2 tickets at once!!! - 600RR.net
Mid West A place for riders from the Mid West to set up group rides

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 10:46 PM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
2 tickets at once!!!

So apparently there's been a lotta threads in regards of Officers stopping rider's in our community and pulling them over cus their license plate is not properly placed, meaning that they cannot see it "well enough".

So my buddy today going to school got pulled over by a Officer in the North Dallas area (Allen, pretty well known for their cops being tough), got 2 tickets and a warning because 1) his plate was tucked, and 2) because his inspection was out of date (due to him working on his bike for 1+ year, which he was going to remedy and has remedied today), and the warning was for his inspection sticker not being displayed to the rear as well. Which the officer said he could technically take him to jail and impound his bike for (which i don't really understand why)...

Any way thought everyone in the Allen, TX area should know or in Texas at least apparently by law it is a citation-able offense if you do not 1) show your plate to the rear in a clear visible manner, meaning it cannot point down to the dirt and cannot be tucked, and 2) inspection sticker must be facing to and displayed to the rear as well.

Anyway I'm curious to know if anyone knows if getting two tickets in a row like that if they can both be dismissed after fixing it?

Oh well, guess he learned his lesson X), Happy riding!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 11:40 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

I wonder if you told your buddy what you told AF4iK. That you're glad the officer did his job. That he basically got what he deserved and to not be butt hurt.

Some how I doubt thats how it went down.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 01:13 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

It's standard practice to hunt down every revenue generating violation possible once they have you pulled over for something. Tucking the plate is a very well known no-no and it gave the cop an easy to defend reason for the stop. Each violation is treated individually so you can get those kinds of things dismissed by the court, one by one for the customary fee of course.

As for getting arrested... A LEO on one of the TX forums said there were only two things in the code you can't be arrested for when stopped - speeding and open container (don't ask me why it's those two things ). For everything else they can take you in and impound your bike.

Bottom line - don't give them an easy reason for a stop.

Enjoy every minute of life!

Current stable:
05 Honda CBR 600RR (track only)
06 BMW R1200 GS (sold)
08 Honda CBR 1000RR (street only)
12 BMW K1600GTL

IBA# 57849

Motorcycle Road Trips I've Taken: http://lonemuser.blogspot.com/p/moto...rip-index.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page