No License Ticket - 600RR.net
Mid West A place for riders from the Mid West to set up group rides

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 06:54 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
No License Ticket

So yeah a couple weeks ago I got pulled over. Cop didn't say I did anything wrong but as I went for my wallet.... it wasn't there

So I told him I was sorry I ran outta the house and left my wallet there. I told him all my information so he could run my name.

He comes back and says that I don't have a license to be riding my bike. I explained to him that I have a permit. He says "WEEELL I don't know anything about that" I paused for a second cause I didn't understand what the **** he didn't understand.

So I told him the only difference with a permit and a license is I have to renew my permit every 6 months (I've just been to lazy to get my license, I will this week or next) and I cannot have a passenger. Again he comes back with "Well I don't know anything about that" So he gives me a ticket for

"Operated a motorcycle when driver's license not validated for such operation"

I called the court and explained that I have a permit and would like to just come in and show them and get this taken care of instead of waiting till Sept 2nd. They told me nope, can't do that.

Called my lawyer, explained it all. He tells me he'll take care of it for $100. I said no no no, shouldn't I not have to pay anything when I have a permit and just didn't have it on me. Same thing when you don't have your insurance on you, go to court and show them. Bam, thrown out the window.

He says "well, I dunno, they may do that they may not" WTF !!!

Call my brother who is a cop. He isn't sure either. I'm giving him the ticket this Saturday and he's gonna call around and probably get it taken care of.

Anyone know what would happen if I went in front of the judge and showed him my permit. I mean the damn DMV has records of me renewing it 3-4-2009 as it expires 9-4-2009 (funny enough my court date is two days before it expires)

EDIT : On a side note another cop pulls up and talks to the other cop for a sec then comes up to me and we start talking about bikes. He loves my bike and is askin me this and that. Admiring the bike like a cop should. Then asks me why I don't have my Motorcycle endorsement. I asked him if he ment the MSF class or my license. He says MSF. I tell him I don't have $230 to pay for it cause I'm laid off. He then says "HOLY **** that's expensive" hahaha, really cool cop.

Last edited by DragonStang; 07-29-2009 at 07:19 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 07:16 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Um. 6/4 was last month bro. It's expired...

Solar White RR6 "Pearl"
R.I.P. PHATTY!
Quote:
Caution: Beware of whores.........
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 07:18 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1ofakindRR View Post
Um. 6/4 was last month bro. It's expired...
Opps, fixed it. It expires 9-4-09 Thanks for your legal advice though :)

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonStang View Post
Opps, fixed it. It expires 9-4-09 Thanks for your legal advice though :)
Oh ok. Whew. Haha.
Here in Colorado, when you have your permit, NO PASSENGERS AND MUST RIDE WITH A PERSON 21 YEARS OR OLDER WITH ENDORSMENT. Friggin gay.

Solar White RR6 "Pearl"
R.I.P. PHATTY!
Quote:
Caution: Beware of whores.........
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 07:23 PM
Pocketbike Racer

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FAIL. It is EXPIRED!!!
Unless since you got it 3-4-2009, you meant 9-4-2009 .

So I told him the only difference with a permit and a license is I have to renew my permit every 6 months

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
Hornets and Wasps like to attack loud vibrating things close to their nests ... like lawnmowers, or dildos, or epileptics.

So NEVER operate a lawnmower, a motorcycle, and a dildo at the same time if you are an epileptic and near a wasps nest... don't even think of it.

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 07:25 PM
Pocketbike Racer

DAMNIT!!!!!!! Guess Im TOO SLOW. Im at work so I cant post pics, If I could I would post a pic of some retarded kid. (Someone want the honor of doing so?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PROTOTYPE View Post
Hornets and Wasps like to attack loud vibrating things close to their nests ... like lawnmowers, or dildos, or epileptics.

So NEVER operate a lawnmower, a motorcycle, and a dildo at the same time if you are an epileptic and near a wasps nest... don't even think of it.

post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 07:28 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

^^^ Yes you are too slow. haha

I was looking at all kinds of numbers with the license and the ticket, I got the numbers mixed up.

Anyways! Back to legal advice girls!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 07:28 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Well, he shouldn't have written you a ticket for unlicensed to operate the vehicle, but you should have gotten a ticket for not having your license/permit on you. I'm not sure you should go in there with the attitude that you did nothing wrong, because you didn't have the permit. If you explain that to the judge, you'll possibly get a fine for that.. not sure though. Quite the pickle.

Squid test:

So far, 13109 people (including you) have responded to this Squid Test Survey and have been tabulated.
Of those responses, the average grade is 53. Your grade was 82 (from 0 to 100)

A higher grade indicates a stronger sense of common decency, and a lower grade is an indication of conspicuous squidliness and general disregard for civilized society. Your score indicates that you are a fairly responsible motorcyclist but a bit of a wise-ass.

Hahaha.

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 07-29-2009, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmunkofdoom2 View Post
Well, he shouldn't have written you a ticket for unlicensed to operate the vehicle, but you should have gotten a ticket for not having your license/permit on you. I'm not sure you should go in there with the attitude that you did nothing wrong, because you didn't have the permit. If you explain that to the judge, you'll possibly get a fine for that.. not sure though. Quite the pickle.
Oh no, I know that I was wrong and it was my fault.

I am just wondering if I go in front of the judge and explain that I just didn't have it on me, will I have to pay a fine?

Whenever you don't have your insurance card you show up and show them your insurance card and that you WERE insured when you were pulled over and they throw it out.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 09:21 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Here in WI, you get a ticket for not having your licences in your possesion..

2004 CBR600RR 'Go Man Go' Paint
Clear Alternatives Taillight
Vortex 15/45 Sprockets
GK 520 Chain
Short Stalk Fronts
Speedo Healer
Yosh. RS-5 Slip On
Custom FE
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 09:30 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
dude, just show up to a traffic court date and just walk up and talk to the judge after he gets finished with everyone. Show him the ticket, show him your permit. he will drop it.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 09:40 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevDup View Post
Here in WI, you get a ticket for not having your licences in your possesion..
You guys are treated unfairly in the States. Up here where I live, the RCMP put out a PSA telling vehicle owners to leave their license and registration at home if they will be parking in a public place to prevent car thieves from getting home addresses from your documents. If you get pulled over, you have 48 hours to go to the precinct and present your ID.

R.I.P. Chenhan

2008 600RR

2010 ZX-6R
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 09:47 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-NA6CE View Post
You guys are treated unfairly in the States. Up here where I live, the RCMP put out a PSA telling vehicle owners to leave their license and registration at home if they will be parking in a public place to prevent car thieves from getting home addresses from your documents. If you get pulled over, you have 48 hours to go to the precinct and present your ID.
yea, but i'd rather be required to carry my license, registration, and proof of insurance than have to be french-canadian, eh:all_cohol
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 09:48 AM

Feedback Score: 91 reviews
Go get your license.... You don't have a job so you have nothing else to do. This will show the judge that you are putting an effort to make sure you are legal. Get the real license and then bring in the permit with it. Didn't have the permit on me, sorry it will not happen again. I have taken the inititive and got my license. Act sincere. Court cost and not having proper documentation on you while riding. move on. T

http://tripageled.com/store/
Owner
Tristan Page
[email protected]
[email protected]
Dual low / Dual High beam led headlights. OEM appearance
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=236
Integrated Gear Indicator installed inside your cluster
http://tripageled.com/store/index.ph...product_id=116
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTM_Patron View Post
yea, but i'd rather be required to carry my license, registration, and proof of insurance than have to be french-canadian, eh:all_cohol
No doubt!

Good thing I'm Asian, eh? Ha ha ha.

R.I.P. Chenhan

2008 600RR

2010 ZX-6R
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 11:45 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Call the solicitor and talk it over. If not, then I suppose you should predict the likelyhood that it will be dropped (costing 0) vs. having to pay the fine (You didn't say what it was). Take the probability weighted average of those figures. Compare that to the 100 bucks. If it is less, then go to court, else pay the lawyer.

www.LMGTFY.com --> give it a try before you ask

Thanks for driving that hybrid...and saving all the gas for me!
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 02:26 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
PM Sent about this.

The laws here in Missouri state that on the Permit you can not operate a motorcycle at Night or With a Passenger.

If you got pulled over and it was Nighttime, then pay your lawyer the $100 and get it taken care of.

But..if St. Louis Courts are anything like they are here in Kansas City, Show up on your court date, plea Not Guilty, and show the Judge your Motorcycle Permit. Charges will be dropped, and you'll have to pay Court Costs.

You can also call the Courthouse and see if you can sit down and talk with the Prosecuting Attorney and show him/her the Permit. Same thing will happen. Charges will be dropped and you might have to pay Court Costs.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 03:47 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium

Thanks guys, I'm gonna go get my license tomorrow. I've just been lazy about it. That and I hate the driving instructors here in St.Charles. All 70 year old **** heads.

Anyways, I'll get it tomorrow, thanks again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superRR View Post
i'm just good with anything that involves balls
2008 CBR600RR Sunfire Orange Custom

Cirtem's Endo Stall is the $#!T !!!
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 04:27 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
That's strange. I'm not doubting your knowledge of your state's laws... but every state I've lived/worked in, a motorcycle permit requires that you ride with a licensed rider over 21. If that's not the case in your state, I would simply present your permit (preferably present your M license as T said) to the judge and tell him you are VERY sorry and it will never happen again. Then make sure it doesn't.

Edit: This may also be a hard time for the LEO's wallet. An unfortunate truth to some officers is that they write tickets that may be ridiculous, but they get paid $40-$50 everytime they show up to court. So if it get's thrown out, they still get paid. Sad but true.

'08 motofans custom - crg, akra, puig db, watsens, audi, IT tail light, tripage fe & gas cap, r&g, ddm

DIY HID on/off switch with LED running lights: https://www.600rr.net/vb/showthread.php?t=150450

Last edited by HighlyFavored0420; 08-05-2009 at 04:33 PM.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 04:47 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

get your license and the ticket will be dropped....ya got to have it and as you have admitted your just being lazy....its not like you wont be able to pass right. also cpos tend to write for everything when you havent got a liscense where if you went to the trouble to be able to ride legal... insurence, liscense, helmet, they tend to no write at all. good luck
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 04:59 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
if you get your license before the date they will drop it or make you pay a fine for not actually having your license on you they did that to me plenty of times! its alot better because if your found guilty of driving without endorsment then you can loose your regular license for a year plus the no insurance if its your first time thats 3 months second is 6 months and 3rd is a year and you must keep and sr22 bond the entire time while having your license for 3 consecitive years! pm me for more info!
post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-05-2009, 05:17 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by HighlyFavored0420 View Post
That's strange. I'm not doubting your knowledge of your state's laws... but every state I've lived/worked in, a motorcycle permit requires that you ride with a licensed rider over 21. If that's not the case in your state, I would simply present your permit (preferably present your M license as T said) to the judge and tell him you are VERY sorry and it will never happen again. Then make sure it doesn't.

Edit: This may also be a hard time for the LEO's wallet. An unfortunate truth to some officers is that they write tickets that may be ridiculous, but they get paid $40-$50 everytime they show up to court. So if it get's thrown out, they still get paid. Sad but true.
permit in California just means you cant ride at night, no passengers, and no freeway. you can ride all day alone on the streets.
when a LEO looks up your info, he wont see that you have a permit. im sure if you go to court, you can explain what happen. here in CA, you would get a fine for not carrying proper paper work
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 05:32 PM
Testicular Fortitude

I dont know how the permit works in Missouri never had a permit there. But when I lived in GA you couldn't ride at night, no passengers, and no interstates. But that really never stopped us. I took my MSF and went to FL to get my license because I didn't want to take a drivers course over again.

RIP Phatty

2007- Wrecked
2008 Orange- DD/track
2 Bro slip on
PCIII
Flush mounts
FE
Puig smoke wind screen
ASV Shorties Black
Vortex rear sets
To come:
Brake lines
Rotors
Clip-ons
HID
and a few other things.
post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-14-2009, 01:18 PM
Not right now chief, im in the f'ing zone

That is stupid, what would happen if something happened to you and the medical people would not know who you are?

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-NA6CE View Post

Bungle in the Jungle!!!

Beep Beep m' Beep Beep YEAH!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page