clutch wear limits? - 600RR.net
Maintenance Maintenance advice and questions are here

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-22-2019, 12:27 AM Thread Starter
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
clutch wear limits?

I just picked up a Yoyodyne slipper clutch for my RR, i got plenty of spares with it and now i'm figuring out what is the best pack height for my installation, the friction plates out of my existing clutch are pretty well new, the ones i got wth the clutch do vary a little.
What i need to know is what is the minimum thickness for the friction plates and what is the minimum spring height for the clutch springs?

I need the friction plate thickness to know which ones i can use and which ones to bin, the Yoyodyne says to use thinner steels from a Suzuki which i have a good assortment of so if i can weed out the worn out ones and make the best pack i can get the stack height i want and get it installed.
I also have enough spares to build a second stack hopefully at the correct height as a spare for the track should i need it. if too many are dead i'll buy new ones but only enough to make a spare set ready to go. Same with the springs.
Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page