Auctmarts repsol fairings (feedback) - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 06:32 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Auctmarts repsol fairings (feedback)

Hello, I have ordered the repsol fairings with sponsor decals from auctmarts about three weeks ago. I have been in contact with him via e-mail but have noticed that in the past three e-mails I have sent he has not responded. My last response from him was the "fairings are coming along smoothly and they should ship soon". I then asked if he has a rough estimate as to when they ship, no response. A few days later I resent the same message, no response. i sent another message yesterday and have still not recieved a response. I understand these things take time because it is a custom fabrication as to paint etc...and would not want anything rushed as quality is obviously importnat but an estimate as to when you think they would ship would be great. Anyways, any other fellow 600rr.net members have the same sort of situation?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 06:42 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
i've never ordered fairings from auctsmarts before but i have seen alot of people who have...

And the general response from people who have ordered those fairings seems to be mixed. Some people get their fairings right away and others take a whole month to get them. Just be patient.... i mean atleast this guy is legit.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 07:17 PM Thread Starter

Hey ipeefreely, man that is funny to say to myself...yeah you are right I have seen sort of the same messages. I would just like to see a response from him regarding the process. I mean he has been pretty good so far but just of late it has thrown it off a bit. Any how i just wanted to see those who have bought from him, how long they have had to wait.

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-20-2007, 10:01 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
yo this dude is a joke, I originally purchased a custom set flat black with gold stickers & he was takin wayyy too long, after like 2 months of waitin I made a complaint with paypal & got my $ back, do urself a favor bro & stick with oem

05 CBR600RR TRIBAL

I GOT A FRESH LINE UP, FRESH OUTFIT, BOUT 2 HAVE THE PARKING LOT ON SMASH...PLUS I GOT THE HONDA WITH THE 599 UNDER THE HOOD...THAT BITCH GOT BOUT 18 G'S UNDER THE DASH
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 02:41 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

his feedback on 1000rr.net seems really positive. I guess if you really can't wait just say you're going to call for a refund soon if he doesn't respond or something.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 11-21-2007, 05:28 AM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
yeah the guys at 1000rr.net really seem to love them
the original design wasnt that great but the average reported wait time is like a a week or so to a month. remember they are coming from hong kong.

the only negative repsonse for them is that you really have to protect the lowers from the heat of the exhaust. with heat shielding and exhaust wrap
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-07-2007, 09:53 PM

If it makes you feel any better I'm now on my 4th month of waiting for my fairings from Hong Kong!!!!!!!!!
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 01:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrej07 View Post
If it makes you feel any better I'm now on my 4th month of waiting for my fairings from Hong Kong!!!!!!!!!
Ouch! Are you still getting it?
I would have asked for my full refund already. .
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 05:37 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Anyone know where you can purchase insulation kits for the mids? Or what can be done to prevent melting?
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 07:49 AM

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
wrap the headers with exhaust wrap. is a good idea to also spray them with DEI header wrap waterproofing spray.
then use thermotec brand cool-it reflective tape.
some people have even went so far as to put thick insulating matting on top of the cool it.

on the 1000 page he seems to be pretty good about replacing melting plastic so even if one does go gooey he will replace it
post #11 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-08-2007, 05:41 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RShackleford View Post
wrap the headers with exhaust wrap. is a good idea to also spray them with DEI header wrap waterproofing spray.
then use thermotec brand cool-it reflective tape.
some people have even went so far as to put thick insulating matting on top of the cool it.

on the 1000 page he seems to be pretty good about replacing melting plastic so even if one does go gooey he will replace it
Thanks. I'm still thinking if I should I give the ebay fairings a try.
post #12 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-13-2007, 12:37 AM
Knee Dragger

u can buy heat sheilding that comes on stock plastics.
post #13 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-18-2007, 01:05 AM
Knee Dragger

Give him a chance, although after 45 days if you don't make a claim with paypal. Chances are you won't get your money back. Some people in Hong Kong make there living scamming people get there rep up and then **** over a couple people on high dollar items and then go and do it again.
post #14 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 01:49 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Hi - I bought a set from him back in August 2007. It took about a month to get here but he forgot a few pieces and some pieces were decaled differently then the pics on ebay. He responded to my emails and said he would send me new fairings - NEVER HAPPENED!!! Then he kept stalling until the 45 days were up to file a Paypal dispute and then again until the 3 months were up for feedback. Now, the guy won't answer my emails. Go OEM unpainted and get them done yourself. You can buy great decal kits on ebay for $70. Good Luck!!
P.S. FILE A DISPUTE WITH PAYPAL NOW!! DON'T TAKE ANY CHANCES!!!

Last edited by f1driver; 12-26-2007 at 01:58 PM. Reason: forgot something
post #15 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-26-2007, 03:10 PM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
I went OEM painted and paid less than Auctmart. No melting, no HK bull crap. And I'm so much happier with the OEM stuff. Incidentally, the feedback on 1000RR.net is much better because Auctmart is a member of 1000RR.net and the communication is better. One of the moderators is a test pig for Auctmart. So... that's why it's better. But overall, the fairings are crap. Thin plastic. Horrible, orange peel paint. Melting, poor fitment. Why would you want to spend $600+ again?!

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
post #16 of 26 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 12:43 AM

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
i have a set on my 1000 and love em.. i agree with the 1000rr net guys hes a ok guy with decent customer service especially being from the orient..
post #17 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Training Wheel Hero

auctmarts fairings

Hi - Just Responding Regarding The Auctmarts Fairings. I Left A Previous Post On This Thread. After Repeated And Failed Attempts Emailing Auctmarts Regarding The Fairings I Purchased In August 2007, A Guy Named Mike Answered Me. Once I Explained The Situation To Him, He Promised He Would Take Care Of It. I Was Skeptical Because I Had Heard This Before From Their Other Rep. Anyways, 4 Days Later, The Fairings Showed Up At My Door, No Charge!!!! I Was Very Happy!!! The Kit Is Beautiful And I Can't Wait To Mount It!!! It Did Take A While And I Had Pretty Much Given Up Hope But In The End I Got What I Paid For And A Tank Sticker As A Little Bonus For My Trouble. I Guess It Just Depends On Who You Deal With Over There. But This Guy Mike Was Great And Communicated With Me Daily On What I Wanted, Tracking Info And Even Followed Up Afterward To Make Sure I Was Happy. If Anyone Has A Problem With Auctmart Fairings, Send Me A P.m. And I'll Give You Mike's Email Address. I'll Keep Eveyone Updated On The Mounting Process - I Understand That Part Can Be A Little Tricky!!!! I'll Post Pics Once She's All Done!!
post #18 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 06:39 PM
Knee Dragger

im glad it worked out for you man, the truth is that i ve heard mixed comments about auctsmart but i dont think he has ever "screwed" over anyone, some missunderstandings definately( theres that chineze english language gap responsible ). Anyways it worked out im happy for you, keep us posted! dont forget to add pic's :D
post #19 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-04-2008, 06:55 PM
bcc

ive seen enough of these kits on rr's to see the fitmnent is poop at best and the paint is not good at all.BUT if you wetsanded and recleared and then worked and pryed and promped the body to fit they wouldnt be bad ,but at that point your about as far ahead as used oem properly painted.
post #20 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-23-2008, 06:07 PM

Fairings

I am also still waiting for my fairings I ordered from them. I talked to mike and he said he would take care of it. I hoping that will be the case. He also said he was going to throw in a windscreen and frame sliders. So, I will wait and see what happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1driver View Post
Hi - Just Responding Regarding The Auctmarts Fairings. I Left A Previous Post On This Thread. After Repeated And Failed Attempts Emailing Auctmarts Regarding The Fairings I Purchased In August 2007, A Guy Named Mike Answered Me. Once I Explained The Situation To Him, He Promised He Would Take Care Of It. I Was Skeptical Because I Had Heard This Before From Their Other Rep. Anyways, 4 Days Later, The Fairings Showed Up At My Door, No Charge!!!! I Was Very Happy!!! The Kit Is Beautiful And I Can't Wait To Mount It!!! It Did Take A While And I Had Pretty Much Given Up Hope But In The End I Got What I Paid For And A Tank Sticker As A Little Bonus For My Trouble. I Guess It Just Depends On Who You Deal With Over There. But This Guy Mike Was Great And Communicated With Me Daily On What I Wanted, Tracking Info And Even Followed Up Afterward To Make Sure I Was Happy. If Anyone Has A Problem With Auctmart Fairings, Send Me A P.m. And I'll Give You Mike's Email Address. I'll Keep Eveyone Updated On The Mounting Process - I Understand That Part Can Be A Little Tricky!!!! I'll Post Pics Once She's All Done!!
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 04-24-2008, 01:11 AM
World Superbike Racer

the windscreen is crap, it went to trash the first second i see it

fitment is so so and plastic is thin compare to OEM

i had to wait a few months for it to get here, the paint looks good until the fairing started to melt.

i shouldve repaired my OEM fairing instead of buying this ****.
post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-15-2008, 01:09 PM

Auctsmarts Fairings

I finally received my fairing from these guys. As far as I can see the fittament is awesome. I may of had to wait 4 months, but I am glad I did. The fairings are awesome. Sorry to those who had a bad experience with them. I will post pictures as soon as I get the chance. I would buy from them again.
post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-18-2008, 01:55 AM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 14 reviews
4 months for fairings? F that! I would of been super pissed, even if they were 100% perfect show quality, nothing should ever take 4 months
post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 12-25-2008, 04:00 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

lol, and to think I had my full OEM fairing set for sale for 700 bucks and no-one bought it.

post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 01:06 PM
Pocketbike Racer

is auctmarts better than motofansclub?
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 09:41 AM
Pocketbike Racer

I was about to purchase 600rr repsol fairings, but after seeing a bike with them on, I decided not to. I say if you're going to purchase the fairings, powdercoat the wheels orange to so you can gain the "look." Also, go one step further and powdercoat the case covers and swingarm black.

I think you should go one step up and buy the 1000rr Repsol edition. That's what I'm thinking about doing.

1. 03-06 Used Braking Wave Rotors ($450 for front, $150 for rear, OBO)
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.p...91#post2727891

2. 03-04 Chain Adjusters ($30 shipped)
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=98140

3. 03-04 Wiring Harness ($120 shipped)
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=139949

4. 05-06 Exhaust Pipe Canister ($75 shipped)
https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=139950

Last edited by cjt28; 05-05-2009 at 09:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page