Powers StuntWorx - BEWARE - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 03:33 PM Thread Starter
BOTY Winner 2015 - BOTM Winner 04/2015

Thanked 1,266 Times in 1,146 Posts
Feedback Score: 9 reviews
Thumbs down Powers StuntWorx - BEWARE

Powers StuntWorx needs to learn a lot in respect to customer service and about their own product design!!!
However, the Race Railz, in my opinion are a better choice in protection then regular sliders.

This might be a bit long, but hopefully it will help everyone decide if they want to do business with this company or at least give you a heads-up on what you’re getting yourself into.

So back in late August I contacted Powers about the Race Railz for the 07 CBR600RR. They responded that they in fact do make these and one of my first questions to them was if these were a no-cut set and if there is any modification required with them whatsoever. I got an answer from Katie (owners wife I was told) that there is completely no modification required with the set. – NOT SO AS YOU’LL READ LATER ON IN NEXT POST!!!

I then asked about a group buy, and again asked the question about modifications...
me:
...Just so that I can give the correct info to the forum...These race railz for the 07 CBR600RR are no-cut, no modification to frame required?...

katie:
That is correct.
Thanks
Katie
Powersstuntworx

We finally got everything figured out and we had a set time to place the orders on October 17th-18th. When I placed my order I asked about the modifications again, and the response again over the phone was that there is no modifications with this set of Railz. Check out this post: https://www.600rr.net/vb/showpost.php...0&postcount=42

At the time of placing the order I was promised a one week turn-around on these – THESE DID NOT SHIP TILL END OF NOVEMBER - over a month! Yet they managed to charge everyone's credit cards the same day the orders were placed, the only thing I think the company knows how to do well, unfortunately.

We were told we can choose any color for these, but they switched their powder coater: https://www.600rr.net/vb/showpost.php...4&postcount=72 and now they only had a few set colors to choose from.

Also, they said this is pushing the ship date on them...
me:
Katie,
Any news on when my railz will ship?
Thanks,
D

katie:
Hey
They will ship around the begining of next week or the end of this week.
Thanks
Katie
Powersstuntworx

So they were to ship them out at the latest on the 5th of November.
On the 9th I emailed again about the status...they didn’t respond till the 13th...
me:
Hi Katie,
Can you please let me know if my railz have shipped yet?
Thanks, D.

katie:
Hey D
Sorry i didnt get back to you sooner but they will be shipping out monday.
Thanks
Katie
Powersstuntworx

So now they pushed the ship date to the 19th of November.
I emailed again on the 20th, and didn’t get a response from them until the 26th, which at that point they finally managed to get them shipped! So it took them about 40 days to ship these after they promised a week turn around. NOT SO GOOD!!!

Finally got the Railz, just shy of December!!!

here is a link to the group buy thread if you want to check that out: https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=89374
in the thread you can see other comments about the company from other forum members, as well as the whole process in more detail....

YouTube Channel

----------------------------------------------------------------
kali_cbr600rr - build/progress (2007 blue/silver)
kali_cbr600rr - GoPro/Video adventures

4 sale: A Lot Of Stuff - Look at the "For Sale" section!!!

Last edited by kali_cbr600rr; 12-28-2007 at 03:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 03:37 PM Thread Starter

THE RACE RAILZ DID NOT FIT AS PROMISED, THEY NEED MODIFICATIONS TO THE PIVOT BOLT AS WELL AS TO THE PLASTIC ON YOUR LEFT SIDE OF THE BIKE!!!

I called the shop at Powers and spoke to Tony about the problem, he said heíll check into it and will send me an email, here it is:
tony:
D, I talked with Kevin in the shop and he said the kit you recieved is the right one and the mounting bolt that goes thru the swingarm pivot on hondas is tapered slightly on the one side, this causes the mounting bolt to slide thru one side and won't allow it to pass thru the other. The solution is to take a 3/8 drill bit and run it thru, this will remove just enough material to allow the bolt to pass thru. This mod is required on the hondas. Normally there's a note sent along with your kit that specifies this mod but it was missed during packing on your order. I apologize for the delay and trouble with a response youv'e been having but this should take care of the problem of the bolt not fitting. I also asked about the railz not fiting flush to the frame of some of the other forum members bikes and they said some models do not fit exactly flush but should not be extreme. I could help further on this if i knew which models were giving the trouble.

Let me know if this helps you out and if theres anything else i can help you with.
Thanks, Tony
Powers Stuntworx

So I sent them an email back with this and didnít get any response at all from them...
me:
Tony,
I haven't yet had a chance to go by Honda to check on what you're saying to do but I have explianed it to someone that knows a little something about working on bikes and this is what he wrote:
"If they know the swingarm pivot bolt is tapered & this part has to fit through it, then logically you would think they would supply a tapered bolt"
Also, as I mentioned before, when I asked Katie (many times) if there was any modification whatsoever to the bike with these - the answer was always - NO. As well as when I placed my order over the phone, I aksed again and the answer on the phone again was "there is no modification required with the railz to your bike" - So why is it now, that there is??? That was one of my biggest concerns when getting these :(
Please ask the owner to follow up on this, I just want to know why I was told something else before I placed my order???

Also, I checked with others on my site and not one person got the note you said that was missed only in my shippment about having to do this drilling.
Thanks for your time,
D.

So as you can see I have called them about this and got an email that now we need to modify the pivot bolt in order for these to work. So all of the NO-MODIFICATION required from them was a big LIE! Also, Tony mentioned that they only missed the note about this in my shippment but not one person got one of these as you can read in the group buy thread - so just more BS from Powers StunWorx, and more lies!!!

So after checking with my friend who works on bikes, he said that this drilling will not damage the bike and if it was his bike he would do it, so I decided to go ahead with the install.... here is the link to the write up I did for the install: https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=94150

YouTube Channel

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-28-2007, 03:38 PM Thread Starter

After I did the install I sent an email to Powers about my problems, not even about the need to drill the pivot bolt but about the damage to my plastics. Below are parts of the emails (excluded are parts already mentioned in my post or the other threads to keep this semi-short) I sent them and the immature and not business like responses from the idiot(s) at Powers StuntWorx. Considering the person never had enough guts to say who it was Iím guessing this is coming from the owner who obviously doesnít have any manners and doesnít know anything about the design of his products. Canít even believe these idiots ride bikes, and act this way in regards to others that ride!!!

me:
...Iím emailing about my experience with your company.
At this time I have to say it has not been a good one by any means.
Anyways, I finally got these and the long bolt did not go through the pivot bolt on the bike, which Tony at your company said we needed to drill in order to get these on the bike...
On with the Railz, so I did drill the pivot bolt and put these on. Now, here is where a huge problem came into playÖ. The left side of the set was not flush with the bikeís frame and while I was putting back on the plastics it broke and damaged my lower mid cowl. WTF. ... I canít believe this, I buy something, pay good hard earned money for it, am told there is no modification whatsoever with these, then not only do I have to drill my bikes pivot bolt but the Railz damage my plastics!!!! I believe that Powers should reimburse me for the damaged plastic, since the company is defiantly at fault here for not supplying what was promised!?! How can one side be done correctly and the other not??? Did you guys ever test these??? Did it go through Quality Control???

Also, we were promised that these will ship within a week of orders placed, 2 weeks topsÖ. Needless to say we didnít get these till the end of November, which is way over a month. Every time I would check on the shipment I would just get the run-around and a new ship date and I was the one that always had to check-in and see where they are!!! Yet, the company charged my credit card the same day the order was placed, wonder why other aspects of the company are not as good?
Regards,
D

Powers:
WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST SEND THEM BACK?

------------

me:
Whoever you are, that's not a very nice response.... I think my email was a polite email and I didn't try to offend anyone and here you are making things worse!!!
Also, after I already drilled my bike and broke the damn plastic what's the point. As well as your policy on no returns if you put it on???
I can't believe you guys ride motorcycles if you act like this!!!

Powers:
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN RIDING FOR??
YOU CALL THIS POLITE, "I was putting back on the plastics it broke and damaged my lower mid cowl. WTF."

MAKING THINGS WORSE???? YOU SHOULD HAVE SENT THEM BACK WHEN YOU FOUND OUT THAT YOU HAD TO DRILL IF YOU DIDNT WANT TO, OR CALLED THE OFFICE, INSTEAD OF GETTING ON YOUR FORUMS BAD MOUTHING THE COMPANY.
WE HAVE SOLD HUNDRED OF THESE RACE RAILZ, MOSTLY TO RACERS, ALL WE HAVE HEARD WAS HOW ARE PRODUCT SAVED THERE BIKES AND SAVED THEM $$$$
JUST WONDERING WERE DID YOU GET YOUR STRUCTUAL DEGREE AT? A 1/8" IS NOT GOING TO HURT THE INTEGRITY OF THAT BOLT AND THERE IS NO, PLASTIC MODS. COME TO ARE SHOP AND WE WILL SHOW YOU 1ST HAND ON HOW TO PROPERLY INSTALL SET OF RACE RAILZ ON A 2007 HONDA 600RR without moding the plastics.
Point blank you should have just sent them back if you were not happy with them and we would have refunded your money.
THANKS

------------

me:
wow, i guess i'm wasting my time with you. great profesional busines you running out there. i guess it's all about the buck and you will mis-inform customers about your product just to sell some. (no mod should mean no mod, no matter how small) and then when you send stuff that doensn't fit 100% you try to blame and insult your customers.... (becuase we all know you have sent a bunch of these with the wrong design before as well, and that information comes from your team)
i have not said WTF to you, it was to reference that i was surpiresed as hell but whatever..... also i did not mention about the integrity of the sturture, and i did in fact call the office...
btw: i have not dissed your compnay on line, don't know where you getting that from.... considering not many people have good opinions about your place i should have known better...
thanks for you time and this great lerning expierience with your company!
d.

I didnít get anything back from them since that last email I sent.
So as you can see, the people that run and work at Powers are not very good people.
First off, they lie, then lie some more.... then make excusses, more excusses.... and then insult their customers when their parts donít come out as they were meant to be!!! Iím not the only one that had to drill the pivot bolt and more importantly had problems with the left plastic, where it needed modifications!!!

Beware when doing business with these guys!!!
Make sure you know the product youíre interested in is what they say it is, hopefully someone else has already put it on their bike and you have the heads-up on the design and install of the product!!!

Would I ever get anything else from this company?

Powers StuntWorx

Most likely NOT!!!
I will defiantly look into the other companies that have similar products first!!!

YouTube Channel

Last edited by kali_cbr600rr; 12-28-2007 at 04:15 PM.

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 10:18 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
I ordered my rails for an 07 600rr on Wednesday, October 17, 2007. The charge was on my credit card the next day. For over a month they claimed that they would be shipping out any day now. Unfortunately, I was either naive enough to believe them or too lazy to cancel the order. Anyway, on week before they shipped, they finally told me that the holdup was because they dropped their powdercoater without having another one lined up. I recieved my rails on Wednesday, November 21, 2007.

When I tried to fit my rails that weekend, I found that the bolt they provided did not fit through the swingarm pivot bolt. The only paper in the box was a receipt (which in no way indicated the product I even bought). Since that weekend, I haven't touched them.

After reading the rest of the emails they have sent, I will be attempting to contact them tomorrow to get a refund and an RMA to return. I have found that the shop regularly ignores calls so it will probably take multiple attempts to reach them. I'll post an update here when that happens.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-02-2008, 11:10 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
whoa..seem like they suck a fat one
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 01:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by troth281 View Post
I ordered my rails for an 07 600rr on Wednesday, October 17, 2007. The charge was on my credit card the next day. For over a month they claimed that they would be shipping out any day now. Unfortunately, I was either naive enough to believe them or too lazy to cancel the order. Anyway, on week before they shipped, they finally told me that the holdup was because they dropped their powdercoater without having another one lined up. I recieved my rails on Wednesday, November 21, 2007.

When I tried to fit my rails that weekend, I found that the bolt they provided did not fit through the swingarm pivot bolt. The only paper in the box was a receipt (which in no way indicated the product I even bought). Since that weekend, I haven't touched them.

After reading the rest of the emails they have sent, I will be attempting to contact them tomorrow to get a refund and an RMA to return. I have found that the shop regularly ignores calls so it will probably take multiple attempts to reach them. I'll post an update here when that happens.
if you want to send an email this is who i got my awesome email replys from: [email protected]
i think that's the owners email since it has the company name and "mp" at the end and his name is matt powers...
very honest and friendly customer serivce FoSho!!!

YouTube Channel

Last edited by kali_cbr600rr; 01-03-2008 at 01:50 AM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 07:53 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
thats sh*tty. i use powers products, but ive never bought from them directly. I always go through haibikeshop.com

id expect better customer service from such a well known company
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 04:46 PM
Knee Dragger

I just got off the phone with them. First I asked just to return them and they told me there was a 20% restocking fee. Well, I wasn't going to do that so I was just about to say forget it and try and sell them to someone else (I'm not going to LOSE money on this deal).

Anyway, the guy on the phone was really nice and helpful. He spent ~10 minutes with me explaining why I should keep them, why they are designed the way they are, etc. He also said that if I have an questions or anything to just give him a shout. I was impressed with service from him at least (Ive only spoken to him once before, and he was the one that told me about the problem with the powdercoater). I just wish I could've gotten that service from the get go.

The guy also said that when he made them, he didn't remember making a cut on the fairing. He did say it was a possibility though, so he's going to look at it again and let future buyers know that there is some minor fairing modification required. He did say he understood why someone would not want to modify their fairing though.

I was worried that if there was a problem with the rails or something of that nature, that the company would not stand behind its product. Maybe I'll hold on to my set now.

I have mixed feelings about the business now. It seems that they have some employees that care and others that do not. I just wish that they were more upfront with the customer from the beginning - as I said before, if they told me the delay with the rails was due to a powdercoating issue, I would've been fine with that.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-03-2008, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
The guy also said that when he made them, he didn't remember making a cut on the fairing. He did say it was a possibility though, so he's going to look at it again and let future buyers know that there is some minor fairing modification required. He did say he understood why someone would not want to modify their fairing though.
well, at least is seems like someone is checking into it for you, not just being an aHOLE like the email i got

Quote:
COME TO ARE SHOP AND WE WILL SHOW YOU 1ST HAND ON HOW TO PROPERLY INSTALL SET OF RACE RAILZ ON A 2007 HONDA 600RR without moding the plastics.
also i was told they have installed 100's of these without the mods, so that's strange that he wouldn't know now if it was needed or not :headscrat

all i know my plastic is damaged and they tried blaming me and the way i installed them.... instead of saying that maybe YES they Fuk-UP

YouTube Channel

post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-08-2008, 10:26 PM
Knee Dragger

If you're buying powers buy it from another shop not directly through them haha
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 08:45 PM
Knee Dragger

It was a special group buy so there wasn't exactly a choice in vendors. Plus, they don't even have the 07 railz on their site yet.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

yeah, i defiantly didn't think it was going to turn out the way it did :all_cohol

noted for future reference to go through someone else since i will never buy from them direct again, if i ever buy any of their products at all... i will defiantly check other vendors products first....

YouTube Channel

post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-10-2008, 09:56 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
It was a special group buy so there wasn't exactly a choice in vendors. Plus, they don't even have the 07 railz on their site yet.

what have you decided to do with your set?
you're going to try to put them on?

and that's complete bull-sh!t that they would charge a 20% restock fee on these, considering they didn't provide a product which was promised, more bull-sh!t from powers - if anything they not only should refund 100% of your money but also pay to have them ship back to their shop...

YouTube Channel

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-13-2008, 06:35 PM
The Asian Persuasion

Feedback Score: 65 reviews
I have never heard anything good about the company from a few other people and forums, that's why I backed out of the GB.

post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 03-06-2008, 01:52 PM

Yea it took them a whole month to get me my race rails...

Business Management Classes would be a positive investment for them
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 08:03 PM

I sure wish I saw this post sooner. I am still waiting over a month now for my sub-cage. I was told two weeks ago that in two weeks I should receive my product. It has now been a month and a half and still nothing. Still waiting on a reply to my email too. Who in their right mind would want to wait a 6th of a year waiting for something they paid up front for. By the time I finally receive it, summer will be over!
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 11:34 AM
Pocketbike Racer

slowly but surely they will lose customer with this policy. I've always stated that i will tolerate any delays as a customer since we are all human and we all make mistakes but i must feel "kept in the loop" and informed the whole time and be treated with the same respect that i treat the seller (especially when its his mistake taking away from my time and involving my money).

I'm sorry for your experience but thank you for the heads up.

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 08:37 PM
Knee Dragger

I have a story about Powers I'll add.

My first set of railz were for my GF 05 gsxr 600. They took about two months to get in after ordering them. The threads are all boogered up so I have to re-tap them (only on one of the railz). These were labeled no cutting/modifications and it was not true. I had to dremel the left side (no biggie but my gf was throwing a fit...

After seeing the railz I like em. I order them for my 07 gsxr 1000. Took two months or so to get in but bolted up no issues, sold the bike a week later.

The third set were for my 07 600rr. I order them wait a month and 905 is at Starboyz Stuntfest. They show thier railz and tell me they can get them to me in 3-5 days and they are cheaper. I order them. In the meantime I talked to my buddy with the same bike and he says he will take one or the other. The 905 come in and I bolt them up. Still waiting on the powerz my buddy decides that he dosent want to wait and gets sliders (bad move for him). I cancel the powers and am now using the 905 (they are ok but would have rather had the powerz.

I completely agree Powerz needs to learn about business... They produced a fairly good product but drop the ball when it comes down to customer service...
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 08:40 PM
Knee Dragger

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirendragon View Post
I sure wish I saw this post sooner. I am still waiting over a month now for my sub-cage. I was told two weeks ago that in two weeks I should receive my product. It has now been a month and a half and still nothing. Still waiting on a reply to my email too. Who in their right mind would want to wait a 6th of a year waiting for something they paid up front for. By the time I finally receive it, summer will be over!
Powerz is a bunch of stunters and when its nice out they are out stunting not working.... My advice cancel the order and log onto stuntlife.com look up omr sub cage and rock one of those! I got one for my 07 6rr and it is AWSOME! If you have other questions pm me. Also 905 is making them and sick innovations as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page