Bad experience with 58 Cycle - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 12:54 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Bad experience with 58 Cycle

Not a big expensive problem but irritating nonetheless.

I ordered a "keiti" brand tank pad with all the extra pieces that go along with it that was pictured on their site.

What I got was a YanaShika tank pad that was very similar but was not a Keiti and did not contain any of the extra pieces which was why I specifically ordered that one.

Call to let them know that they sent me something different from what was on their website and that I ordered. I give Ashley the part no and she says that it's the Keiti pad that I ordered. I explain again that it's a similar pad but is a different manufacturer and doesn't contain the extra bits and that it's not what I ordered.

She's not very polite(while I'm being very polite) and she says I need to take a picture of what I received and email it to her.

PITA but I take some pics, load them on the puter, then email them to her with a complete explanation again.

Haven't heard a thing in over a week...sent another email....nothing.

I did explain that I needed this pad ASAP.

So needless to say, my experience with 58 cycle leaves me with no intention of doing business with them again.....be careful if you do.

'08 600RR and '08 GSXR 750

My former life with some moto stuff thrown in for good measure...
http://craigcollinsturner.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-05-2007, 12:58 PM
Post Whore Extraordinaire

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
sorry to here that bro... ive never had a bad experience with em...

Its soo good, ive never called em. just click order and get what i want ina quick and timely manner.

No more mod listing, shits is STILL too long

03 600RR > 04 1000RR > 06 R6V > 05 600RR > 06 R1 > 09 1000RR > 10 RSV4R :gun:
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 07:19 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by snikwad View Post
sorry to here that bro... ive never had a bad experience with em...

Its soo good, ive never called em. just click order and get what i want ina quick and timely manner.
There's always good and bad experiences....glad that yours have been good with them.

Here's a couple of the emails back and forth between me and Ashley from 58cycle.........I think you'll see why I'm not real happy with them....her logic kind of well.....defies logic :>)

58Cycle:

They are no longer made by Keiti. Keiti was taken out of the description on the website. You can return for store credit. Please let me know what you want to do.
Thanks,

Ashley

My response:

Ashley,

Thanks for the reply.

Actually, if you pull up the pic on your site(2nd page of tank pads/black and silver CBR) it shows a "Keiti" brand tank pad fully enclosed in Keiti's retail packaging with all the extra pieces that come with that particular Keiti tank pad......so Keiti is still very obvious on your site for these particular tank pads and that is exactly what is advertised and what I thought I was purchasing from you.........hence my frustration.

As I mentioned in my first email with the pics, I had ordered that tank pad as I got a new bike and wanted to get some tank protection on there before riding too much.....i.e. I needed it ASAP.

So, I since I didn't get a response from you right away and was in need of a tank pad I had to find something else..... which I did.

It seems to me that considering the circumstances, 58cycle should be willing to refund me completely, incl. original shipping charges when I return the pad as none of this was at all my fault.

Does that not seem reasonable to you considering the situation?

Thanks,

Craig

Her response:

The pictures on our site are not the specific part that the customers will receive. The part that the customer would receive in as listed in the description of the part that they are buying. Also our return policy is listed on the site and that states that we issue store credit. I can issue you an RA# for a store credit.

Thanks,

Ashley

Amazing.....what they have pictured on the site, that one orders based on said picture, may not be what they'll send you?????

OOOOOKKKKKK.....kind of defies logic...atleast in my little brain......doh!!!!

'08 600RR and '08 GSXR 750

My former life with some moto stuff thrown in for good measure...
http://craigcollinsturner.com

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 07:39 PM
Post Whore Extraordinaire

Feedback Score: 16 reviews
Yeah that biatch sounds like she doesnt knwo what the fut shes talking about.

No more mod listing, shits is STILL too long

03 600RR > 04 1000RR > 06 R6V > 05 600RR > 06 R1 > 09 1000RR > 10 RSV4R :gun:
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 04-06-2007, 07:56 PM
cyclesector.com

Feedback Score: 85 reviews
Quote:
The pictures on our site are not the specific part that the customers will receive. The part that the customer would receive in as listed in the description of the part that they are buying.
WTF?! Why would they put that picture then!?! That is shady.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page