Hawaii - 600RR.net
Australia A place for riders from Australia to set up group rides

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2014, 07:36 PM Thread Starter
Training Wheel Hero

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Hawaii

let me start this by O___o.

I just moved to Hawaii, brought my bike of coarse, however the state laws here are fierce. I came from VA. I did all the light mods when i got the bike a couple years ago.... and its ALL ILLEGAL. I'm trying to figure if i should try and snag someones stock stuff off ebay (not having a lot of luck) and keep an inspection bag (change it out for the inspections every year) or spend the money and try to make legal look tolerable. Anyone have any suggestions on some custom stuff?? Or maybe somewhere I can go on Oahu to get this done?

2008 CBR600RR with flush mounts that have to go back, and i have and integrated taillight above the exhaust. My plate right now... is literally in her the battery box.... obvi not gunna work out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-19-2014, 11:31 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

if you want to take the time every year pulling stuff off and putting stock stuff on then reverse that procedure after yearly inspections more power to you, but I would assume that if at any time you get pulled over in between inspections you could possibly be ticketed for illegal mods, there is noting wrong with the way the bike looks stock but I understand wanting to have a more customized bike. If I were you I would just bite the bullet switch back to stock and just be happy to ride.

Unless life also hands you sugar and water your lemonade is going to suck
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 06:53 PM
lvu
Training Wheel Hero

Its a real pain in the ass i know. The best thing to do is just own a stock set up and every year spend an hour changing it all out.

Consider it yearly work.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 10:32 PM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What are the laws? No altering of the stock bike at all? Do they require a helmet?

Last edited by daddy_regis; 01-26-2014 at 10:37 PM.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 11:14 PM
Knee Dragger

I would check the laws first. For all we know they might not even have motorcycles inspection just like here in jersey.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 11:22 PM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Some things are easier to swap than others, but everything should be plug and play nowadays. Just run something that takes a short while to switch out once a year.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-01-2014, 12:26 PM
Knee Dragger

Have you checked into the integrated mirrors. You should be able to get away with that since the GSXRs come with those stock. You still can probably keep the integrated tail light too and just add brackets in the back and post up some better looking blinkers that still stick out. I hope those ideas work because I am getting ready to move to Hawaii as well (this summer) and I plan on doing those things to mine. I will ask my cousin what he did to his or if he kept it stock while he was there. Please post the final verdict on what has to be done.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-21-2014, 07:56 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
i know this is old but a lot of inspection places don't realize the laws have changed. Your best bet on Oahu is Skullys in Waipahu and the Honda dealership by airport.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page