Done w/Leo Vince & Starcycle - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 09:09 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Done w/Leo Vince & Starcycle

I'm very easy going and don't complain about much but dealing with these two companies has really irritated me beyond belief. Sorry this is a bit long. It's been frustrating for just a little minor piece.

First, I order my Leo pipe through Starcycle. I get it in about 10 days. Great! Think again, they didn't send me any of the spring fasteners. They apparently hijacked them for someone else and didn't replace them. So I call Starcycle up and they tell me to Leo Vince and if I have issues to call them back.

This is now a Tuesday. The guy I speak with at Leo seems irritated that Starcycle passed me over to them and that he had to help me. I asked if I could get them for Friday and says that won't be a problem. Friday comes, no springs, I give Leo a call just to check on the order see what may have happened. Hey, it could have just been held up.

Wrong again, there was no record of my call or that anything shipped to me. So the new guy I talk to says he'll get them out to me but it's late on Friday and it's now going to be a holiday weekend so I won't get them till next week. Fine, I'll deal with that.

I then call Starcycle just as a backup and they say now that they can't help me and to call Leo. Go figure!

I call Leo back on Tuesday just to make sure the order shipped. I ended up getting the same guy and he assured me that he sent them out. Snail mail of course and due to the holiday they may be a bit late.

It's now today, the springs show up. Rock on......who am I kidding.....I was shipped the wrong springs, one of them is too long. Calling Leo back, yet again I get the same gentleman. He says it's the end of their day and the shipper has gone home and he can't do anything for me until next week. I get no apologies or anything just a "it sucks to be you" attitude. He doesn't even offer to rush them to me, I have to ask if I can get them Next Day Air on Monday. His response, well I guess I could get them out Express if you need them that bad.

Uhhh yeah, I've only been looking at my exhaust for the last 2 1/2 weeks sitting on my shelf for a couple of springs. I even tried going to a couple of places that carry springs but nobody had anything that fit. I'm just glad I have other bikes to ride.

Honestly, if I didn't like the look of the exhaust and the sound clips I've heard it would be going back.

I just had to vent............
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-01-2007, 10:03 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Angry

that sucks man, what leo did you get and post pics when you finally get your springs!!!
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-02-2007, 12:08 AM
Proud PAPA

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Sorry to hear that dude, zracer and i both had good dealings with leo.

I don't ride fast, I fly low.
07' 600RR - War Machine.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-04-2007, 08:28 PM

Home depot should have those spring fasteners
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 06-09-2007, 11:04 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
wow... This reminds me why I buy big ticket items in person... Much easier to deal and return the stuff..
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 03:02 PM

i got the leo from starcycle. i had a great experence.. shipped it FAST. it fight right up. no problems.. A+ from me
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2007, 04:04 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i only got one spring when i got my leo. i ended up getting some aftermarket springs from a local bike shop to get my exhaust on. it is pretty frustrating not having everything you need to install something you've been anticipating for a long time....
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
From what I undersatnd, Leo Vince was going through a big move to a bigger warehouse about that time. That may have been where the problem was. The Idea that starcycle just pushed you off onto leo for the part you were missing, tells me a lot about starcycles customer service. If their service to you ended when they shipped you the Leo, you might want to look into buying from a vender that will work with you.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 07:33 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhawk View Post
From what I undersatnd, Leo Vince was going through a big move to a bigger warehouse about that time. That may have been where the problem was. The Idea that starcycle just pushed you off onto leo for the part you were missing, tells me a lot about starcycles customer service. If their service to you ended when they shipped you the Leo, you might want to look into buying from a vender that will work with you.
Reagardless of a move or not, still not an excuse for employees to be rude and inconsiderate! They got the customer's money, right? Starcycles should have been the one to do all this, because they sold him a unit that is incomplete.

[COLOR="rgb(0, 191, 255)"][COLOR="rgb(0, 191, 255)"]Check out the aftermarket parts and gear I have for sale. Pending ), Competition LTD FE, Sportsbikecreation FE!!!! Brand new 520 convertion kit, Scorpion and HJC helmet! Alpinestar GP gloves and Icon gloves.[/COLOR][/COLOR]
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-30-2007, 07:51 PM

Run down to your nearest car garage, ask the mechanic if you can have a few brake springs, they usually will have a friggin bucket full of them and they'll have every size and length imaginable.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-01-2007, 02:37 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyrr View Post
Reagardless of a move or not, still not an excuse for employees to be rude and inconsiderate! They got the customer's money, right? Starcycles should have been the one to do all this, because they sold him a unit that is incomplete.
Agreed, The move may have had something to do with the springs, but yes, no need for rudeness.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page