Mega Factories Ducati - 600RR.net
Pictures & Video/Sound Clips Post up your pictures, videos and sound clips here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-22-2011, 11:46 PM Thread Starter
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Mega Factories Ducati

Ducati will feature in the new series of National Geographic’s popular TV program, Megafactories, with an episode dedicated to revealing how the Italian factory created the innovative and highly technological Multistrada 1200 S.

The 55 minute program, which was recorded entirely at Ducati’s headquarters in Bologna and surrounding areas, is a “must see” for any motorcycle enthusiast. Interviews with all key personnel involved in the Multistrada project, from Ducati President and CEO, Gabriele Del Torchio, to his team of designers, engineers, technicians and line workers, provide an exciting insight to the Multistrada story and an incredibly detailed view behind the scenes of the planning, design and engineering process of the famous factory in Bologna. Underlining the exclusiveness of the Megafactories material, camera crews were even allowed normally forbidden access to the top secret Ducati Corse racing department to reveal how the innovative 4-bikes-in-1 Multistrada combined technologies developed in the world of racing to set new industry benchmarks for road-going motorcycles.

National Geographic capture the passion of the famous Ducati brand and the strength of its loyal community of fans while documenting an in-depth and fascinating account of the concept, design, development, manufacture and assembly of the award-winning Multistrada.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to panda For This Useful Post:
dickturpin 1976 (10-23-2011), Moeman (10-23-2011), MotoMillion (10-29-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 12:05 AM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
@ 24:04 dear god that's ugly!
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 04:01 AM
Pocketbike Racer

wow good vid but that bike is just so UGLY!!!

oh and those two girls @ 41:04...they can polish my bike any time!!!

Mods -
Jardine Carbon RT-1
Tripage - Knight Rider 3rd Eye
ASV blk/blk shorties (clutch & break)
PC'd blk swingarm & rear sets
Proton Flush Mounts
Flat blk plastics with Gloss blk decals

Mods to Come -
Frame Sliders
HID head lights - 6k 35w
PC III/V

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 04:29 AM
Knee Dragger

i dig ducati's digital dashboards
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 04:54 AM
World Superbike Racer

the new multi is an all rounder bike. very fast like a superbike! rode my friends and its even faster than a 600 ss. and it cost double the 600s price. awesome bike! handles like a bigger supermoto. took it to 275kph and it can still move on a bit.

10 Ducati 1198S Corse
10 KTM 690 SMC
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 06:12 PM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by panda View Post
Ducati will feature in the new series of National Geographic’s popular TV program, Megafactories, with an episode dedicated to revealing how the Italian factory created the innovative and highly technological Multistrada 1200 S.

The 55 minute program, which was recorded entirely at Ducati’s headquarters in Bologna and surrounding areas, is a “must see” for any motorcycle enthusiast. Interviews with all key personnel involved in the Multistrada project, from Ducati President and CEO, Gabriele Del Torchio, to his team of designers, engineers, technicians and line workers, provide an exciting insight to the Multistrada story and an incredibly detailed view behind the scenes of the planning, design and engineering process of the famous factory in Bologna. Underlining the exclusiveness of the Megafactories material, camera crews were even allowed normally forbidden access to the top secret Ducati Corse racing department to reveal how the innovative 4-bikes-in-1 Multistrada combined technologies developed in the world of racing to set new industry benchmarks for road-going motorcycles.

National Geographic capture the passion of the famous Ducati brand and the strength of its loyal community of fans while documenting an in-depth and fascinating account of the concept, design, development, manufacture and assembly of the award-winning Multistrada.
nice vid mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewayz View Post
the new multi is an all rounder bike. very fast like a superbike! rode my friends and its even faster than a 600 ss. and it cost double the 600s price. awesome bike! handles like a bigger supermoto. took it to 275kph and it can still move on a bit.
faster than a 600 supersport??? wow didnt know that, imppressive.. my cousin got rid of his 08 R1 and got one of these. i thought it was a really nice looking bike for what it is, also comfy as hell!

on another note. i was commuting to work the other morning and was behind a ducati hypermotard. really digged the look of it bigtime had me thinking i wouldnt mind getting one for commuting myself. when we were lane splitting in the heavy traffic the guy would fold his mirrors in when getting to a tight spot and blast off, the mirrors are on the end of the handlebars. i couldnt do that with mine as i have aftermarket mirrors now after a little dropping incident the other week, when i twist the mirror it loosens the screw holding the mirror. (a little warning to people who need mirrors, buy OEM!! especially if you need to fold your mirrors in and out a lot) really cool looking bike though

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-23-2011, 06:23 PM
fall down 7times get up 8

Feedback Score: 30 reviews
gotta love that v-twin torque
after riding a 1200 fuel injected v-twin even my 750k6 trackbike felt anemic
not slow, but definitely down on power compared to the big twin lump

thanks for the reminder panda

race/ride support 2004 & beyond

"fall down seven times, get up eight"

" can't stop stupid sir, i can only slow it down....."

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 08:34 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickturpin 1976 View Post
nice vid mate

faster than a 600 supersport??? wow didnt know that, imppressive.. my cousin got rid of his 08 R1 and got one of these. i thought it was a really nice looking bike for what it is, also comfy as hell!

on another note. i was commuting to work the other morning and was behind a ducati hypermotard. really digged the look of it bigtime had me thinking i wouldnt mind getting one for commuting myself. when we were lane splitting in the heavy traffic the guy would fold his mirrors in when getting to a tight spot and blast off, the mirrors are on the end of the handlebars. i couldnt do that with mine as i have aftermarket mirrors now after a little dropping incident the other week, when i twist the mirror it loosens the screw holding the mirror. (a little warning to people who need mirrors, buy OEM!! especially if you need to fold your mirrors in and out a lot) really cool looking bike though
yup it is fast and very comfy bike! ofcourse! its a tourer! but runs like a superbike

10 Ducati 1198S Corse
10 KTM 690 SMC
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 08:40 AM
Moto GP Racer

Thanked 2,463 Times in 1,718 Posts
Feedback Score: 5 reviews
It took about 30 seconds to fall in love with my 1098S when I first rode it. It still thrills me.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 10-29-2011, 10:58 AM
Vendor

Feedback Score: 28 reviews
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page