Yes, I really was THIS bored... lmao - 600RR.net
Pictures & Video/Sound Clips Post up your pictures, videos and sound clips here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 02:52 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Yes, I really was THIS bored... lmao

So I was trying to kill some time today prior to UPS dropping off my new boots so I decided to make a little video showing the progress of my bike and current mods, as little as they are. :01_thumbu

I have a pair of Chatterbox HJC-FRC Multi-sport+. PM me for price; individually or for both.
PIC 1 and PIC 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 03:09 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
And the academy award goes to...

Lol, nice progress...

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 03:24 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblaahhh6 View Post
And the academy award goes to...

Lol, nice progress...
Thanks... lol UPS tracking gave me a time frame so I didn't want to leave the house and really couldn't clean the bike more than I already had.

I have a pair of Chatterbox HJC-FRC Multi-sport+. PM me for price; individually or for both.
PIC 1 and PIC 2
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 03:28 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Ha- I got a UPS delivery tomorrow (Sidi Boots & Street Pants) and they usually come between 2 & 3, but my bikes at the DAMN SHOP!!! So there will be no cleaning or riding until I get the call from them (which will hopefully be real soon)...

post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 03:31 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dblaahhh6 View Post
Ha- I got a UPS delivery tomorrow (Sidi Boots & Street Pants)
That was exactly my order! lmao Sidi b-2's my feet made sweet sweet love to them all day and night. :hump:

PIC 1 and PIC 2
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 03:56 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

That's great to hear, cause I ordered the Streetburners and CANNOT wait to try them out...

post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 04:11 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 6 reviews
Hey Slick, what tail light model is that? I went to customled.com and didn't see one for the 07+ models yet. How does it fit? Do you have a gap between the lens? Any information in regards to your experiences with the light would help. Thanks in advance.

Ride as if there is a tomorrow to live for.

FS: Dainese Wave V1 Neck Armor Jacket

FS: Dainese Torque Pro Out Air Boot (Euro 41)

2007 Honda CBR600rr Black/Silver - Stolen May 10, 2013 - RIP Evolet

2008 Honda CBR600rr Red/Black
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 04:12 AM
Moto GP Racer

Nice bike by the way; I really like the all silver.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 04:53 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Wong View Post
Hey Slick, what tail light model is that? I went to customled.com and didn't see one for the 07+ models yet. How does it fit? Do you have a gap between the lens? Any information in regards to your experiences with the light would help. Thanks in advance.
I, along with another member which I got the idea from, purchased the 03-06 model and the flasher relay. I took a dremel sanding wheel to some of the edges that made it not fit so well. Just kept sanding till I found it to be satisfactory then with the tail off, force it in and used masking tape to hold it in place and trimmed the black inner tray and put the tail back on and removed the tape. It's pressure fitted in there (basically the black tray holds it in place) and I've put 1500ish miles on it and it's going NOWHERE. The only gap you can see is if you get under the bike and look up at the corner edge it has maybe an 1/8" gap, but not affecting anything, nor noticable to anyone but you. As far as quality and brightness, FAR better than any stock light, plenty of customizing patterns and strobe effect. Plenty bright during direct sunlight and BLINDING at night. You can also adjust the brightness at running and braking. (Bonus) If you do end up going with the light, which I strongly recommend, my buddy bought one with the relay but totaled his bike a day before he got it and would sell it at least $10 cheaper with shipping. Still in the package it was shipped and unopened. Let me know.

PIC 1 and PIC 2
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-13-2009, 05:19 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
NICE VIDEO MAN !! ... im getting that same helmet but i dont know weather to go with a black sheild or a mirror sheild... what do u think looks better OP ?

09 black 250r : SOLD :(
2008 red 600rr
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 02:46 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaygraci View Post
NICE VIDEO MAN !! ... im getting that same helmet but i dont know weather to go with a black sheild or a mirror sheild... what do u think looks better OP ?
I paid the $80 for the mirrored shield and LOVE it during the day. Direct sunlight is not a problem and it just looks BA. During the night however, it sucks if youre not on well lit roads. Changing to the clear visor isnt much of a pain once you do it a few times to "break in" the notches. Takes literally 30 seconds to swap so overall I love the mirrored visor. Well worth it IMO for daytime riding.

PIC 1 and PIC 2
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 03:29 AM
Knee Dragger

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You were definitely bored. But nice bike. Only.... No Honda Love? you took all the decals off!!!! Looks sharp without the pointless ones, but you hafta sport that 600RR on the tail!

'08 CBR600RR

Power is Nothing without Control.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 04:31 AM
Moto GP Racer

Hrmmm, I'll definitely think about it. Nonetheless, thanks for all the information. Problems for me: 1) I don't own a dremel 2) I've read other posts where members spent HOURS trimming it to fit correctly. I'm also kind of leaning towards Tripage's kit. I'll let you know if I'm interested though. Thanks again man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slick08rr View Post
I, along with another member which I got the idea from, purchased the 03-06 model and the flasher relay. I took a dremel sanding wheel to some of the edges that made it not fit so well. Just kept sanding till I found it to be satisfactory then with the tail off, force it in and used masking tape to hold it in place and trimmed the black inner tray and put the tail back on and removed the tape. It's pressure fitted in there (basically the black tray holds it in place) and I've put 1500ish miles on it and it's going NOWHERE. The only gap you can see is if you get under the bike and look up at the corner edge it has maybe an 1/8" gap, but not affecting anything, nor noticable to anyone but you. As far as quality and brightness, FAR better than any stock light, plenty of customizing patterns and strobe effect. Plenty bright during direct sunlight and BLINDING at night. You can also adjust the brightness at running and braking. (Bonus) If you do end up going with the light, which I strongly recommend, my buddy bought one with the relay but totaled his bike a day before he got it and would sell it at least $10 cheaper with shipping. Still in the package it was shipped and unopened. Let me know.

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRaiders3102 View Post
You were definitely bored. But nice bike. Only.... No Honda Love? you took all the decals off!!!! Looks sharp without the pointless ones, but you hafta sport that 600RR on the tail!
When I bought it with a mere 700 miles on it, they were all gone but the warning labels!!! lol The guy kinda went a$$ backwards with that but now I've grown so accustomed to it, I like not having a single sticker on her.

PIC 1 and PIC 2
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-14-2009, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Pocketbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Wong View Post
Hrmmm, I'll definitely think about it. Nonetheless, thanks for all the information. Problems for me: 1) I don't own a dremel 2) I've read other posts where members spent HOURS trimming it to fit correctly. I'm also kind of leaning towards Tripage's kit. I'll let you know if I'm interested though. Thanks again man.

You're more than welcome man. I, too was gonna go with Tripage's light but couldn't wait any longer. I didn't have a stock light and the one the first owner put up there blew and I actually believed I was going to get a$$ packed from someone not seeing me. No more my friend.

PIC 1 and PIC 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page