Problem with streetracerparts.com - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry Problem with streetracerparts.com

I am extremely frustrated at the moment because i thought i was dealing with a reputable internet company only to find out that i am now locked in to a buisness transaction with them, and all i want is my money back.

I placed an order with streetracerparts.com on 1/15/07 for a clear integrated taillight for my fathers bike. I recieved the part and soon realized that it was for the wrong year/make of the bike. This was my error because i ordered the wrong part. I sent an email explaining this to the company on 2/12/07 and they promptly responded telling me to return the item and it would be exchanged.

I was living at school at the time and the part was at my dads house, so i didnt end up mailing it back until 4/2/07. From there i proceeded to wait 3 weeks or so for the exchange to arrive. When it didnt show up i called the company and gave them my info, only to be told it would be shipped out the following buisness day (they never sent it out). I called back about 3 weeks later and recieved the same response. that it would be shipped out on the following business day. after waiting another 3 weeks or so (about 2 and a half months total) i called back to inform them politely that i no longer wanted the part and would rather have my money back. I was told that i would recieve a call back stating whether or not my refund would be sent. I never got the call. So when i called back once again i was told that my situation was sent over to accounting to be decided, so when i spoke with them they told me they could only give me store credit.

I then proceeded to be told by the "owner" that there is no way to send my money back as it would not go into their system because they had a 30 day refund policy, and the computer would not be able to process it.

So here i am stuck almost 7 months later, with no part or money. and i have no use for their store credit. I find it hard to believe that they cant send a refund through and i want to file a complaint with someone but dont know where or who to contact.

anyone have any suggestions????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 02:12 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

im sure "the system" can process a refund. that sounds like a bunch of crap.
but i do think that a store credit is fair.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-12-2007, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

yes i agree that the store credit would have been fair at the time i originally asked for the exchange, but after 2 1/2 months of wrestling with them to get the correct part sent, i dont want to deal with it anymore, 3 separate times i called and was told that the part would be shipped, and i never recieved it. to me this is bad business practice, plus my father has since sold his bike so there is no need for the part or the credit.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page