Experience using the company OTD Cyclesports? - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 10:36 AM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Experience using the company OTD Cyclesports?

I was wondering if any of you out there has used the company OTD Cyclesports to purchase a bike through them. They have an out-the-door price for a 2007 CBR600rr of 9,299. Does anyone have good or bad experience with them? Were you able to go to the store and pick your own bike? Any details would be appreciated.

D
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 10:39 AM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,470 Times in 1,721 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
I bought my '06 through them and I would absolutely use them again. It was a very positive experience and my OTD price was exactly what I was quoted, not a penny more.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 10:49 AM

i bought my 07 from them... i went in with a 9899OTD price that i saw in a ad.. they said the price has since bumped up to 9999, all i said was i saw the ad for the 9899 and they said no problem we'll make it work... walked in and 20 minutes later my 07 was in the back of MY truck.... very nice company.. I will definately buy from them again.. call a few days ahead and make sure the color is on the floor.. my red 07 was just getting off the delivery truck when i pulled up..

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 11:42 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Not a bad place to buy a bike

I almost bought a bike with OTD. The problem is; I live to far from them as far as service goes ( come to think of it, I don't know if they even have a service dept) But they always have a good OTD price! Here is what you do, bring the same ad your were looking for the price comparison and find a reputable delership who will match their prices. See if you can even get it lower. I know there is a site where they tell you the invoice of a specific bike plus what it cost for the dealer to put it together or the notorious "freight and set up fee" (by the way it only cost a dealer 200 bucks for putting it together!) Somehow they charges between 2-3 grand! Here in So Cal at least! Hope this helps :icon_stud
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 01:10 PM
Moto GP Racer

Best Price In The La Area You Can Get, Dont Expect Too Much Customer Services. On The Other Hand, When The Price Is Low, Who Care About Customer Services. You Should Get It From Them

RIP Phatty

Said whaaaa!!!
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 01:13 PM
S VEEEEEEEEEEEEE Thrasher

If I sell my 600, I think I might have to go to OTD to purchase my upcoming moto. I have heard many good things about them.

My option is either OTD or ALBA Moto.

post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 07-18-2007, 01:41 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyrr View Post
I almost bought a bike with OTD. The problem is; I live to far from them as far as service goes ( come to think of it, I don't know if they even have a service dept) But they always have a good OTD price! Here is what you do, bring the same ad your were looking for the price comparison and find a reputable delership who will match their prices. See if you can even get it lower. I know there is a site where they tell you the invoice of a specific bike plus what it cost for the dealer to put it together or the notorious "freight and set up fee" (by the way it only cost a dealer 200 bucks for putting it together!) Somehow they charges between 2-3 grand! Here in So Cal at least! Hope this helps :icon_stud
Why not just purchase the bike from OTD? They offered you a great deal with no hassles and now your going to give the profits to another dealer who would screw you over, on price, if given half a chance?

Also, the OTD dealers around here are no different from any other dealers. They have full showrooms, parts departments and service departments.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 05:14 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quick questions for those who have more experience with this...

I have a friend who wants to buy an 07 600RR.

I bought mine locally back in April at 10K out the door.

I'm certain the price should be less now, with the next model year coming up.

I called the same local dealer to ask them what their price was, but they just spewed the same numbers they gave me back in April. I know the owner of the dealership, so he got me the 10K price back then. It can be argued that this price was not a great "deal", but living in West LA, it was good enough for me.

My friend on the other hand is looking for the best price possible. So...how can I help him get a better price on this bike (cheaper), from some place like OTD? I noticed a lot of people use advertisements. Where should I look for these ads, or tell my friend to look for these?

Thanks in advance!

2007 CBR600RR Black/Silver
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 05:35 PM
Moto GP Racer

OTD gives you a price with no bullsh*t unlike. like Hahm they like to play the sales man games. so if you can get a quote from OTD most likely other dealers can only match that price, but other dealers rarly beat the price.

BTW all the Hahm sales mans are lying hoers, and I stand behind every word of this statement. back in Jan Fed when I was getting quotes for this bike, Hahm said they could beat the 10,200 price which was given to me by OTD, while my third source OC Honda said they could go for 10300. so I waited a week to see if i can get any more quotes. a week later, OTD called said they can get me one for 10300, but not grantee, while the Hahm said no one could let one go for at least for 10500. if those lying basters did not promos me that they can beat the price I would of sign the deal with OC Honda at the time with 10300.

RIP Phatty

Said whaaaa!!!
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 05:46 PM
Knee Dragger

got mine through them. if anything, just email them, thats what i did. they stay true to their word, even their emailed words. i like how there is finally a dealer who is honest, but some say that their "tactics" (read: honesty) are putting other dealers out of business.
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-27-2007, 06:23 PM

Tactics or whatever, it's definitely gotten my business (2 bike purchases from them) and referral business (3 friends referred purchased from them). OTD all the way! If it's a bike that I can get from them, then I will.
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 03:17 AM
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015

Thanked 1,266 Times in 1,146 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
here is some more info on OTD cycle: https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=83071

YouTube Channel

----------------------------------------------------------------
kali_cbr600rr - build/progress (2007 blue/silver)
kali_cbr600rr - GoPro/Video adventures

4 sale: A Lot Of Stuff - Look at the "For Sale" section!!!
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 06:18 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredTiger View Post
My friend on the other hand is looking for the best price possible. So...how can I help him get a better price on this bike (cheaper), from some place like OTD? I noticed a lot of people use advertisements. Where should I look for these ads, or tell my friend to look for these?

Thanks in advance!
Go to:
http://www.otdcyclesports.com/

Pick your bike, give them your email and they'll email you a quote in about 1 minute.
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 07:05 PM
BOTM Winner 02/09

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheX View Post
I bought my '06 through them and I would absolutely use them again. It was a very positive experience and my OTD price was exactly what I was quoted, not a penny more.
I had the same experience when purchasing my 07 through OTD.
First time I've ever bought a bike, but I don't have any complaints

Feb 2009 BOTM
07 white/silver RR
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 07:11 PM
Pocketbike Racer

i went through there. lookin for a suzuki gsxr600 they quoted me one price. i called them up to schedule an appt. it went up 200 dollars in one location. 400 in the orange county location. so wasnt too happy. but i did get the same deal on the quote they sent me at a different dealership. so all in all i came out on top
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-28-2007, 07:14 PM
Pocketbike Racer

i had the same experience when i bought my 07 wht 600rr. they told me the best price for the color i didnt want was 9400. my brother walks in the next day and gets 8800otd. wtf? hahah never again will i go to hahm. bought my first bike there they lie like crazy. instead i picked it up at champion motorsports. gave us a deal cause me and my brother bought one each.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wu_dot_com View Post
OTD gives you a price with no bullsh*t unlike. like Hahm they like to play the sales man games. so if you can get a quote from OTD most likely other dealers can only match that price, but other dealers rarly beat the price.

BTW all the Hahm sales mans are lying hoers, and I stand behind every word of this statement. back in Jan Fed when I was getting quotes for this bike, Hahm said they could beat the 10,200 price which was given to me by OTD, while my third source OC Honda said they could go for 10300. so I waited a week to see if i can get any more quotes. a week later, OTD called said they can get me one for 10300, but not grantee, while the Hahm said no one could let one go for at least for 10500. if those lying basters did not promos me that they can beat the price I would of sign the deal with OC Honda at the time with 10300.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 12:35 AM

Bought the wife a Black 07 today from OTD in Inglewood (L.A. Cyclesports). I thought that they were pretty damn nice and knowledgable as far as stealerships go. They even didn't try and rape me too bad on my trade-in. Probably one of my best interactions with a dealership.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 08:04 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Thank you to everyone who've provided all the insight regarding working with this dealership. I will be turning my friend onto this dealership first to see what kind of a quote he can get and then MAYBE try and dangle it in front of the local Honda :) Who knows, maybe they'll bite and match?

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 08:40 AM

not very many dealers will be able or even try to match their prices, but always worth a shot!

Quote:
Thank you to everyone who've provided all the insight regarding working with this dealership. I will be turning my friend onto this dealership first to see what kind of a quote he can get and then MAYBE try and dangle it in front of the local Honda :) Who knows, maybe they'll bite and match?

YouTube Channel

post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 10:02 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
Quote:
Nothing wrong with doing that, but I personally don't agree with it. I bought my bike from OTD, even though they were about 20 miles further from my local dealer. If everyone used OTD as leverage against their local dealer, they would not survive in business. Would my local dealer have met or slightly beat their price - probably. I like how OTD runs their business and wanted to support them.

2008 600RR - track only - sold
2009 Ducati Monster 1100S - sold
I am bikeless
post #21 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-29-2007, 11:05 AM
Moto GP Racer

wow, not bad. just got these quotes:

Honda 07 CBR600RR. Todays price is $9,299
Triumph 07 Daytona 675. Todays price is $9,499
Kawasaki 06 NINJA ZX-636 . Todays price is $7,999

edit: oh crap...CA and CO...i was thinking this would be one of those places with a TN location...hum...well, i guess CO isn't that far.

GET YOUR TICKETS TO THE RED BULL INDIANAPOLIS GP!! go to www.indianapolismotorspeedway.com or call (800) 822-INDY
post #22 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 12:56 AM

Here's a short anecdote on what OTD Cyclesports can do...

So, my friend walks into Berts Mega Mall (yes, that hellhole of a place) after getting an awesome quote from OTD Cyclesports via e-mail. Anyways, he goes over to a salesman @ berts and says, hey guys, what's the best price you can get me for an 07 Gixxer 750. He gives this whole spiel, and then said $xx,xxx for you. After that, my friend busted out the e-mail from OTD, asks the salesman if he can price match it...the salesman just looks at him, scoffs and says "I'm here to make money" and walks away butt-hurt. Needless to say, the next day my friend buys his Gixxer from OTD Cyclesports in Inglewood.

Once again, OTD will ALWAYS be my first choice for purchases, hands down.
post #23 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 01:43 AM

yeah, i liked the fact that i called hawaian ryan at OTD on my way there and the bike and paper-work were all ready for me by the time i got there.... this way i can get the heck out and play on my new toy!!!

YouTube Channel

post #24 of 25 (permalink) Old 08-30-2007, 06:53 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

You guys are convincing me that OTD is the way to go :)

I've already told my buddy to go with them and that all of you guys are really impressed with them. Hopefully, he'll get a bike soon and I'll have another riding buddy :) heheheh

Seeing the price quote on the Triumph makes me want to go buy another bike. hahaha (I haven't even paid off this one yet) :p

Damn...I can't stop looking at that Alba gif hahahahah

post #25 of 25 (permalink) Old 09-01-2007, 05:24 PM

Wewt Alba indeed....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page