Cheap kits are never good - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 05:02 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Thumbs down Cheap kits are never good

So last October/November I ordered a projector kit with the halo lights from ktautoparts, I received it in great time and had very little trouble figuring out the wiring diagram. All worked well with the exception that I had no idea where to tuck all the wires it came with (personal problem).

During the installation I noticed that the wiring kit itself was very flimsy and cheap. 3 of the thinner wires came off very easily when pulled on lightly, it didn't bother me too much and only took about 10 minutes to splice the wires with a better connection. Anyways, today I was relocating the ballast to hide the wires and somehow ended up removing one of the wires that connects to the halo lights. And for the record, I was taking my time with lots of caution and not pulling the wires for any reason. When the first 3 wires got removed I wasn't too upset because I could just disconnect the opposite end and splice them together, but it isn't an easy task to do now with the halo lights. The whole reason I purchased the kit was because of the look of the halos, now I'm currently stuck with just one.

Although I don't like the idea, I'm sure my only options are to either remove and disassemble the kit to access the projectors and reconnect the halo wires or live with just one on.

I'm not saying the company sells bad products, I may have easily just received a weak kit. But this is just my experience I would like to share with the community. I loved the fitment and result from the lights, but honestly wish the build quality would have been at a higher standard, especially from their wiring kit.

2006 Cbr600rr
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 09:51 AM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,718 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
All it takes is 5 minutes on Google to figure this out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page