Sport Bike Track Gear : Experience - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 12:58 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sport Bike Track Gear : Experience

TLDR Version : STG awesome, Canada Post ... erm not so much.

Just ordered brakes/bleeder and a new helmet (Bell Star) from STG (mainly because they had the auto tinting visor for free).

Brake stuff was super fast (within a week from order date to my door). Everything good.

Helmet order ... well it was interesting (Canada Post or USPS). Helmet again arrived within a week. Didn't talk to anyone directly except for Phil who answered the phone when I had a question about the helmet package. My brother tried to pick it up for me and told me it was damaged. So I phoned STG and Phil answered the phone. He had never encountered this so I was put on hold for a few mins. Came back and said he would need pictures and would start the process with USPS (the original shipper). OK no big deal.

Go to Canada post to get the package myself. Deal with one very angry Canada Post lady who was already pissed since my brother wouldn't accept the pacakge (mainly because it looks damaged and isn't his).

Top corner looks a little rough. Kind of like someone hit it with another box while stacking. Open it up, helmet box has a few marks on the very top above the bubble packing stuff (BTW sounds like a shotgun when you pop them ... AWESOME ... then I got yelled at by the GF!).

Auto tint visor was right above the bubble stuff where the hole in the corner was, they barely scratched the poly on the visor bag. So damage was superficial, opened up helmet box and check out the bag ... Bell has a LOT of padding in that bag. So between the bubble wrap and the deluxe padded bag I am not remotely worried that anything happened to my helmet. That and the helmet sits at least 6" from where the box got damaged.

Good Job STG ... Terrible Job Canada Post!

Adding Some Pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140611_161903.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	45.2 KB
ID:	129930   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140611_161931.jpg
Views:	95
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	129938   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140611_162043.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	31.8 KB
ID:	129946   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140611_162054.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	129954   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140611_183122.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	66.4 KB
ID:	129962  

Last edited by Flashpoint; 06-12-2014 at 01:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 12:11 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Thanks for the shout out! I got nervous when I saw the damaged pictures before reading the actual thread. That box looks pretty rough! We rarely see stuff get damaged through international shipping (luckily) but I guess you just got lucky.

If you were to get shipped a damaged box helmet the Bell Star is definitely the one you want. The bag they ship in is pretty tough. If that was another brand with a simple helmet sack we would probably be sending you a new one.

Again, thanks for the thread. I greatly appreciate it!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 12:28 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Thanks for the shout out! I got nervous when I saw the damaged pictures before reading the actual thread. That box looks pretty rough! We rarely see stuff get damaged through international shipping (luckily) but I guess you just got lucky.

If you were to get shipped a damaged box helmet the Bell Star is definitely the one you want. The bag they ship in is pretty tough. If that was another brand with a simple helmet sack we would probably be sending you a new one.

Again, thanks for the thread. I greatly appreciate it!
Yeah, my brother got an ARAI with less damage to the box but the helmet locking system was completely mangled. Had to be returned and it was a hassle.

Big props to Bell for that stellar bag. It's probably the only bag I'm likely to keep using, the other brands bags are relegated to holding my gloves.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-13-2014, 01:10 PM
BOTM Winner 05/15

Feedback Score: 28 reviews
I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Bell bag. Kept it when I sold my Star Cerwinske, and glad I did. Had my RS1 in it, and had a chair tip over onto my lid. If it wasn't in a bag, or in one of those cheap socks, it would've damage my 3 month old helmet. I would've cried.

Thanks Bell for making me not cry in front of everyone!

-Chad

"Logically, any motorcyclist can do 60* of lean. The trick is coming back up again." - Neal Spalding
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-17-2014, 09:08 AM
Pocketbike Racer

I'm just jumping on the wagon here, but wanted to say I love these guys. I always just email Brandon and he always hooks me up. Poor guy, I've been annoying him for about 6 weeks trying to find the right helmet.

He's bent over backwards to take care of me and has gained a customer for life.

Keep up the great work over there guys! Oh, and someone give Brandon a raise.

Flashpoint....What do you think of that helmet? I've been considering the same helmet in the same graphics.

2011 CBR600RR

Last edited by Spyderturbo007; 06-17-2014 at 09:10 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page