Dynamica Mounting - TV Mount - Review - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 09:30 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Dynamica Mounting - TV Mount - Review

So, this is not a motorcycle product, but it is still a vendor experience and a good product. The wife and I just purchased a home and the family room really doesn't have many good locations for placing a TV. The best is over the fireplace, but we don't like to watch a TV that is hung that high up.

So, we started browsing around to see our options for TV mounts. We found Dynamic Mounting had a TV mount on some and had two configurations. One that brought the TV down and out from a resting position and another that brought it up and over, from maybe under a shelf or something.

We went with the down and out mount and opted not to get the swivel, as you can see the TV fine from any location in the family room, without a swivel.

That is where we wanted it, right above the mantel.

Here is the mount. It was very sturdy and came with a few different types of hardware to mount it. It did not come with hardware to mount to masonry though. Those fasteners are more expensive and probably aren't worth putting in every mount kit.

I held up the mount to the brick and the top and bottom rails matched up with the mortar joints exactly. This is when I knew it was going to be a quick and easy job.

I started off by drilling 1/4" pilot holes and followed each one up with 1/2". After I did it, I'm not sure it was really necessary to do the pilots. But it didn't take all that much more effort. This was only a one man job.

This is the hole pattern I ended up with, I pretty much held up the mount with one hand and then marked where I wanted the holes with a sharpie. I went with 4 holes along the top, just for good measure. I probably could have done 2, but why not do 4?

Here it is in the up position after we mounted the TV on. The TV hangs on the mount just about like every other wall mount or TV stand that I have used. Pretty straight forward.

I still need hide all of those cables, that's probably going to be the most difficult. My thought so far is I'll take off the mantle and cut out a channel in the back for the cables to run through. Then I only have to hide them in two small spots. From the TV to the mantle and from the side of the mantle to the cabinet.

Here it is in the down position. Much nicer to just be watching TV. There is a counterbalance adjustment on the mount so you can balance a whole range of TVs. I can lift and lower the TV with one hand and feel completely comfortable with it.

The kit did come with two plastic plates that can be color matched to hide the mount when the TV is in this position. We have not had a chance to work on matching ours yet. But, I'll follow up with pics once we do get it.

Also, as I was uploading pictures to my computer, the computer stopped charging and ran out of batteries. So, I pulled what pictures made it to facebook and am doing this at work. So, if my personal pc desides to charge, I'll throw up a few more pictures.

Their website is below. The customer service is great. Small company and despite not having a phone number to call, the responses are very quick.

https://www.dynamicmounting.com/

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime.

Last edited by Gashuffer; 05-15-2015 at 09:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 03:40 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
How much? This is exactly what I need.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-15-2015, 07:32 PM
World Superbike Racer

Garage
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Sweet man looks great. One huge problem tho! You need a bigger tv! After buying my 60 i regretted it should have gawn for the 70

2007 Cbr600rr Black

[SIZE=1]Tripage IT and Plate Bracket, TST Turn Signals, GB Case Covers, Captive Rear Spacers, Driven 520 -1 +2 steel sprocket kit, Spiegler Steel Brake Lines, Front Fork Revalve, Stomp Grips, Speedodrd, Dunlop Q3's, HRC Rear Brake Res, Woocraft Frame sliders, Shorty levers, 90 Degree Valve Stems, EK 520 Black/Gold Chain, Tekarbon Chain Guard, Engine Swap, Brembo RCS, Evotech Front Brake Res, SBS Sintered Race pads, Healtech Quick Shifter, Vortex Rearsets, and Trackdays!

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 12:24 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by digdah View Post
How much? This is exactly what I need.
It was $500. But we did the advertising stuff and got $100 back. It's pricey, but we don't need a tv stand now, so it kind of evens out.

Give a man a fish; you have fed him for today. Teach a man to fish; and you have fed him for a lifetime.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-17-2015, 12:25 AM Thread Starter
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mran556 View Post
Sweet man looks great. One huge problem tho! You need a bigger tv! After buying my 60 i regretted it should have gawn for the 70
Ya, no biggie. It's a 50", but a 4K. It fits the space pretty well. Our larger tv is in the basement.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in