the Lightning SuperBike Top 200 MPH and Break a Land Speed Record! Read more: VIDEO: - 600RR.net
Pictures & Video/Sound Clips Post up your pictures, videos and sound clips here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-29-2011, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
i love juggggggggzzz

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
the Lightning SuperBike Top 200 MPH and Break a Land Speed Record! Read more: VIDEO:

i doubt its a repost, hope its not a repost, secretly i dont care if it is.

http://inhabitat.com/video-watch-the...-speed-record/

VIDEO: Watch the Lightning SuperBike Top 200 MPH and Break a Land Speed Record!

Quote:
Last week we announced that the Lighting Electric SuperBike broke the land speed record for electric motorcycles at the Bonneville Salt Flats Speed Week by jumping over 200 miles per hour — eventually reaching 218 mph. Now we bring you something even cooler – a video of the record breaking ride. The Lighting crew installed an on-board camera on the super-fast no-emissions motorcycle and now they are bringing that footage to the world. Watch the bike go over 200 miles per hour in the video after the jump.

The 2011 Lightning Electric SuperBike actually broke a record of 173 mph that the Lightning crew had recorded on an older version of their electric motorcycle in 2010. The 2011 bike was driven with a purpose built “tuxedo” — basically an aerodynamic cover — during the test runs where it officially clocked 206 mph in its speed test. If you have a need for speed you can purchase your very own Lightning Electric SuperBike for the not-so-small price tag of $40,000.

The bike has an EPA certified battery range of over 150 miles for city/highway and a 100 mile usable freeway range. The SuperBike is powered by an Ener1 battery that feeds a Remy HVH250™ electric propulsion motor. It is the fastest electric motorcycle in its class worldwide and the fastest motorcycle for sale in North America — though you’d have to have it shipped in, it isn’t technically available on this continent.

Last edited by xxumattuxx; 08-30-2011 at 03:33 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 12:37 AM
BOTM Winner 05/15

Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Damn, that is awesome. Sounded like it had one hell of a turbo with that whine. Kept waiting to hear the shift. It says it has a range of 150 miles on a charge, with would be similar to the range I get on a tank of gas. Not bad!

-Chad

"Logically, any motorcyclist can do 60* of lean. The trick is coming back up again." - Neal Spalding
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 12:47 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
but will it blend ?? ;)

"Why are there so many memes and jokes about Chuck Norris but no jokes about Bruce Lee?
I answered: "Because, Bruce Lee is no joke."

- some guy on youtube
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 08-30-2011, 03:30 AM Thread Starter
i love juggggggggzzz

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhjiln View Post
but will it blend ?? ;)
yes.

The Following User Says Thank You to xxumattuxx For This Useful Post:
sincalirider (08-30-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page