BK Moto Customers - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 12:49 AM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
BK Moto Customers

Hey all,

I am curious of other user's experience because I'm not sure if I should be worried at this point.

Here is some background info: On March 15th, almost 3 months ago, I ordered an HID kit, paying out a total of over $800 for the whole preconstructed kit.

Since then, I have recieved no updates on my order. I waited about a month, I called their number and they told me that they are a little bit behind, and that my lights should ship out next week. Again, I waited a month, called back, and was given the same story. They're a little behind, should be out in about a week. I wait 3 more weeks, call back, and receive the same explanation. We are soon eclipsing my 3 month anniversary on placing this order.

I have never ordered online like this before, and when I have ordered parts from the local shops it usually only takes a couple weeks at most for them to come in.

When I read other customer's reviews, I see things like they are mentioning turn around times and order fulfilment in less than a week.

I fee like I'm getting scammed. Am I overreacting/being impatient here? Anyone who's ordered from them before have any insight for me that may help?

I am hoping to hear some positives from other customers before I begin the dispute process, as I see that as a last ditch effort.

-Zeroden
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 03:55 AM
BOTM winner 03/15

Garage
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
My order was shipped from bk moto to me in the UK in under a month.

It does seem that lately there have been more and more unsatisfied customers of bk moto. Most of the complaints I've come across have been about poor communication post sale, which I have experienced myself and I know of others with the same experience.

3 months is unacceptable. I'd call Boris if I were you.

UK '08 CBR600RR build thread: link *SOLD*
BOTM Winner 03/15

post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 04:02 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
"They" is just one guy. He puts together a kit of widely available automotive lighting parts for different bikes. A good value as he's done all the work of sourcing all the parts & developing a pretty much by the numbers retrofit. In short, despite an online store there's a difference between BK Moto & say a larger general parts retailer like SportbikeTrackGear.com. Being one guy the quality of service totally depends on what's going on with that one person in life. I know he's got a good product & in the past he's been very good with filling orders & providing support. These days he's been kinda absent. Look around the forum. Others have been having problems getting a response lately too. 3 months is waaay more patience than I would have for a kit after already paying money.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 09:08 AM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I've had my kit since Nov '13 during a group buy. Sporadic communications was happening then. Since then I've had issues with a halo 3 times. The first two he answer quick, replaced for free and shipped quick. I've had this 3rd halo out now since April. I've tried getting a hold of Boris just twice with no response. Not sure what's going on with him he was a regular here but I agree, I'd be super pissed in less than a month on order your size.

Contact Moeman, he may be able to help as this is becoming a forum issue also, if you have to open a dispute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Rizzo- View Post
hey pound town is going to take over as a saying
Keeper of the Bucket-2W1R

My build thread...
[/I]https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?p=6111490#post6111490
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 10:11 AM
Training Wheel Hero

I don't think you are getting scammed but I did go through the same issue. It took months (3 months or more) to get mine. I also would send emails and call to leave messages because he never picks up. He did eventually send me and email and explain the situation and eventually I got my headlights.

Now I having another issue because im missing a piece so its back to emails and calls to bug em.

I think eventually you get them, keep bugging and be patient.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,718 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Three months is ridiculous, under ANY circumstances.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-07-2015, 06:17 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Right....I mean, I would rather have the lights, but at this point I'm just going to try and get my money back. I've been told "next week" three times already. I'm at the point where words don't mean much now.

-Zeroden
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-11-2015, 06:26 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

So for anyone who may have been following this post, I gave Boris a call on Tuesday, just to give it one last shot and he told me that they are done, and will be shipped out on Wednesday-Thursday as priority mail. Today, he emailed me pictures of the headlights and tracking numbers, and said he mailed it 2-day priority air.

Can't wait to see them in person, because the photos looked great!

-Zeroden
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-28-2015, 11:28 AM
Knee Dragger

so, i would like to see the pictures! yeah no this guy wouldn't scam you. like PdubRR said, its a one man team (i think his wife helps not sure...) and im certain hes become more popular lately with motovlogers such as yummir6/dangerdan reppin his unique lights. i just figured out that if he doesnt respond in 2 days i just resend the email and he gets back to you. i could see him accidently forgetting to contact you back since he probably has quite a few receipts to process or other ordeals.

You can be a fast and highly skilled rider with chicken strips. All that means is you understand the limits of traction and speed as it relates to your cornering ability and road conditions.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-30-2015, 12:26 AM
Knee Dragger

Garage
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
In for pics too. Ive seen his work over on the R6-Forum and its always turned out stellar. I never really have heard anything bad about him until now but that aside 3 months is still ridiculous.
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-11-2015, 01:33 PM
Training Wheel Hero

I just ordered a light kit from Boris last week. He has already shipped it and I've talked to him in email a few times. My experience so far has been great.
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-12-2015, 09:28 PM
Knee Dragger

All it is, is that your either a chosen one or not, haha I sent mine back for a defect (easy fix I just wanted him to do it since he's the expert) it's been e weeks now and got an email saying he will ship them out Friday this week, can't wait to mess with that wiring nightmare again ;)

You can be a fast and highly skilled rider with chicken strips. All that means is you understand the limits of traction and speed as it relates to your cornering ability and road conditions.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-16-2016, 04:00 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
Three months is ridiculous, under ANY circumstances.
wth...no thanks. I want my stuff right away if i spent $$$
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page