polics officer tackles motorcyclist... - 600RR.net
Pictures & Video/Sound Clips Post up your pictures, videos and sound clips here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 05:48 PM
luckydevil

polics officer tackles motorcyclist...

http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/02/07/po....ap/index.html

it says there is a video of it but no link??? anyone seen this anywhere?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 05:52 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
"Garland Police Chief Mitch Bates said he hoped the firings would protect his department's integrity. He said the video was not released until the criminal case against Shaw was resolved. "

Will get vid soon I suspect. Hope the bike was undamaged though cant see how it didnt fall...
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 05:56 PM
luckydevil

i'm sorry but i am on the cops side on this one. they got fired for tackling a guy that ran from them??? wtf? like they can't tackle people running away from them? i cannot believe they got fired and all that other bad stuff for some dumb ass on a bike that ran from them in the first place.
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 06:06 PM

good point lucky but don't you think there are some cops out there with problems...i think i just made my point...

- D
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 06:06 PM
Moto GP Racer

http://www.wfaa.com/cgi-bin/bi/vide...l?title=5729810

That's the video

Marshall
Red '03 #678
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 06:08 PM

"The two other officers, William Mott and Demarcus Banda, were fired for making "untruthful" reports about the case, Bates said."

those cops tried covering up...that's all BS!!!

- D
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mabbottusmc
http://www.wfaa.com/cgi-bin/bi/vide...l?title=5729810

That's the video
Linky no worky! :(

Cheers,
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 06:20 PM
luckydevil

hahahaha... dumb ass got popped football style. if he decided to run he shouldn't have stopped :?

to see the vid go to www.wfaa.com then scroll to the bottom of the page. it is the last story in the big text.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 06:36 PM

yuck real player... i refuse to use that service.!
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 06:41 PM

post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 06:58 PM

Straight from the horses mouth...

http://www.dallasnews.com/s/dws/news....8cfa3a47.html

Use the following credentials since it will ask for a login.
Login: [email protected]
Password: noone10
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 08:54 PM
luckydevil

copied from bravo's link...

Garland police fire officer after confrontation
07:53 PM CST on Friday, February 6, 2004

By RICHARD ABSHIRE / The Dallas Morning News

GARLAND -The Garland Police Department released a squad car videotape of a violent confrontation between officers and a motorcyclist Friday after fired police officer Glen Shaw pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor assault charge.

Mr. Shaw was sentenced to two years probation, fined $600, and ordered to undergo anger management counseling. If the terms of his probation are violated, Mr. Shaw will serve one year in jail.

Also online

Video: Bert Lozano reports
As part of his plea agreement, he also signed a permanent relinquishment of his Texas peace officer’s license, according to Pat Batchelor, chief of the public integrity section of the Dallas County District Attorney’s office.

Garland police chief Mitch Bates suspended Mr. Shaw for 15 days without pay following the September 6, 2003, incident in which Mr. Shaw was found to have used excessive force against motorcyclist Randall James Ling.

Mr. Ling, who allegedly led Mr. Shaw and other officers on a high-speed chase on the Bush Turnpike, was later indicted for felony fleeing.

Chief Bates fired Mr. Shaw and two other officers - William Mott and Demarcus Banda - on January 14after an investigation by the Dallas office of the Texas Rangers.

At the press conference Friday, Chief Bates played the tape and gave copies to reporters. He described his actions in firing the officers as a defense of his department’s integrity.

“We are there to support, defend and protect our community,” he said. “We will continue to vigorously enforce the law. However, we will do so in accordance with our policies and in accordance with the law.”

The tape shows Officer Shaw lunge at Mr. Ling, who is sitting astride his motorcycle after stopping. Both men fall to the ground off-camera and the sounds of a scuffle are audible.

Mr. Batchelor said no charges would be filed against Mr. Mott or Mr. Banda, who were terminated for making “untruthful” reports of the incident.

He said that an assault conviction of a police officer arising from an on-duty incident was unusual.

“Thank goodness it’s not a common occurrence,” Mr. Batchelor said. “The excellent investigation by Ranger Sgt. Terry Welch made our job very easy. He did an outstanding job.”

Officials had resisted requests for release of the videotape until the criminal case against Mr. Shaw was resolved.

“We no longer have a valid reason under the law to keep the tape,” Mr. Batchelor said.

Attorney Jane Bishkin, who represents Mr. Shaw and Mr. Banda, said she agreed that the tape should be released.

“It involves police officers and they are public servants and the public has a right to see it,” she said.

She said Mr. Banda felt he had been unfairly disciplined and he intended to appeal his termination to a third-party hearing examiner.

“His position is that he was simply doing his job, trying to handcuff a suspect who was not complying,” Ms. Bishkin said. “All his focus was on Ling’s back. He heard things but did not see anything. He was not aware of any misconduct and did not lie.”
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 02-09-2004, 09:14 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Sometimes cops have anger built up too, just like postal workers.

That does not justify their actions. They got what they deserved. I got pulled over for "racing with a cage". The cop was REAL! aggresive. I'm a pacific person, had that cop not been a cop, i would swong on him. He was just too damn aggresive. So i kept my cool and won the case in cout. This kid should sue. Emotional disress, he crys everytime he sees the scratches on the bike, he shivers everytime he sees a cop, fk-it, why not get paid.

DOnt get me wrong, cops, et others, saved my life, and I'm grateful, but they are human too, and deserve to be treated as equals to the rest of us.

**STOLEN!**
Red/Black '03 Honda CBR 600RR
Stock Engine & Drive Train
Red LEDs - LOTS of them
Red Right Headlight
Red Center Light
Black Windscreen
LP V Short Stalks -Rear
Graphic Art Moto Design FlushMounts - Front
www.jareau.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page