I agree completely. Do you deck out in gear as shown for say a five mile trip to work. Short commuting trips?
Does not matter where i am going or how far i am going
i wear all my gear or simply ride the Jeep Liberty i own
Statistics are very high when in comes to % of accidents that
occur within 5 miles from your residence .
That tells you that motorcyclists drop their guards big time
& feel their sense of security is not at risk simply because they are
not away from home and are going on a short quick errand
Will the lady on the cell phone cut you some slack just because
you are going on a short errand of course not she is late
for the baseball practice
Shades of gray ( site member ) posted this link
The Hurt Report
A few of my favorite findings --
2. Approximately one-fourth of these motorcycle accidents were single vehicle accidents involving the motorcycle colliding with the roadway or some fixed object in the environment.
[That essentially means that the motorcyclist was at fault in only 1/4 of the accidents; riding chill won't save you]
12. Most motorcycle accidents involve a short trip associated with shopping, errands, friends, entertainment or recreation, and the accident is likely to happen in a very short time close to the trip origin.
29. The typical motorcycle accident allows the motorcyclist just less than 2 seconds to complete all collision avoidance action.
45. Voluntary safety helmet use by those accident-involved motorcycle riders was lowest for untrained, uneducated, young motorcycle riders on hot days and short trips.
53. Sixty percent of the motorcyclists were not wearing safety helmets at the time of the accident. Of this group, 26% said they did not wear helmets because they were uncomfortable and inconvenient, and 53% simply had no expectation of accident involvement.
[Just because you don't plan on crashing, e.g. just running errands, doesn't mean it won't happen.]
Thank you shades