Honda CBR 600RR Forum banner

Inside Storage - Gas Smell

788 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  03DnH6rr 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm having a medical procedure done soon that's going to keep me from riding for a couple of months, so I was playing with the idea of bringing my 600rr inside from the garage and parking it by my work desk. Only issue is when I tested this out, the smell of gas was pretty strong. Most of it coming from the air intake on the nose of the bike, and some from around the gas cap (which that part makes sense to me). I don't notice this when it's outside in the garage at all, and I spend a lot of time out there. Any idea why the air intake has fuel fumes emanating from it?

Edit* I should have put this in troubleshooting…my bad.

#2 ·
If someone could go take a hefty sniff of their air intake port on the nose of their bike and report back that would be awesome lol

#3 ·
I’ve had bikes inside of my house and the smell of gas will be noticeable especially if it has just been run or there is fresh gas in it. The smell should subside over time. You may want to run the bike empty before bringing it in that will help reduce the smell.

#4 ·
I always try to store it with a full tank, so perhaps that's the issue. I'll be riding this weekend (weather permitting) for the last time before my procedure, so I'll try to run it empty if nothing else. I'm more curious to know now if it's common for the air intake to smell so strongly...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.