order anything from them again.
post #29 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 12:23 PM
Premium Member

Garage
Quote:
This has absolutely nothing to do with Motommumy or their customer care...

If you have a personal thing with Corey (no gay stuff!) good for you, but standing out for a private company because of this... Well, not completely right...

I'm sure he is a cool guy, I'm also sure he is not Mr. Motomummy... and I did read all the bad feedback, and its there, and its real...

I just don't know why you always react so "violently" to certain posts... It's a shame, coz I know you give a lot to the forum and a lot of people could benefit from that...

Honda CBR600RR 2003 - Gone! (the blond)

Honda CBR600RR 2007 - On the road! (the brunette)
post #30 of 37 (permalink) Old 05-05-2014, 07:12 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
The parts are 100% the same except for the o2 elim. Same with the Dynojet products. The Bazzaz distributor and Bazzaz have some labeling issues but what our sales guys sent you States 2013 and as we noted Saturday night there are labeling issues, but we would fix it if need be, but we never heard back from you. All you need the is o2 elim, nothing more. There is no need to make it this big of a deal and in fact I didn't see this thread until just now. We sent you what their distributor had as the model that fits. It appears they had labeling issues between them and Bazzaz, but knowing what it is we know you only need the o2 elim and a simple call to Bazzaz should fix that as we stated. We could do this for you, but playing the middle man will slow it down compared to a direct call (as long as bazzaz decides to ship it which most likely they would). If they will not confirm and send you the o2 elim you needed then did you contact us, but I don't believe you did? Had you, we would have sent you the o2 elim today as I have one on my desk just in case. I never heard back though until someone made me aware of this thread.

Also you did realize that ALL of my emails to you, all 6 of them were after hours on Saturday the 3rd. If I didn't give a damn do you think we would be sending you emails from home when we are closed? As my last email said "call bazzaz on Monday and please let us know what they say. Thanks." I figured they would send you the o2 elim and then you're 100% good to go. Today, first thing I called around to confirm what I figured and all fuel controllers only differ the 07-12 and the 13+ by that little 10 dollar elim. I went and pulled one from a product thinking I would ship it to you today, but you never contacted us back so we assumed they shipped you one. I was expecting 1 of two things "Bazzaz shipped the o2 elim on the house" or "they said the only difference is the o2, but they wouldn't ship it" and then we would. Either way, very simple solution, but we never heard back from you.

Last edited by motomummy; 05-05-2014 at 08:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page