moto mummy - 600RR.net
Vendor Experiences The Good, the Bad and the downright Ugly

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 03:29 PM Thread Starter

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
moto mummy

this is by far the worst experience with a bike store i have ever had. First the advertise my break lines as in stock. They were not, then when I finally received them 2 weeks later they were the wrong color. I will never go threw them for anything again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 08:42 PM
bcc

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by strangesRR View Post
this is by far the worst experience with a bike store i have ever had. First the advertise my break lines as in stock. They were not, then when I finally received them 2 weeks later they were the wrong color. I will never go threw them for anything again.

been down that road with them myself but for a lot more parts they "had in stock", i gave up after 45 days of nothing

wont buy or recomend tho.too bad i go through a ton of parts for myself and others in a year.

but i think the good outweighs the bad overall. and i did get a refund with no hassle.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-14-2008, 08:47 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Sorry to hear that man always better off dealing with site vendors
they are all great people and very easy to reach in case of a problem
or an error

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 04:55 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
None of our brake lines are advertised as in stock anywhere on our website. Spiegler for instance has over 100 color combinations for one model of bike. It's impossible for any dealer to stock them and not even Spiegler does.

BCC: Sometimes backorders occur in this industry and there is little we can do. We stock a ton of parts, but obviously just like any dealer in this business not everything can be stocked. Feel free to email us if you need to know if something is in stock before ordering, many do this. You're right the good does outway the bad as muc has we would like to be perfect it's obviously impossible. We do give full refunds if anything is canceled before it ships and they are all processed the day they are requested.

This would be the first time we sent out the wrong color though as normally we don't make mistakes that obvious, but it is possible and if we did we'll fix it. if we did then contact us and we'll fix it right away.

Thank you

Last edited by motomummy; 02-16-2008 at 05:35 PM.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 05:31 PM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Just contacted strangesRR and he got the galfer smoke lines and over the past year galfers smoke at times comes in a lighter shade and a very dark shade. If you can see the SS lines below the smoke covering at all though it's "smoke". The black you can't see through at all. He did get the right lines, but since they were ordered at two different times the rear line (we sent him) was a different shade. When both lines are ordered at the same time this isn't an issue as we make sure the shades are the same, but when the front or rears are ordered seperately there is no way for us to know how light or dark your other lines are.

Like I said if you want to exchange it we are more than willing to try and get you a lighter shade. If you take a picture of your front lines we can see if galfer has a spool of the lighter shade smoke and can get those for us so they match better. I know it sucks and once I saw what you ordered I figured I knew what happened.

I understand where the misscommunication came from as we have a hard time telling the difference from the smoke and black lines. I wish galfer would fix this issue as it's been ongoing for about a year now.

We are more then willing to try and get you a lighter shade if you want that (Not sure if galfer has a lighter shade spool, but we can check). We do want our customers happy with their purchases. thanks

Ride safe out there guys and glad this is resolved.

Last edited by motomummy; 02-16-2008 at 05:38 PM.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 06:34 PM
bcc

Quote:
Originally Posted by motomummy View Post
None of our brake lines are advertised as in stock anywhere on our website. Spiegler for instance has over 100 color combinations for one model of bike. It's impossible for any dealer to stock them and not even Spiegler does.

BCC: Sometimes backorders occur in this industry and there is little we can do. We stock a ton of parts, but obviously just like any dealer in this business not everything can be stocked. Feel free to email us if you need to know if something is in stock before ordering, many do this. You're right the good does outway the bad as muc has we would like to be perfect it's obviously impossible. We do give full refunds if anything is canceled before it ships and they are all processed the day they are requested.

This would be the first time we sent out the wrong color though as normally we don't make mistakes that obvious, but it is possible and if we did we'll fix it. if we did then contact us and we'll fix it right away.

Thank you

like i said the good reviews from motomummy outweight the bad by a lot ,its to be expected from anyone in the service industry .im sure 90% of the time everyone is happy ,,and thats a hell of a lot more than most.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-16-2008, 06:43 PM
MotoGP NEWS Guru

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
never had a problem with MM and i would recommend them any time. great prices, good customer service. and no, i don't work with them but i wouldn't be averse to a freebie for a good word... *cough* *cough* motomummy *ahem*

Bernard
NESBA #12I
CBR1000RR8 (street)
CBR600RR5 (track)

"Itīs not easier to ride, but I donīt need something easier, I need something faster."
- Nicky Hayden #69

Next Track Days (NESBA): September 10 - Summit (Main)
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 04:10 AM
BOTM 07/09

Feedback Score: 35 reviews
Motomummy is great! Ordered a set of ASV levers and they were out of stock. Sent them an email about the status of my order and they responded in less than 5 minutes! Placed the order on a Wednesday, got the levers on Tuesday of the following week! Will definitely be dealing with them again!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
interesting........

Quote:
Bahaha, a scalp massage usually ends with a happy ending.
Quote:
Besides, you have the best girl any guy can get, an RR in the garage.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-24-2008, 05:18 AM
Pocketbike Racer

motomummy is great, order all the time from them on the gixxer forums.

2007 CBR600RR Stolen / Totalled
2006 CRF250R
2005 YZ125
2004 Evo VIII
2003 XR50
Check out a new healthy energy drink Verve!
Myverve.com/vervesmart
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 01:53 AM
Pocketbike Racer

i hope they are good..since i just ordered my 07 akrapovic s/o from them . call and cancel my order from parts411... they are not very customer oriented in responding to orders.

06 s2k
07 600rr
08 ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbrittain11 View Post
"Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly."
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 02:29 AM
Chief IronLungs

Feedback Score: 8 reviews
got my pazzo shorties from mm and they shipped quick but my ca light is taking forever....like 3.5 weeks now

Hit busters on the head like Vonage
* Im not rude, youre just insignificant

post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 09:45 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Just received my second order from them- bought Pazzo short levers for my VFR last year and just got a Pazzo short brake/long clutch lever in a custom color configuration, some swingarm spools, and flush turn signals.

My experience has been 100% positive with these guys. They sent me e-mail followup on the order and it arrived exactly when they said it would.
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 12:47 AM
Pocketbike Racer

just got my akra s/o from them for the 07 and i love it.
kinda took awhile to ship but its backordered so not their fault.
shipping was quick.. shipped on monday... got it wednesday..
I <3 AKRAPROVIC

06 s2k
07 600rr
08 ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbrittain11 View Post
"Don't ride faster than your guardian angel can fly."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page