Bikes on the Brain - Benefit for a Local Rider - Phil Leonard Saturday 5.15.10 - 600RR.net
Mid West A place for riders from the Mid West to set up group rides

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Talking Bikes on the Brain - Benefit for a Local Rider - Phil Leonard Saturday 5.15.10

A very close and dear friend Phil Leonard “Fizz” was diagnosed with stage 4 brain cancer (GBM Glioblastona multiforme) this past February. Phil is just one of those guys who always gives more than receives and who is THE GUY you know who is always there for other riders in need. And now... here he is going through treatment for brain cancer. He had his first surgery to try and remove the tennis ball sized tumor from his brain on Friday February 26th, they removed as much as they could. It went well and he was sent home a few days later to rest and recover. Unfortunately he had to go in for a second surgery on April 20th due to the unfortunate growth of what was left over from the first surgery. Again surgery went well and he is starting radiation therapy immediately.

Fizz has always been a positive energy in our riding community, and being diagnosed with cancer hasn't changed his positive outlook at all. In his own words, "These are the cards that have been dealt to me in the game of life and play with them I must. I will not sit around and wait for the grim reaper to find me. I will hunt him down and he will become the hunted and when he smiles at me I will smile back."

Phil is determined to win this battle and is fighting. We are asking for your help, by ensuring his treatment continues.

As a valued resident of the Villa Park and Elmhurst community area, dozens of friends and family members are working diligently to organize funding to aide in his survival of this terrible disease.

A benefit BBQ and Picnic will be held on May 15th, 2010 where 100%, yes 100% of all proceeds will go to Phil’s treatment. This event is being communicated to the entire motorcycle community; several forums, facebook, fliers, etc so please feel free to post this on other forums that you are a part of.

Details for the day’s activities are below, we are still ironing out some details so please check back often. I will update as needed.

[size="2"] RIDE
Meet spot: Larry Roesch Chevy
333 W Grand Ave
Bensenville, IL (enter on Church Rd)
Time: 9:00am
After arriving please park your bike then see us at the tent to register, give your donations and receive a bracelet.
Donation: $10 per rider
Ride: Kickstands up at 10am
Route maps will be given at the meet spot.

End Spot: 1pm
Rotary Park
600 E Wildwood Ave
Villa Park, IL

CROSS-TOWN CLASSIC softball game:
Time: 2pm
Red Team VS Blue Team
Team captains:
Aimee – ChicagoChik & Shelly – Evil Twin

Now I know some people will be on the ride and you can’t carry bats and stuff obviously, so please let me know if you are going to play and I can get your equipment from you. I will be on the ride for a bit but will cut out early to go home and get the stuff and help set up at the park. We don’t need gloves since we will be playing 16’ so we just need some bats! So please contact me via PM, I can set up a central meet up beforehand and get everything. You can throw some shorts and stuff in a backpack and ride with that so you can change and be comfortable.

BIKINI BIKE WASH
All afternoon

RAFFLE
Raffle items will be raffled off after the game
$2/raffle ticket or 3 for $5
Gear from DGY & MCC
Other gifts from: TGIFridays, Brunswick Zone, Mary Kay, Capelli Amour Salon, Arena Sports Grill, Cheeseburger in Paradise Larry Roesch Chevy….& more will be added, the list is growing every day!

If your business would like to participate and donate something to this wonderful cause please contact me via PM, you will be recognized for your efforts through fliers, postings, etc

DONATIONS (minimum)
$10 ride
$10 all you can eat BBQ & picnic
$5 participation in the cross-town classicred team vs. blue team
$5 bikini bike wash
$2/raffle ticket or 3 for $5
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 04-28-2010, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

PRE-REGISTRATION:
Donations for the Ride and BBQ can be sent through PayPal
Note your name and event(s) you’re pre-donating for
PayPal address: [email protected]
Please send as a GIFT

A few of us are bringing our bags sets so feel free to bring yours if you have one as well, this park is huge!!!

If any of you are interested in donating or know anyone who would be interested in donating to this benefit through raffle or cash donations, please contact one of us below. We will be advertising business logos for those who support this effort.

Please contact me via PM if you are interested or have any questions.

Come on everybody, let’s support a fellow rider and great hearted person!!![/SIZE]

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-10-2010, 03:38 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

BUMP

This is this weekend, would be great to see some of you there!!!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-15-2010, 07:51 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Great ride today fellas!! Looked like a pretty good turn-out hope we raised a good chunk of change for phil!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page