springfield, mo riders willing to lend an 07+ regulator/rectifier? - 600RR.net
Mid West A place for riders from the Mid West to set up group rides

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-10-2010, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 11 reviews
springfield, mo riders willing to lend an 07+ regulator/rectifier?

well, the title pretty much says it all... got this problem with my '08 where it won't re-start right away when then engine is hot, thinking maybe it is the r/r but wanna test it before buying a replacement. anyone in sw missouri that would be willing/able to lend me their known working r/r for an hour or two? i'm thinking this coming saturday would be a good time to test, just swap it out, run it 'til it's at full operating temp, shut it off and see if it turns back on... then you can have it back!

thanks,
jay
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 12:38 AM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
I'd help you out but your a little too far from me. Good luck with your search, there has to be someone down where you are with that year of bike.

Maybe take it to the dealer or a bike shop and ask them to take a look at it? Not fix it, but just pick their brain about it. Talk to a Mechanic, not the sales prick that only cares about the money he'll get from you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superRR View Post
i'm just good with anything that involves balls
2008 CBR600RR Sunfire Orange Custom

Cirtem's Endo Stall is the $#!T !!!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 02:48 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
If they 05/06 r/r is compatible, pick one up for ebay for cheap.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-11-2010, 07:42 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

hmm... i dunno if they're compatible or not. i suppose i can look into it too, but the point being i don't need two if the one i have is good, so i'd just as soon not spend the $75 or whatever if i don't have to, put it towards an IT or something instead.

i don't think we have a honda dealer in town, but there is a sportbike shop nearby that i'm gonna stop by, got our inspections done there last year and they seem like pretty decent people.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 12:58 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by colnpanic View Post
hmm... i dunno if they're compatible or not. i suppose i can look into it too, but the point being i don't need two if the one i have is good, so i'd just as soon not spend the $75 or whatever if i don't have to, put it towards an IT or something instead.

i don't think we have a honda dealer in town, but there is a sportbike shop nearby that i'm gonna stop by, got our inspections done there last year and they seem like pretty decent people.
There are quite a few 600RR owners in Springfield...I'll try to get ahold of a friend of mine.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 02:00 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
hey mang im in springfield... what u need exactly??

USAF
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-12-2010, 01:01 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

i've seen quite a few springfield, mo locations, but hesitate to spam pm them, so hope some notice this. thanks for passing it on to someone you know though, i'm new to the area so don't know any other riders here.

what i want to do is borrow a regulator/rectifier for a test... if i find someone that is willing, i'd rather not be the one to take it off their bike since it's under fairings, and i don't wanna break off tabs or something random on someone else's bike, but i could pick it up or they can bring it by, or i could bring my bike to wherever if they're concerned about not getting it back. then i'd plug it in to mine, run to operating temp, turn it off, and see if it'll start right away again. then i take it off and give it back, and if it worked then i order one of my own, if not i look elsewhere for my problem.

ideally if someone already has a bike taken apart or a trackbike or something then it should be fairly trivial to take it off, it's a bit more involved when it's under street fairings but still not too tough.

thanks!
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-27-2010, 12:13 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

not needed anymore, but if anyone wants to ride in sw missouri or nw arkansas this summer shoot me a pm!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page