Street Skinns Seats - problem - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-26-2014, 05:22 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Exclamation Street Skinns Seats - problem

Hi guys,
unfortunately I am here to report my history with Wade.
Reading all the feedback here I made my order the 12th May and received them the 18th August; now I am not here to report all the communications in the meantime and why they took the double of the estimated time (one week was my fault) as he was providing to me also new seats so I was able to use my bike in the meantime, for sure I was thinking to use them a little bit more during riding season...

Once I received them I noticed some problems and between the 18th and the 19th I highlighted them:
  1. Some staples have cut the leather, here a detailed picture

He said me that "it does happen, shouldn't be a problem, shoot a couple staples back in it if you want"

the problem I see that there is not so much leather to put in new staples.
    Comparison OEM and custom, in the OEM there is much more leather to put new staples.

2. A wrinkle on the driver seat already visible once unpacked and even more once installed on the bike

even more on the bike

He said me "probably caused by the rear seat sitting on top of it in the box for extra time".
  3. They do not fit as OEM, there is really too much space between the tank cover and the seat

and the seat and the fairing under the seat

He said me: "the sides not fitting like factory is due to the covers being installed tighter than factory, some time in the sun will allow the material to relax an should get better with time, this will help the wrinkle as well"

here also two videos (only these are new to him as all the other pics have been already sent to him via FB messenger, where we used to chat) that show how the seat move, so for me no good fit, too much movements.

I asked to return them and being refunded because the three problems does not make me happy with my 415$ purchase.
Unfortunately from the 21th even if my messages have been read no answers to my requests.

Of course I have not used them and I do not want to use them as I am not sure that the sun may relax the seat to cover more than 1 missing centimeter, I am not sure if other staples will cut other leather with the usage and I have to find (asking to a friend) the right stuff to try to insert other staples that will be difficult due to the shortage of leather; moreover the wrinkle is really visible, if it will not go away?

I think also that this "missing space" on the seat will create problems if it will rain as the water will be directed in the battery tray from the sides and from the front too; not good at all (this is not happening with OEM).

I hate to post this thread but I am really trying to get my money back and being a vendor here where many of us are buying from him, I just want to let you aware of my problems. Of course if you think that I am wrong and all the above is normal to do not hesitate to comment.

If I get any communication I will let you aware.

thanks

--- 2013 CBR600RR ---

My Build Thread
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 05:46 AM
Training Wheel Hero

Sorry to hear about your bad experience and that you're not happy with your seats. Mine has a little bit of wrinkle also but maybe caused by my diamond stitch mine also has tiny gap and is a little bit wobbly when you shake it like in your videos! But overall I am pretty happy with them.

One thing you have to remember with aftermarket and custom made parts is that it is easy to pick on some things because you paid good money for them but no matter if bike or car they will not fit 100% like oem parts that is a fact! I choose to ignore the tiny imperfections and can live with it. I do not ride my bike in the rain often it is not my only means of transport and to me I do not notice the bad unless I am right up close or and looking for them..

I can see where you're coming from though so easiest thing to do is sell them or get a refund and stick to oem seats.

post #3 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traedayz View Post
Sorry to hear about your bad experience and that you're not happy with your seats. Mine has a little bit of wrinkle also but maybe caused by my diamond stitch mine also has tiny gap and is a little bit wobbly when you shake it like in your videos! But overall I am pretty happy with them.
thanks for your reply and your pictures, it seems anyhow that your gaps are smaller than mine.

Quote:
One thing you have to remember with aftermarket and custom made parts is that it is easy to pick on some things because you paid good money for them but no matter if bike or car they will not fit 100% like oem parts that is a fact!
I know it, but I can accept with Chinese products meaning if the market value is 1000$ and I spent 500$ I have to consider communication issues, imperfections, mounting problems, etc. Of course I will also accept them if already clearly specified once you buy the product, as I can make my valuations.

Quote:
I choose to ignore the tiny imperfections and can live with it. I do not ride my bike in the rain often it is not my only means of transport and to me I do not notice the bad unless I am right up close or and looking for them..
Usually I do not ride her too during heavy rain but it already happen many times that it is cloud and I go out anyway and then it starts to rain. Having water in the battery tray is a bad thing also considering that in that place there is not only the battery but many electronic stuffs.

Quote:
I can see where you're coming from though so easiest thing to do is sell them or get a refund and stick to OEM seats.
I really hope to get refused because honestly if I were the new buyer, I will not buy them if I were already aware of these problems (and of course I will do if this is the last option to get some money back) since the beginning or for sure I will reduce drastically the price. This at the end means for me "lose money".

Regarding the future, I have to wait in order to understand if I will recover the money and then pretty sure I will involve a local shop and do something on them, but once done locally, if they do not fit I do not pay, pretty easy ;-)

I will write to PayPal today but as 3 months are gone I am pretty sure I cannot do anything, so I learnt another thing independently how the history will finish: anything I will buy in the future I will make sure that I have a commitment on timings in order (if the case) to block the payment :) otherwise no deal

--- 2013 CBR600RR ---

My Build Thread

post #4 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 10:28 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Any update from vendor? I placed my order about a week ago.

2012- CBR250 ~ Sold
2006- CBR600rr ~ Sold
2012- CBR600rr ~ Sold
post #5 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 10:58 AM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,718 Posts
I hope they take care of it, I would definitely be unhappy with it as it is.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheX For This Useful Post:
gioarge (08-27-2014)
post #6 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbuddy16 View Post
Any update from vendor? I placed my order about a week ago.
No man, after three messages on FB chat (where we used to communicate) not answered (in three different days) and all read, I posted this thread. I hope he will reply here. I am also in contact with PayPal, they cannot refund me but they will accept my report and consider it in case of future other reports (for sure I will wait some time before doing it)

--- 2013 CBR600RR ---

My Build Thread
post #7 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 01:38 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Update for you guys as I got an answer few minutes ago.

He was pondering a solution (maybe a short message to say "I am thinking would have been good my side") and he provided explanation to the points:
  1. staples: can be installed new ones - I highlighted again that vinyls is less than OEM, I can ask to install new ones yes but then if this re-happen?
  2. wrikle: happened during shipment as pictures shared once done they do not have it - my side shipment is part of the purchase process and it looks really bad on the bike (really visible)
  3. gaps: they are normal as custom will never fit as OEM - I said that mine gaps are too much (also compared to other member pictures) and that should be said to all the customers.

He highlighted to me that he spent 210$ between embroidery, new seats and international shipping and a full refund is not possible.
I said that between custom duties and re-ship back them I will spend about 100$ (as the seats may be reused for sure his side - payed 100$).

But at the end he may fix and resell them and will get some money back, I will stay with three months waiting and 100$ completely lost, so my side I think (and you guys please comment/suggest whatever you want) it is a good compromise.

--- 2013 CBR600RR ---

My Build Thread
post #8 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 01:52 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,718 Posts
Shipping caused the wrinkle? My ass. He needs to cover this, and make the customer happy. You should NOT have to do any staples. That's stupid.
The Following User Says Thank You to TheX For This Useful Post:
gioarge (08-27-2014)
post #9 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 02:15 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Shipping caused the wrinkle? My ass. He needs to cover this, and make the customer happy. You should NOT have to do any staples. That's stupid.
About the wrinkle, below are the pics he sent me before shipping and you know how I received them. The box was perfect once received, seats were wrapped with some thin paper and there were some compressed plastic bags in the box; the seats were overlapped (I do not remember in which position). Does the shipping caused the wrinkle? Yes or no I think that I have something not good so I will not keep them and anyhow I am loosing money not for my faults.

Let's see his reply hoping he will not take another week.

pics:

--- 2013 CBR600RR ---

My Build Thread
post #10 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 02:21 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Pictures before shipping

See any wrinkles?

There were no wrinkles on the seat when it was shipped, the seats were shipped together, Shipping companies sometimes are not the most gentle with packages, with the passenger seat sitting on top of the front seat would it be out of the question that they had other boxes stacked on top of them with enough weight to cause the material on the front seat to stretch????

These seats were shipped overseas on a plane, international Shipping has its risks.

you said time was not an issue with these seats as you were keeping your stock seats, and knowing it would take extra time since you had me come up with a custom design and added embroidery plus dealing with international shipping.

the seat pan wiggling when installed is news to me and was never brought to my attention, No idea what would cause this as I use OEM seats, The seat pan on my seat should look exactly like the seat pan you removed from your bike. (let me know if there appears to be any differances)

I agree the customer should not have to re staple the cover in a few spots, however a couple of the staples did end up cutting the vinyl at some point, there is enough material to re staple it, (if customer wants to have a shop re staple the cover I will reimburse that cost)

the cover happens to be stretched a bit tighter than factory leaving a 1cm gap, This seems to be the biggest concern here. the material will relax with a bit of heat and seat time, while they may never be an exact fit like factory, they will get better. leaving you with a 1/2-1/4 cm gap (1/4-1/8")

if this was a standard order within the US I would say no problem, if you are unhappy send the seat back to me and I will refund, but due to the special circumstances with this order I am having a hard time accepting a full refund as the answer.

I hate having unhappy customers, would other members here please help with a solution now that both sides have been heard.
post #11 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 02:42 PM
Knee Dragger

I would also be willing to re sew on the bottom piece and re staple the cover back on, relaxing the fitment so the foam goes back to oem shape and cover return international shipping,
post #12 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 02:43 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Sorry but I need to add few things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetSkinns View Post
Pictures before shipping
See any wrinkles?

There were no wrinkles on the seat when it was shipped, the seats were shipped together, Shipping companies sometimes are not the most gentle with packages, with the passenger seat sitting on top of the front seat would it be out of the question that they had other boxes stacked on top of them with enough weight to cause the material on the front seat to stretch????

These seats were shipped overseas on a plane, international Shipping has its risks.
I posted them, I am trying to be political correct as much as I can and I hope you recognize this. Also local shipments are going by plan so if it is due to the shipment, it can happen also to local one (At least here in Italy that is not so big like the states).

Quote:
you said time was not an issue with these seats as you were keeping your stock seats, and knowing it would take extra time since you had me come up with a custom design and added embroidery plus dealing with international shipping.
yes sure and once paid you told me "usually around 3-4 weeks, might take a bit longer with the embroidery" so yes they took more and I am not complaining about this and again once I asked via FB (because you never contacted me about the delays) I think I was again pretty polite. correct me if I am wrong.

Quote:
the seat pan wiggling when installed is news to me and was never brought to my attention, No idea what would cause this as I use OEM seats, The seat pan on my seat should look exactly like the seat pan you removed from your bike. (let me know if there appears to be any differances)

I agree the customer should not have to re staple the cover in a few spots, however a couple of the staples did end up cutting the vinyl at some point, there is enough material to re staple it, (if customer wants to have a shop re staple the cover I will reimburse that cost)

the cover happens to be stretched a bit tighter than factory leaving a 1cm gap, This seems to be the biggest concern here. the material will relax with a bit of heat and seat time, while they may never be an exact fit like factory, they will get better. leaving you with a 1/2-1/4 cm gap (1/4-1/8")

if this was a standard order within the US I would say no problem, if you are unhappy send the seat back to me and I will refund, but due to the special circumstances with this order I am having a hard time accepting a full refund as the answer.

I hate having unhappy customers, would other members here please help with a solution now that both sides have been heard.
Both 3 problems are concerns for sure, one bigger. I agreed on losing 100$ (more or less) i really do not know what I can do more.
At least I am glad that the "both sides" wrote the same things, it is just a matter of agreement of how much $ each one of us have to lose.

Any ideas/suggestions is welcome.

--- 2013 CBR600RR ---

My Build Thread
post #13 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 02:51 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Tbh and IMO you need to give a full refund to make this right. When you get the seat back fix the mistakes and then sell it in your area to clear out your own loss profits and hopefully come out even. This comes down to quality control. The wrinkle obviously you can't do anything about but the wobble and gaps are something you should've checked by mounting it yourself. I'm not so sure about the heat and seat time idea either because anymore stretching to the material to cover gaps sounds like it'd just increase the amount of wrinkles.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2A7X3. Aircraft Structural Maintenance.

Any corrosion (Paint, priming, identification, etc) or Fabrication (Sheetmetal, Fiberglass, Tubing, etc)
questions, go ahead and ask and I'll do the best to respond to the best of my knowledge.

Current : '08 CBR1000RR 20160213
Wrecked: '05 CBR600RR 20151221 RIP

Crashes: 2 minor low speed lowsides, 1 50MPH impact.
Injuries: 0 Broken bones, possible tear in shoulder.
post #14 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 02:52 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

If the product was fine and the purchaser just decided he didn't want it anymore then a partial refund I would agree with. But trying to get out of a full refund for a defective piece just doesn't cut it for me.

Any corrosion (Paint, priming, identification, etc) or Fabrication (Sheetmetal, Fiberglass, Tubing, etc)
questions, go ahead and ask and I'll do the best to respond to the best of my knowledge.

post #15 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 03:09 PM
Knee Dragger

The wabble makes zero sense as i use oem seats, the plastic pans are exactly thee same.

There is no way to test fit every seat on a bike before it gets shipped.
post #16 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 03:54 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I think the best thing to do here to avoid the delays etc of return/international shipping is for the OP to take to a shop in your area and get them to fix your concerns about the wrinkle and fitment of seats on your bike. In return the vendor would cover the cost involved and both would come to a happy medium.

I have a little wobble and gap also but not as much (haven't ridden bike yet!) the seats do look a bit flatter than the oem seats as yes the material is stretched tighter. It is an oem plastic pan as it looks exactly like the seats I took off. I would agree it would be extremely hard to test fit all seats that leave the factory without having every single bike laying around in the shop.

I hope the issue can be sorted easily without turning into a **** fight..
post #17 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 04:10 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Just wondering, my seat pan for an '03 actually has washers that go through the bolt holes. Does this apply to your '13, and if so did you make sure to transfer the washers? This could be the cause of your wobble.

'03 600 RR - ~33,000 miles (14,000 from me)
Yoshimura RS-5 Slip on - Arrow Stainless Headers - BMC Street Filter - PCV - EK 520 Chain on Driven Sprockets - CoreMoto Stainless Lines (F+R) - Dan Kyle PAIR Delete - The2Wheels Shorty Levers - Vortex V3 Rearsets - Woodcraft Frame Sliders & Bar Ends - Woodcraft Stator and Clutch Covers - Cox Radiator Guard - Renthal Dual Compound Grips - 1000RR Kill Switch and Throttle Housing - TST IT and FE - Proton Flushmounts
post #18 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 04:19 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
I think the best thing to do here to avoid the delays etc of return/international shipping is for the OP to take to a shop in your area and get them to fix your concerns about the wrinkle and fitment of seats on your bike. In return the vendor would cover the cost involved and both would come to a happy medium.
Agree, gioarge there are several person here in Italy that can solve 90% of the problem that you have, i can share a really valuable expert into motorcycle cover near milan if you need
Quote:
+1
i'm in the business of IT and i work daily with international shipping and international laws. Honestly i don't think that the travel here is the problem, i receive tons of products from Asia and USA with value of hundred of dollars and they arrive in italy better than local shipping.
Probably the liner become a little bit relaxed after the departure and it result on some wrinkles. Best solution, imo, is get fixed the seat in Italy but if gioarge don't wanna spend more time in this story the only way to get out of this situation is resend the material into USA and when it arrive StreetSkinns will give back the sum minus the shipping cost payed for first shipping(that is a "service to lose").
this is what the European law say concerning the return to the seller policy.
post #19 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 04:22 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Yes, by all means pursue different routes to resolve this but if in the end it comes down to a refund there shouldn't be any debate in giving a full refund.

The Following User Says Thank You to YG27 For This Useful Post:
gioarge (08-27-2014)
post #20 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 04:34 PM
BOTM winner 01/14

I just wanted to add that I had Streetskins seats. There was a gap in mine as well(although not nearly as much as yours) and after riding for a the summer on it, this gap never closed or got smaller. I keep mine garaged and the only time it was in the sun was when I was riding it.

Personally I think should just be sent back and refunded in full. The buyer should have to pay return costs if this is the route that you want to go but otherwise everything that was paid should be refunded. Then it is the decision of the seller/producer what to do with the seat. If the actual seat is wobbling then the cover/gel etc can be removed and placed on another seat and resold.

Just my opinion.
The Following User Says Thank You to rockhillcbr For This Useful Post:
gioarge (08-27-2014)
post #21 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 05:04 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:

I have a little wobble and gap also but not as much (haven't ridden bike yet!) the seats do look a bit flatter than the oem seats as yes the material is stretched tighter. It is an oem plastic pan as it looks exactly like the seats I took off. I would agree it would be extremely hard to test fit all seats that leave the factory without having every single bike laying around in the shop.

I think that if I go to a local vendor all the fixes will cost more than the 110$ that the vendor should lose. Moreover I have something that should be new that is already fixed without having used it and then if something happen after one month? is it due to the vendor or the fix done here in Italy? Sorry guys but I think this could not be a solution and may introduce further problems.
I am the last one that want a fight, I just opened this thread as after some days I didn't get a feedback where we used to chat. No fight at all please, just an agreement between gentlemen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G Money View Post
Just wondering, my seat pan for an '03 actually has washers that go through the bolt holes. Does this apply to your '13, and if so did you make sure to transfer the washers? This could be the cause of your wobble.
'13 is different, no washers (link). thanks for the suggestion, it would have been great if it were just this :)

--- 2013 CBR600RR ---

My Build Thread
post #22 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 05:11 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domia View Post
Agree, gioarge there are several person here in Italy that can solve 90% of the problem that you have, i can share a really valuable expert into motorcycle cover near milan if you need
+1
i'm in the business of IT and i work daily with international shipping and international laws. Honestly i don't think that the travel here is the problem, i receive tons of products from Asia and USA with value of hundred of dollars and they arrive in italy better than local shipping.
Probably the liner become a little bit relaxed after the departure and it result on some wrinkles. Best solution, imo, is get fixed the seat in Italy but if gioarge don't wanna spend more time in this story the only way to get out of this situation is resend the material into USA and when it arrive StreetSkinns will give back the sum minus the shipping cost payed for first shipping(that is a "service to lose").
this is what the European law say concerning the return to the seller policy.
thanks for the offer but coming to Milan will add costs, motorway, gasoline, etc etc
Then as said I want something new that fits, nor adjust again it and then having problems with possible warranties etc etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockhillcbr View Post
I just wanted to add that I had Streetskins seats. There was a gap in mine as well(although not nearly as much as yours) and after riding for a the summer on it, this gap never closed or got smaller. I keep mine garaged and the only time it was in the sun was when I was riding it.

Personally I think should just be sent back and refunded in full. The buyer should have to pay return costs if this is the route that you want to go but otherwise everything that was paid should be refunded. Then it is the decision of the seller/producer what to do with the seat. If the actual seat is wobbling then the cover/gel etc can be removed and placed on another seat and resold.

Just my opinion.
I agree, I do not get why as I am an international buyer this is not "possible" or better will introduce a problem, because reading his post I got that if it were in USA there should be no problem.
Which is the difference for you in term of $? I was ready to have a 50/50 lose that they are for the vendor: shipping costs and embroider, for me custom + re-shipping cost.

I think that this is a good compromise for both considering that at the end after all I just lose money and the vendor instead can resell them or part of them. at least my humble opinion.

--- 2013 CBR600RR ---

My Build Thread
post #23 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 05:17 PM
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015

Thanked 1,266 Times in 1,146 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
maybe a 50% off on your seats and with the money you get back you can do 2 things: 1. leave it be and have not so perfect seats with money in your pocket, or 2. go to a shop locally and have them fix the issues using the money you got back.

from what it looks like, no full refund will come into play and sure don't sound like vendor would pay for you to ship seats back, so not a Win---Win for anyone, but then again i might be wrong

i also have these seats, also have the gap issue and movement... but it is what it is and i'm still happy with the seats over the OEM

YouTube Channel

----------------------------------------------------------------
kali_cbr600rr - build/progress (2007 blue/silver)
kali_cbr600rr - GoPro/Video adventures

4 sale: A Lot Of Stuff - Look at the "For Sale" section!!!
post #24 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 05:24 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I bought a set of seats from StreetSkinns and it took a little longer than he originally thought... he was not very responsive... but I absolutely loved the seats and the quality of them.

Just my $0.02. In this case it would be nice to see an effort to make the customer happy though.

---------------------------------

2>4
The Following User Says Thank You to MrNewEngland For This Useful Post:
gioarge (08-27-2014)
post #25 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 05:25 PM
BOTM Winner Jan 2015

I wouldn't be happy at all. You've put a lot of work into your bike and that doesn't even look like it was meant to fit our bike. I know it was, but those gaps are so big. I had looked at these before and I'm really glad I didnt make the jump and get one. Sorry this is playing out the way it is, he seems like he isn't very willing to make the customer happy.

https://40.media.tumblr.com/68b9f92683e3e0506dd727af79363281/tumblr_ntyw0v9hrk1ufoouto1_500.jpg
The Following User Says Thank You to shinfo For This Useful Post:
gioarge (08-27-2014)
post #26 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-27-2014, 11:12 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Bad quality, no on time delivery, bad communication. Sounds like a complete nightmare. I'd want a full refund and I'd most likely report to b.b.b

sold-00 cbr f4
sold-05 cbr 600rr
sold-06 cbr 600rr orange tribal
Current bike-07 cbr 600rr
The Following User Says Thank You to Roller For This Useful Post:
shinfo (08-28-2014)
post #27 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 04:33 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

To recap: the majority of us are saying that return+full refund seems the most appropriate solution but vendor is not accepting.

Vendor proposed to ship them back and then will add bottom vinyl, re-staple and relax fitment. Last action sounds strange as I have been told that “it is normal and will relax with time” and then sorry but we will add again another “shipment” that has been addressed as a cause of a problem the first time. Then, they will fit as I am expecting? I will have so an extra cost for the shipment and again custom duties, so more or less 150$. Total cost of the seats 565$. Sorry guys but this amount is to high.

Then we have a solution to let me fix it locally and ask for refund of what has been done: I do not see feasible because for sure will cost more than 100$ (what vendor will lose here) and I will have something new already fixed without even using it and could introduce problems if in the future there will be any issue with them as two vendors have worked on it.

There is the option 50% back and then I keep it as it is.

Now I want to understand: “if this was a standard order within the US I would say no problem, if you are unhappy send the seat back to me and I will refund, but due to the special circumstances with this order I am having a hard time accepting a full refund as the answer.”
As here the difference is the international shipment and during the contracting period he asked me an extra 30$. So if I send back the seats, is okay for the vendor to give me back 415$ - 30$ so 385$ ? (this is also what Domia said to be the European law on international purchases).

I want to close this transaction as soon as possible and close this thread with a solution for the benefits of all

--- 2013 CBR600RR ---

My Build Thread
post #28 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 12:28 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I have to say this thread has been a real eye opener. I placed my order for seats about a week ago. I reached out to the vendor when I saw this thread and asked him about it. He felt like this was an isolated incident and that his seats are still the quality that others have received.

Since I'm in the US I will keep my order with him and hope for the best. If the seats are sub-par and not to the quality of others I will ask for a full refund.

One of the guys I ride with that is local to me also has seats from this vendor. I've seen his seats and have seen the quality that can be produced. I just hope that this vendor has not gotten too big and can't fill the orders in a timely fashion with the same quality that he had when he first started doing this.

2012- CBR250 ~ Sold
2006- CBR600rr ~ Sold
2012- CBR600rr ~ Sold
The Following User Says Thank You to lilbuddy16 For This Useful Post:
gioarge (08-29-2014)
post #29 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilbuddy16 View Post
I have to say this thread has been a real eye opener. I placed my order for seats about a week ago. I reached out to the vendor when I saw this thread and asked him about it. He felt like this was an isolated incident and that his seats are still the quality that others have received.

Since I'm in the US I will keep my order with him and hope for the best. If the seats are sub-par and not to the quality of others I will ask for a full refund.

One of the guys I ride with that is local to me also has seats from this vendor. I've seen his seats and have seen the quality that can be produced. I just hope that this vendor has not gotten too big and can't fill the orders in a timely fashion with the same quality that he had when he first started doing this.
I think that you are doing the right thing and if I were you, I would do the same!
I always say that only who does not work cannot make mistakes, who works cannot be perfect 100% of the times.

I ordered from him just because everyone here is happy with his seats and I just read about communication issues thread, so I pressed the button...

But as my order went wrong, I really do not get why this can be fixed in the right way (refund), okay he will lose something but this is sometime the business, you make mistakes you pay for it. Here, I think, I am just paying at the time being also because if he told me during initial phases, pay attention any problem you should keep them because you are an international customer (or whatever) of course I would have skipped the purchase. Let's wait his answer, I am still confident.

--- 2013 CBR600RR ---

My Build Thread
post #30 of 84 (permalink) Old 08-29-2014, 01:06 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Street Skinns Seats - problem

Basically the vendor needs to cut his losses now rather then lose other potential customers, which means even more money lost, due to bad service.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page