Question about street and dirt riding in San Antonio TX - 600RR.net
Mid West A place for riders from the Mid West to set up group rides

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-09-2011, 09:53 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Question about street and dirt riding in San Antonio TX

So basically I am just trying to get some info about the riding down in San Antonio. I PCS this September so I am starting to get all my things in order and am trying to figure out my bike situation. I sold my CBR in Sept because there really just wasnt much street riding where I am now, mostly just long straight farm roads. So I bought a CRF 450. Now that I am moving I was just trying to figure out if there is a lot of riding down there and what type? Lots of motocross and dirt trails to ride on? Windy roads or mountains for street? How about the market for bikes (cheaper, more expensive or average)? Just trying to figure out if I should sell my current bike, keep it, buy a CBR, here or there? Sorry for all the questions just trying to get a general idea of the riding down there since I have never lived in that part of the states. Thanks for your input.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 05:31 PM
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by buechelr View Post
So basically I am just trying to get some info about the riding down in San Antonio. I PCS this September so I am starting to get all my things in order and am trying to figure out my bike situation. I sold my CBR in Sept because there really just wasnt much street riding where I am now, mostly just long straight farm roads. So I bought a CRF 450. Now that I am moving I was just trying to figure out if there is a lot of riding down there and what type? Lots of motocross and dirt trails to ride on? Windy roads or mountains for street? How about the market for bikes (cheaper, more expensive or average)? Just trying to figure out if I should sell my current bike, keep it, buy a CBR, here or there? Sorry for all the questions just trying to get a general idea of the riding down there since I have never lived in that part of the states. Thanks for your input.
i'm from Dallas/Fort worth area but been through San Anton alot. I'm not for certain if there is alot of places to ride dirt down there, I know there's a wide variety of terrain that you could travel too though. I would DEFINITELY recommend another CBR though.

No mountains down here btw, all prairie and rolling hills! 200 feet above sea level and elevation changes of 50-100 ft are about all you'll typically get!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 05:34 PM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,462 Times in 1,717 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Absolutely get another CBR and sign up at the link in my sig. we do south rides with people in SA all the time.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-11-2011, 09:13 PM
Knee Dragger

Lots of good places to ride in the TX hill country. Good twisties. Not many places to ride dirt, almost all of Texas is private property so you have to know someone or pay $$$$.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable.

There is another which states that this has already happened.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 04:30 AM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

No motocross tracks down there in SA? Well damn, maybe I will end up selling my CRF after all. Definitely gettin the itch to get back on the street though so one way or another I will pick up another street bike.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 04-12-2011, 11:06 AM
Lifetime Premium

Feedback Score: 19 reviews
There are also 4 tracks within a few hour drive of San Antonio too if your into the track at all. There is MSR Cresson, MSR Houston, Eagles Canyon, Texas World Speedway, and Grand Sport Speedway.

donate https://secure.echoalley.com/actionfund-lenz/

RIP Phatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by DepPravacion View Post
helmet mohawks are kinda like those BS vents people add to their fenders...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page