x Treme Discount Cycle - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
BOTM 07/09

Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Thumbs down x Treme Discount Cycle

Purchased a pair of front Mad Doctor turn signals from them earlier this week. They came in the mail today, and to my surprise they were missing the Load Box. I called them up and the owner picked up, Chris. I politely stated to them what the problem was and he couldn't get a complete sentence out without stuttering and tripping over his words. He told me that he doesn;t include the load box because people were complaining that it was melting the fairing?!?!? What a load of horse sh!t!

He then went on to state that he doesn't mention the load box in the description of the item and blah blah blah. Well he doesn't mention the screws, cable ties,mounting hardware etc. that come with the item. Should I expect to not receive those as well since they weren't stated in the auction. His solution to me was to go to Radio Shack and pick up a resistor.

I work hard for my money and this dude likes ripping people off with his half ass kit's. Terrible customer service and didn't even make the slightest effort to make things right. In a nutshell, don't but from xdcycle.com !!!!!

By the way, since im screwed, what type/model of resistor should I purchase so my turn signals will flash properly? Thanks for the help guys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 03:53 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
I have never seen blinkers come with anything to help with the flash rate of a bike. I would be surprised of they did. I usually assume that I have to find the right part for my blinker flash rate because after market LED blinkers are usually one type fits all.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
BOTM 07/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneRR View Post
I have never seen blinkers come with anything to help with the flash rate of a bike. I would be surprised of they did. I usually assume that I have to find the right part for my blinker flash rate because after market LED blinkers are usually one type fits all.
The parts list stated that it was included. Can anyone recommend a resistor that has worked for them in the past to achieve the stock blinker flash rate?

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 05:12 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Link:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...entPage=search

I'm never wrong. I once thought I was wrong, turns out, I was mistaken.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-12-2008, 10:13 PM Thread Starter
BOTM 07/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocketscience View Post

You are the man, thanks!!
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 12:44 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
give andrew at www.ridersinc.com a call next time (MRI)... we include the mad doctor load box as part of the signals order... ALWAYS... and we are probably the #1 distributor/seller of mad doctor products in the US.

http://www.ridersinc.com/mad-doctor-m137-c7066.html

you can always call us at the shop... before you order... ask for andrew... and he will be happy to answer all your questions.

glad everything worked out for you.

cheers... nick - mri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metallica View Post
Purchased a pair of front Mad Doctor turn signals from them earlier this week. They came in the mail today, and to my surprise they were missing the Load Box. I called them up and the owner picked up, Chris. I politely stated to them what the problem was and he couldn't get a complete sentence out without stuttering and tripping over his words. He told me that he doesn;t include the load box because people were complaining that it was melting the fairing?!?!? What a load of horse sh!t!

He then went on to state that he doesn't mention the load box in the description of the item and blah blah blah. Well he doesn't mention the screws, cable ties,mounting hardware etc. that come with the item. Should I expect to not receive those as well since they weren't stated in the auction. His solution to me was to go to Radio Shack and pick up a resistor.

I work hard for my money and this dude likes ripping people off with his half ass kit's. Terrible customer service and didn't even make the slightest effort to make things right. In a nutshell, don't but from xdcycle.com !!!!!

By the way, since im screwed, what type/model of resistor should I purchase so my turn signals will flash properly? Thanks for the help guys.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-14-2008, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
BOTM 07/09

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridersinc View Post
give andrew at www.ridersinc.com a call next time (MRI)... we include the mad doctor load box as part of the signals order... ALWAYS... and we are probably the #1 distributor/seller of mad doctor products in the US.

http://www.ridersinc.com/mad-doctor-m137-c7066.html

you can always call us at the shop... before you order... ask for andrew... and he will be happy to answer all your questions.

glad everything worked out for you.

cheers... nick - mri

Thanks for the heads up! I'll be placing an order real soon!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page