Extreme texting - 600RR.net
Pictures & Video/Sound Clips Post up your pictures, videos and sound clips here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 11:29 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Extreme texting

Not sure if its a re-post, but worth watching if you haven't seen it before...

Same action from a different angle

RiggedCarShots.com - Car and Bike Photography in Utah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 11:34 PM
World Superbike Racer

If I were a cop, I'd pull him over and try as hard as I can to warn him about the dangers of texting on the road, then leave him with a warning.

Though, in reality, I wouldn't mind if this dude lost his license.

post #3 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 11:39 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
where's unexpected road debris and/or wildlife when you need them

The Following User Says Thank You to struckbylitenin For This Useful Post:
03cbr-rider (10-10-2011)
post #4 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 11:39 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

I respect the fearlessness and the skill to achieve something like this. I close my eyes on everything else...

post #5 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 11:47 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 80 reviews
What a moron. The word respect should be nowhere in this thread. On a closed course, cool. On open highway? Bike should be impounded and he should be fined for texting and operating a MV. A law that we as riders support for our own safety.
post #6 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-09-2011, 11:57 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by busyychild View Post
What a moron. The word respect should be nowhere in this thread. On a closed course, cool. On open highway? Bike should be impounded and he should be fined for texting and operating a MV. A law that we as riders support for our own safety.
well, if you pay attention to the video instead of freaking out you would notice that the highway is completely empty(in fact, it could have been setup this way for the ride) and the person who is doing the stunt had started it away from the main group(they all just gained on him later).

as for the laws... this only applies if you had never broken them yourself, otherwise you are just another raving hypocrite...

post #7 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 03:19 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
youtube "ride of the century 2011" they pretty much have so many bikes they can do whatever they want. here they just stop on the highway and start stunting. in one of the vids, they all blast through a roadblock. just giving us all a bad rep IMO

post #8 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 04:37 AM
*BOTM Feb '11, Mar '12*

Thanked 1,191 Times in 901 Posts
Feedback Score: 27 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLine;[URL="tel:3257442"
3257442[/URL]]well, if you pay attention to the video instead of freaking out you would notice that the highway is completely empty(in fact, it could have been setup this way for the ride) and the person who is doing the stunt had started it away from the main group(they all just gained on him later).

as for the laws... this only applies if you had never broken them yourself, otherwise you are just another raving hypocrite...
Empty highway =/= Closed course

What about road debris or animals like someone had mentioned? Way too many variables that can happen on the street. You honestly think a small MC got the funds together to shut down a highway? These guys are reckless.

As for the breaking laws remark, sure I speed on occasion (10 mph over because tickets are expensive) but that doesn't group me with these idiots. I'm sure you've jaywalk before, does that make hit and run drivers on the same level as you?

post #9 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 05:26 AM
Pocketbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by sincalirider View Post
Empty highway =/= Closed course

What about road debris or animals like someone had mentioned? Way too many variables that can happen on the street. You honestly think a small MC got the funds together to shut down a highway? These guys are reckless.

As for the breaking laws remark, sure I speed on occasion (10 mph over because tickets are expensive) but that doesn't group me with these idiots. I'm sure you've jaywalk before, does that make hit and run drivers on the same level as you?

sure he's got talent, but.. not cool.
post #10 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 05:58 AM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,718 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadLine View Post

Wrong, the rider is a moron.
post #11 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 06:15 AM
awd-turbo

am i the only one who is impressed by him pretty much staying in his lane??? **** drivers on 4 wheels, facing the right way cant stay in their lane like this guy did! hahahahaha
post #12 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 06:31 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

RESPECT!!!, if you dont agree,

1. ur prbbly jealous u dnt have his skills
2. GFU
post #13 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 10:54 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by samir.alsaleh View Post

2. GFU
Sure, I might be somewhat jealous of the abilities this guy has, but that's not why I hate on him. He and his friends are the reason why insurance is so high for us- people who not only screw **** up for the rest of us but play around like it's all a game.

Also, learn to type coherently. You're not texting on a motorcycle, learn a thing or two about at least appearing like you've graduated from high school.

post #14 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 11:16 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

What do you guys mean closed highway. I'm sure behind those hundreds of bikers are 10 miles of bumper to bumper traffic because this one guy wanted to try something new that he probably could have done in a mall parking lot. As far as I'm concerned, this should be considered a felony for everyone involved. What if (god forbid) an ambulance was rushing someone minutes from death to the hospital or a pregnant women going into labor? I'm sure 1/4 of the traffic is going to work, now definitely late and possibly fired.

This is the reason people hate bikers. After all that built up road rage, I'd be on the verge of running over a biker too. Not to mention the built up aggravation the police have at this point. Again, if I were a cop, I would probably take out all of that on the next poor soul I see on a street bike... then people ask why cops hate street bikes too.

If you want to have some fun like this, just go to an abandoned lot or behind a wallmart. Hell, malls usually open around noon on sundays. Theres hundreds of acres of empty lots for you right there. At the very least, pull your wheelie and move at the pace of traffic or gtf out of my way.

/end rant
post #15 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-10-2011, 11:53 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyleronanrr View Post
What do you guys mean closed highway. I'm sure behind those hundreds of bikers are 10 miles of bumper to bumper traffic because this one guy wanted to try something new that he probably could have done in a mall parking lot. As far as I'm concerned, this should be considered a felony for everyone involved. What if (god forbid) an ambulance was rushing someone minutes from death to the hospital or a pregnant women going into labor? I'm sure 1/4 of the traffic is going to work, now definitely late and possibly fired.

This is the reason people hate bikers. After all that built up road rage, I'd be on the verge of running over a biker too. Not to mention the built up aggravation the police have at this point. Again, if I were a cop, I would probably take out all of that on the next poor soul I see on a street bike... then people ask why cops hate street bikes too.

If you want to have some fun like this, just go to an abandoned lot or behind a wallmart. Hell, malls usually open around noon on sundays. Theres hundreds of acres of empty lots for you right there. At the very least, pull your wheelie and move at the pace of traffic or gtf out of my way.

/end rant

I'm with you there, man.

I'm not going to lie, I've done some stupid stuff on my bike. I've treated some canyon roads like I was Rossi, putting myself and possibly others in danger.

Now that I've grown up (mentally and physically since) I realize how much impact my stupid shite can do to someone else. I could never live with someone else's blood on my hands.

If I go fast, I do it on the track or I do it on a corner that I have gone through many times and am sure no one is there (via chatterbox). These guys who are posting videos of reckless riding around neighborhoods and crap is really getting to me, along with this. I want to choke this crap out of these kids because of the image they're giving us.

post #16 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 12:19 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 10 reviews
wow, that has got to be the dumbest sh*t i've ever seen.
post #17 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 06:13 AM
Pocketbike Racer

DANG!!!...was hoping for him to hit a nice big/deep pothole...stupid stunter...take that to a closed enviro...agree with everyone that says THIS is why sport riders get the bad rep we hav!

Mods -
Jardine Carbon RT-1
Tripage - Knight Rider 3rd Eye
ASV blk/blk shorties (clutch & break)
PC'd blk swingarm & rear sets
Proton Flush Mounts
Flat blk plastics with Gloss blk decals

Mods to Come -
Frame Sliders
HID head lights - 6k 35w
PC III/V

post #18 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 06:27 AM
awd-turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyleronanrr View Post

/end rant

yup def not closed... u can see cars merging onto the ******* road infront of him!
post #19 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 07:39 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
He has balls, nothing else.

Again, facking idiot.

Wonder where we get a bad name?

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." E. Hemingway
post #20 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 11:01 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 22 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by samir.alsaleh View Post

2. GFU
You really respect these morons! I'm not jealous because I have no urge to stunt. I think its the lamest thing you can do on one of these bikes. Show me a guy on the track backing it in and then spinning up the rear exiting the corner and I'll show respect, but to show it to a bunch of idiots giving all bikers a bad name, no thanks. And by the way why don't you GFU!!!!

post #21 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 01:08 PM
Training Wheel Hero

We just had a stunt ride here in Louisville Ky a couple weeks ago where this gentleman was doing the same stunt as the Ride of the Century in St. Louis. There were 50 bikes or so and while plenty of traffic laws were broken there was no incident with the police (although we went past several).

These type of stunts were performed on a long open stretch of highway and while I am sure a few motorists were upset with us taking up all the lanes we would have gladly made way for emergency vehicles. At the time there were very few cars on the road anyway so there really was very little impact.

Our local stunt team organizes these rides a couple times a year so it is by no means a regular occurrence. The majority of the ride is spent off the highway riding around downtown and surrounding areas. I can assure you that while some motorists may be upset by a brief delay due to the number of bikes most of them waved and even followed us to watch. Pedestrians on the road and tourists downtown also got a cool unexpected show as well as the local kids at the skate park. The atmosphere was actually almost like a parade.

These guys do not regularly do these kind of tricks on the open road, there are specific practice areas where they meet and work on their technique. All the tricks are practiced hundreds of times off the road before anything is ever attempted on the road. Also I would say that they are professionals at wrecking, by that I mean that they have gone down countless times doing their stunts and are very aware of the risks that they are taking. We (the non-stunters) are also very much aware of the possible mishap and thus stay a safe distance away from anybody doing tricks.

So I agree that it is stupid to do crazy stunts on the open road because of the variables and the danger level, however given the specifics on the particular ride/day I was tagging along I would say the danger level was minimal. There is also always a couple trucks in the event of an accident that can pick up damaged bikes. We had a guy go down and within a few min his bike was loaded up and we were able to keep rolling.

I completely understand and expect most people to find this behavior totally unacceptable. I guess it all comes down to how you can justify and rationalize various behaviors. Some people think speeding in any form or fashion is terrible, others think 10-15mph over isn't a big deal, while others go well over 100mph and still feel responsible in their actions. Personally I think that some of the tricks are crazy and it is irresponsible to perform them on the road, however it is fun to get together with 50 other guys and watch and enjoy a few hour ride together.

Please try to turn down the hate a little bit if you can, I just felt the need to try and explain since this stunter is actually a pretty cool guy and really does have some incredible talent even if perhaps lacking a bit of risk evaluation skills.

post #22 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 01:56 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 7 reviews
you'll never see me doing that bullshit or taking part in any "ride" like that (if you can call that clusterfuck a ride).

Anyone who tries to justify these actions on open / public roads is an imbecile, plain and simple. If you need to show off and make your d1ck feel bigger, go get a huge truck or put rims on your POS like everyone else.

post #23 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 03:02 PM
AMA Supersport Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCAPP View Post
We just had a stunt ride here in Louisville Ky a couple weeks ago where this gentleman was doing the same stunt as the Ride of the Century in St. Louis. There were 50 bikes or so and while plenty of traffic laws were broken there was no incident with the police (although we went past several).

These type of stunts were performed on a long open stretch of highway and while I am sure a few motorists were upset with us taking up all the lanes we would have gladly made way for emergency vehicles. At the time there were very few cars on the road anyway so there really was very little impact.

Our local stunt team organizes these rides a couple times a year so it is by no means a regular occurrence. The majority of the ride is spent off the highway riding around downtown and surrounding areas. I can assure you that while some motorists may be upset by a brief delay due to the number of bikes most of them waved and even followed us to watch. Pedestrians on the road and tourists downtown also got a cool unexpected show as well as the local kids at the skate park. The atmosphere was actually almost like a parade.

These guys do not regularly do these kind of tricks on the open road, there are specific practice areas where they meet and work on their technique. All the tricks are practiced hundreds of times off the road before anything is ever attempted on the road. Also I would say that they are professionals at wrecking, by that I mean that they have gone down countless times doing their stunts and are very aware of the risks that they are taking. We (the non-stunters) are also very much aware of the possible mishap and thus stay a safe distance away from anybody doing tricks.

So I agree that it is stupid to do crazy stunts on the open road because of the variables and the danger level, however given the specifics on the particular ride/day I was tagging along I would say the danger level was minimal. There is also always a couple trucks in the event of an accident that can pick up damaged bikes. We had a guy go down and within a few min his bike was loaded up and we were able to keep rolling.

I completely understand and expect most people to find this behavior totally unacceptable. I guess it all comes down to how you can justify and rationalize various behaviors. Some people think speeding in any form or fashion is terrible, others think 10-15mph over isn't a big deal, while others go well over 100mph and still feel responsible in their actions. Personally I think that some of the tricks are crazy and it is irresponsible to perform them on the road, however it is fun to get together with 50 other guys and watch and enjoy a few hour ride together.

Please try to turn down the hate a little bit if you can, I just felt the need to try and explain since this stunter is actually a pretty cool guy and really does have some incredible talent even if perhaps lacking a bit of risk evaluation skills.
No ones saying it doesn't look fun... but in that 2 minute video, any car that caught up, was stuck doing 25 in a 70. I'm going to go on a limb and guess this ride was more than 2 minutes though. They did at least 3 exits and at that rate, probably took 10-20 minutes to do so. If I were a pedestrian at the time of this ride, yea, I would watch, clap, and have a good time. If I was on the way to dinner or heading home, no big deal either. I would probably watch, count it as time lost and not really care. If I was heading somewhere with a time restraint such as a job or appointment or driving my pregnant girl friend to the hospital, I would wish ill upon everyone involved.

Also, if you want to put yourself at risk, go for it. No one cares. Most people will just ignore a 100+mph driver too. You see the ass hole for 3 seconds and they are gone. Usually they will also slow up in traffic and let someone going even faster pass. No big deal. At the very least, this group could have left one lane open for cars to get by. This cannot be compared to anything you tried comparing it to other than a heard of cows who decided to wander onto a freeway and refuse to move. And even still, some people love seeing cows so there goes your awe factor too.

If you want to do this ****, gtfo of public road ways... especially a freeway. No one cares about your little penis. You would be singing a completely different tune if a crowd of Harley riders were traveling at 20mph on the interstate and you were stuck behind them for a half hour... an episode of south park comes to mind... FAGS! (not trying to name call, if you saw the episode, you will understand)
post #24 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 03:44 PM
Knee Dragger

Well put Tyler, I'm with you on this one.
post #25 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-11-2011, 03:59 PM
Knee Dragger

I think those guys are from area, 518, pretty good stunters but i agree with some post about it being dangerous, i would never have the balls to do that though!
post #26 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 01:16 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
I'd be pissed if these idiots were blocking my road with this bullsh!t.

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." E. Hemingway
post #27 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-12-2011, 04:28 AM
BOTM Winner 05/15

Feedback Score: 28 reviews
I find it funny that some of you guys are stupid enough to actually WISH and HOPE that this guy hits something and wipes out. I definitely do not think what he is doing is right, and yes, bike impounding, loss of license, and ticket would be warranted, but to actually want a fellow rider to crash, and possibly get injured, is beyond me. If he, or any other rider goes down doing something stupid such as this, am I going to feel bad for him, no. I think what he is doing is quite stupid, as there are too many variables that could go wrong. The same goes for the canyon carvers who shred the back roads.

Some of you people need to think a little before you type....

-Chad

"Logically, any motorcyclist can do 60* of lean. The trick is coming back up again." - Neal Spalding
post #28 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 08:44 AM
Knee Dragger

thats nuts! i wonderwhat a police man would have said if he was caught
post #29 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 09:30 AM
Training Wheel Hero

friggin ridiculous.
post #30 of 38 (permalink) Old 10-13-2011, 07:34 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

I don't know any of you personally, but I had been on many rides with people from the local club and any time there are more then 5 riders get together, ride turns into Stunt Central USA! BUT... whenever I post a video like this everyone is acting so Goody Two-Shoes... so fake!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page