KUSTOM CYCLE Bad eBay - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 02:50 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
KUSTOM CYCLE Bad eBay

OK so here goes. I will TRY to make this G rated or at least pg13. Im sure some of you have seen my add in the wanted thread for front rotors. well I am going to give you the whole story here (and as soon as i figure out how to post pics i will, little help??) It all starts when my rotors go bad, so i need to buy some new ones. what better place to get a deal than ebay right(or so i thought) never having been screwed before. So I find some rotors, some of you might have seen this add it reads "THIS AUCTION IS FOR A FRONT SET OF WAVE ROTORS OFF OF AN 06 600RR, THEY CAME OFF OF A BIKE WITH VERY LOW MILES AND ARE IN MINT CONDITION. THEY SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS FITTING 03-06. JUST ROTORS WHEEL NOT INCLUDED". So I thought to myself wow mint ebc contour rotors for 220 sweet find!!! buy it now and pay via paypal. (seller has 99% feedback so i feel good).
I recieved the rotors within 3 days (pretty quick) I open the box and I notice they are a little blue but i know that doesnt make them bad. I quickly put a possitive feedback as im runing out the door (dumb move). that was a thurs. on saturday I took the bike and rotors to a friends shop (mind you an ex OMRA racer) who has offered to help me put them on (at the time i didnt have stands yet). he took one look at the rotors and said WTF?? so i looked a little closer and he explained what he saw to me. if you lay the rotors on a flat surface one of the rotors arcs up and the other arcs down around the outside edge of the rotor (cupped). he said no way these are junk. but we tried to put them on to see if they would work being full floating and i am stubborn. nope wheel wouldnt even turn and no pressure build up at the lever.
ok so this i could have handled a littler better but i loged on the the computer at my friends shop and went to pay pal and opened a dispute (kinda pissed i got screwed for 230 bucks, buy a guy who takes bikes apart and sells them). this is what i wrote "I have a small (well big) problem with these rotors. your add stated "THIS AUCTION IS FOR A FRONT SET OF WAVE ROTORS OFF OF AN 06 600RR, THEY CAME OFF OF A BIKE WITH VERY LOW MILES AND ARE IN MINT CONDITION. THEY SHOULD HAVE NO PROBLEMS FITTING 03-06. JUST ROTORS WHEEL NOT INCLUDED ". I cleaned up the rotors, and put them on my bike. the wheel was locked up. and there was no feel in the brake handle. I took them in and I was told they were severely cupped. ie the inside (hub) side of the rotor is raised from the outside. These rotors were more likely than not used on a track bike. so my issue is that this was not disclosed in your add, and these are in no way shape or form in mint condition. So I am asking for a refund. I will pay to ship the rotors back to you. Thank you for your help in this matter, Chris"
ok nice and to the point right. . well this is what i got back via ebay and personal email he wouldnt use paypal email until i forced him to "Its seems more logical to me if you have a problem with a product to contact the seller first to resolve an issue, you will deffinetely get better results, as paypal recommends to all buyers. But putting that a side, I will contact the person i bought them from and see what the deal is with the rotors, the only info i have is what he told me so i will let you know. I never had these rotors on my bike. " ok now keep in mind that he never had these on his bike.
so my reply "they are free floating, the problem is that if you put a straight edge on the rotor, one is arced up the other down. ie the center (hub) is higher on one. "Mint" means 100%. and i have had them now a Whole 2 days. received them on thurseday it is now friday. they might mount on the bike they came from if the calipers are still out of wack. and they got rid of the rotors for a reason im sure, if they were still "mint" they would still be using them. im not trying to be a **** but that was alot of money for track take off stuff that wasnt disclosed. and that are visibly not ok."
his reply ""that wheel was owned and used by Larry Pegram racings ryan elleby on the 2006 cbr600rr, it was fine and in excellent codition, they dont use junk or questionable stuff. i checked the disc before i sent them out and they were free floating, which it need to work properly, if he installed them inproperly on his bike and the calipers werent clamping right it would result in damage to the rotor. i know for sure it was fine when it left here, im sorry you are having trouble but it has been a while since you recieved it." That is the story of the rotors, I know they were still free floating when they left here, were they when you got them and istalled them??? If they were installed improperly or there is a small chance they were not compatable with 03-04 I never said 100%, but they should. If you drop the dispute you can send them back, upon receipt I will issue a refund, but they will be tested on an 05 to see if they work "
My reply "sorry about jumping the gun, i had a bad experience not to long ago because i was one day late. if you would like to call me i will try to explain better what the problem is. i could take and send you some pics too. actually i will be doing that here in the next couple hours so that we are both on the same page."
my email i sent with pics (still via personal email no paypal email yet) "
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif']Here are some pic’s they are kinda hard to see, but you can see that the outside edge one rotor is bent up and the other down. I just want to be clear where the problem is. As far as fit, the fit ok the wheels are the same from 03 up."[/font]
[FONT='Arial','sans-serif'] His reply " Dude, I am not giving a refund until I get them back. And if i give you a partial refund my paypal is still negative and usless to me. This is my final e-mail and plead with you to finish this nicely. I have done nothing but work with you on this, and spent way way way more than enough time with you. BELIEVE me it is not worth $200 all the bullshit your putting me through. I understand your upset and we can make things right, you are acting like mistakes don't happen, BUT if I can't make the payments as promised to my clients my today I am going not going to continue to help you with this. You are not being reasonble and screwing up my whole business. I pleaded with them to give me until Sunday to make paypament and that was hard enough. Anymore time will not be okay with them. Now I have at least five people waiting for payments and there are more everyday.
I will give you a refund if the rotors are as you describe them, I don't have a problem with that. I don't know how many times I need to tell you that, or how I need to spell it out. I have 99% feedback with over 500 transactions, you don't get that by screwing people over. What else can I say. I will give you the refund, but the dispute that should of never been open must be closed today(or you figure out another way for me to use my paypal account to pay my clients) or I can't work with you on this anymore.
Ross 707-5#9-$%^&"
his next email 15 min later " I do not mean to come off as rude, but I really do have people that are getting very upset with me about not paying them and are threatening to leave negative feedback on me. It takes me 3 days to transfer money from my bank to my paypal and right now my paypal is negative, If they start leaving me negative feedback this will make me very upset, I can't have that against my name, I hope you understand,
Ross"
my reply"[FONT='Times New Roman','serif'] Dude I'm way sorry, I didn't realize that this would mess up your account. Like
> I said I have been burned before. I have no intention of messing up your
> business or upsetting you. I realize I should have attempted to contact you
> through ebay first. I'm sorry to jump the gun and come out swinging. "
[/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif'] ok at this point i am feeling a little bad for not contacting him outside paypal first, but he could tell these were bad but remember he hasnt had them on his bike. (key point here )[/font]
[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']his reply " Hey, I can't use paypal, when you open a dispute paypal takes the money and neither of us have it, until the dispute is closed I can't do anything, I still have three other people waiting for payments from me that i really need to pay, So if it is possible to end this dispute and we can resolve this ourselves, which i have told you i will,
thanks
Ross"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 02:51 AM Thread Starter

part 2

ok now at this point im thinking if i end the dispute on pay pal i am fu%^ed if he decides not to give me my refund so im kinda stuck.
So sunday rolls around and post office is closed and ups. . . so here is what i send him via paypal "Ok, due to many e-mail from you out side of paypal. (odd by the way) I have decided to meet you half way. I will end the dispute on 2 conditions. 1. refund $150.00 now and 2. reply to this e-mail via paypal and include a promise to pay the remaining balance of $86.00 no later than 5 business days after recieving the returned part. I am sorry if this is disrupting your business or feedback but I do feel that I was lied to about the condition of these parts. You see and work around these parts everyday and "mint" is not the correct term for these parts. "track used" would be a better term. that aside the statement made by you "I cannot refund your money while the dispute is active" is not a true statement. I contacted paypal and checked on this. tomorrow morning these are going back in the mail to you at my cost. i wll provied shipping information then"
Fair right?? this way i get some sort of return even if he tries to screw me more yea??
so his first reply via paypal email. "AGAIN as I am telling you these rotors were WORKING before they were sent out. If you look at the rotors they are MINT condition, what you are describing for one does not make sense because they are floating rotors so they move around and are free floating so there is a good reason they are not level as you describe. And if the were a 1/16 of an inch off that is not something the naked eye would be able to tell by looking. EVEN after all this I told you numerous times that I WILL allow you to send them back to me. Usually when you return an item you don't get a refund until the merchandise has been recieved and is in the same condition it when out in. And if i refund you $150 my paypal is still negative and I will not be able to use it. You can go ahead and verify that with paypal if you would like as well. I HAVE DONE 100'S OF EBAY AND PAYPAL TRANSACTIONS WITH EXCELLENT FEEDBACK AND THIS BUYER IS MAKING THIS THE MOST DIFFICULT TRANSACTION I HAVE EVER DELT WITH. Mistakes happen & you are treating everyone out there like they are trying to screw you over!!!"
Ok point taken i am being hard because i spent alot of my very hard earned money on junk.
Next email from him within 3min to paypay "I have told buyer many times he can ship them back to me for a refund. I have been in constant contact with him, and working with him and he is being very difficult. How many times do I need to say just send them back and if I get them in the condition I sent them out in, I will issue a full refund. I have no problem with that."
within an hour another email to paypal "Buyer NEVER contacted me before opening a dispute, just went straight to paypal,Its nice to be able to work these type of things out ourselves, then when I told him right away he COULD send them back for a refund, he keeps making up excusses or new terms to the deal. Like Give me $150 now and refund the rest later, or he wants the money and the rotors (Odd by the way) I have told him the whole time he can send them back. Buyer does not seem to know how to handle these types of situations."
At this point i am done! me email via pay pal "Parts returned USPS #0305083000317172990 Please refund so we may move on. Paypal: Have many emails with seller outside of paypal email, if need will forward."
His reply "-mail were only sent outside of paypal because seller buyer sent them to me and I responded to them. I don't know why he's trying to make me look like Im hiding something when he's the one that sent the emails. (seems odd to me) And I have copys of the emails too if they need to be forwarded. thanks"
His next email (this i may need some expert help with i will email pictures of rotors to any shop willing to write me a letter on my behalf) "I recieved the rotors back yesterday and now I see why the buyer was acting the way he did. He must of damaged them while trying to install them himself, because them came back to me damaged at the mounting points, and now will not mount up straight. It seemed strange that the buyer got the items and left me positive feedback saying they were in great shape, then he must of damaged them trying to install them. Then he did not even contact me to resolve his problem, he went staight to paypal with a dispute. then after all of this I still offered to refund his money if he sent the rotors back to me. Then he tried to get me to refund his money before he sent them back to me, he did not want me to see that he damaged them. Then I got them back damaged, NOT like I sent them out to him. I have over 500 tranactions with almost perfect feedback(over 99%)you don't get that by trying screw people over. I wish the buyer would fess up to what has happened and not try to make someone else take a loss for his mistake. That is not right!!"
Wow now i bent the rotors installing them? can someone tell me how anyone can cup a rotor let alone 2 rotors exact mirror of each other during an install? when the bike never even left the stand? keep in mind we are at my friends shop not a DIY.
So my reply "The way that these rotors are damage there is no way to bend steel that way without heating them up to race temp. As indicated by the seller when I called him on it he fessed up that they came off of a race bike, which was never disclosed in his eBay add. The rotors were put on by myself and a friend who is an ex-motorcycle racer OMRA. I am an ex diesel mechanic, I know how to install parts. These were done according to manufacture guidelines. Yes I got the rotors and left positive feedback because they looked ok. . As I was running out the door. . I will be much more careful with feedback from now on. I have pictures of the damage on these rotors and anyone with any mechanical experience can see that this damage could not have been done from shipping or install error. The rotors are bent exactly mirror of one another. The only way this could have happened is the rotors were installed on a bike that was a little tweaked and run really hard ie race bike. Bottom line, I tried to reach a reasonable resolution with this seller who just wanted me to end the dispute. (ending dispute for less than full refund on Sunday when shipping was not available). Seller now has the rotors back and I want a refund."

This is now a Claim that he is fighting. he will not refund my money. he sells me junk and steals my money. if any of you are thinking that i am doing anything shady let me assure you i have 100% feedback on ebay, i work around law enfocement and the courts everyday. i am not a lier or a cheat. if i broke them that i would never ask a refund!!

This Scamer sells junk under kustomcycle on ebay. he lives in Rohnert Park CA. BUY AT YOUR RISK AND EXPENSE!!!!! I hope some of you know him or live in his area.

OK so that was a long vent not sure anyone will read the whole thing or any of it but i almost feel better now other than im out 230 bucks so far. ps thanks to sabor600RR for the hook up on some rotors. (should get these tomorrow). and thanks to all who replied to my wanted add.[/font]
[/font]
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 03:01 AM Thread Starter

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 03:02 AM Thread Starter

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 08:45 AM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
So I actually read the whole thing. I think you're in the clear on this. You obviously received damaged goods and warping of rotors don't happen no matter how poorly you install it. Unless you stomped on them and bent them yourself. My question in all this is, how were they shipped? Rotors are delicate pieces and aren't like automobile rotors. Either way, what I would do is keep the dispute going, keep him in the negative, and wait until it's resolved where he gives you a refund. You have pictures and expert witness. You should be fine.

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-08-2007, 10:27 AM Thread Starter

Thery were shipped to me in a flat rate box with a piece of cardboard between them and one sheet of newspaper. the bolts were just thrown into the box. I shipped it back with almost a whole newspaper as padding.
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 05:02 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
i could not find him on ebay...kinda odd :)
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 11:27 PM

i have herd bad things about them from several different people. i'll never use them
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 11:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by WesleyB420 View Post
i could not find him on ebay...kinda odd :)

kustomcycleworks. he is actually selling alot of 03-04RR stuff right now check # 220120377205
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Funny He is buying alot of stuff and not returning any of my money
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 11:32 PM Thread Starter

If i dont get My money back i may just take a ride down to cali to say hi. Its only a couple hundred dollars but its just bad business. and he claims to have a 05 600rr, all this from a fellow biker WTF?
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 11:40 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
File a dispute with your bank or credit card company. Don't rely on paypal. It's called buyer protection, and all creditors are suppossed to investigate claims according to Regulation E (federal reg. by the way).
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 11:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA2SD View Post
File a dispute with your bank or credit card company. Don't rely on paypal. It's called buyer protection, and all creditors are suppossed to investigate claims according to Regulation E (federal reg. by the way).
I used paypal and my check account i think. may have used the check card. may have a good idea there. Isnt it fraud to lie about what you are selling and steal someones money? and over the internet i think is a Felony?
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-15-2007, 11:46 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam4569 View Post
I used paypal and my check account i think. may have used the check card. may have a good idea there. Isnt it fraud to lie about what you are selling and steal someones money? and over the internet i think is a Felony?
Well, I don't think its a felony in this case, but if you used you're check card, most banks will refund your money in 3-5 days. If you paid by electronic check (ACH), it can take up to 45 days to get a refund, but in most cases, about 10.

But, you need to call your bank to initiate the process. Just let them know you want to file a claim. Your reason should be that you did not receive the goods/services as indicated by the seller.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-19-2007, 01:50 PM Thread Starter

Is it me or are these rotors off an 05-06? ebay # 220123364478. or did they put non black rotors on the 04?
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-27-2007, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

Did get my money back yesterday. What a pain in the Ars. will never buy from this guy again! spent the money on a PCIII lol. Perfect timimg on the refund (thanks paypal).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page