Milan Bike Show (EICMA) 2011 - 600RR.net
Pictures & Video/Sound Clips Post up your pictures, videos and sound clips here!

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 01:23 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Milan Bike Show Pics - EICMA 2011

NOTE: Some of the pics in this thread are very large. It may take a moment for your computer to download them. Once it doesn't, they should automatically shrink to a smaller size, then you can press the button to make them larger if you like.

I went to EICMA today to see the bike show here in Milan and saw the new Ducati 1199 Panigale - it is awe-inspiring. I thought it looked great in pictures, but in person it's even better. That bike is a work of art. I've only been to 1 other show, in Osaka, Japan, which was great, but this one puts it to shame.

CBR1000RR was there, too, and looking very good. Not quite in the same league as the Panigale in terms of looks, but surely a spectacular machine. The new 600RR was there in red and white trim - it looked a little better than the pics Honda released, but not much.

Honda seems to have come out with a bunch of hybrid bikes - by that I mean something in between 2 classes, not power supply. Quite frankly, they're horrendous looking but probably a more practical option for most people. One of which is the CBR600F, which I had a sit on a few times. It's quite comfortable and looks a lot better in person, but is definitely not in the same class as the supersports in terms of appearance.

New MV Agusta 675s - F3 and the naked, Brutale - were on display, but the crowds were so bad in their cramped display area that I just got out of it asap. It was more or less impossible to have a sit on the bikes without a very long wait.

Dainese has come out with jackets that have airbags - this tech has been around for a while, but I think this is new for them (correct me if I'm wrong). Tried on a jacket by Clover, which I'd asked about before and they fit quite tight in case anyone's thinking of buying one. Note that Clover's jackets may come in a 0.9mm grain of leather and others in 1.3mm - AStars and Dainese usually use 1.3, I think, which is obviously stronger in an off, but a little heavier.

Mostly, I just wandered around taking pics and will try to put a few up here. Just one so far - I'll need a bit of time to process pics and weed out the bad ones. It was so crowded there wasn't really much time to set up the camera and no way to use a tripod so I'm not sure how good they'll be.

Last edited by Maaku; 11-13-2011 at 09:15 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maaku For This Useful Post:
CBR Time (11-12-2011)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 01:43 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Come on now i am sure you got more snap shots in that camera of yours please share thanks man

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 01:48 PM
Modcake with sprinkles

Feedback Score: 20 reviews
Ya hurry up and post some of the pictures.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 01:54 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Yeah, they're coming - I'll try to get the Panigale shots up in the next few hours - going out for a pizza now. I just need a little time to weed out the ones I screwed up and edit.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 01:57 PM
BOTM Winner 8/12 / Super Moderator

Thanked 1,043 Times in 921 Posts
Feedback Score: 12 reviews
yes more pics please ;) i have to wait a few months for the show here :(
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Here are the first few decent shots. I wasn't really able to move much and because it was wall-to-wall in there and a miracle to get a clear shot of anything. I also didn't have much time because so many people were waiting for their turn. Here's what I managed to get shots of.

First and foremost, a moment to remember Super Sic. Honda put one of his bikes on display with a few flowers next to it and some signs to remember Marco in the race bike area:

There was a bike from some other guy there, too:

The highlight of the show was the Panigale. Note that it looks quite long in some shots. In reality, the rear-end is very short and it only appears so long because I had to go down to 18mm on the camera to fit everything into the shot in some cases:

Last edited by Maaku; 11-12-2011 at 05:03 PM.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-12-2011, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

The real star of the Panigale exhibition.

Will try to get the CBR1000RR up soon...

Here it is:

More to come if anyone's interested, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow...

Last edited by Maaku; 11-21-2011 at 05:10 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Maaku For This Useful Post:
Moeman (11-12-2011)
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 03:56 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

There was a very large selection of custom bikes. It's not my thing so I didn't put too much effort into these shots, but here's a sample:

CR&S Cafe Racer - this is a company from Milan that mods these classic bikes into streetfighters (or so they say - not sure if I have the same idea of what a streetfighter is), etc.:

Ducati modded cafe racer:

Modded Yamaha Vmax - this thing looked way better in person:

Vmax model:

Asso special bikes - modded Harley (I think):

Harley Davidson Union:

Harley models:

Zero S - electric bike maker from Santa Cruz:

Brammo electric race bike - from Oregon:

Last edited by Maaku; 11-21-2011 at 05:12 PM.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 06:05 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Some exhausts, more or less - I visited the stands for Akrapovic, MIVV and a few others, but basically exhausts are better judged by their sound (imo) so I didn't bother with too many shots. Here are the more interesting pictures, not necessarily the more interesting exhausts.

Ducati Desmosedici GP11:

Zard:

Akrapovic for R1:

MV Agusta F4 exhaust:

MV Agusta F3, Serie Oro:

MV Agusta Brutale 675:

Headbanger (with straight pipe?): This company is Italy's answer to HD. Personally, I think the Headbanger bikes look a whole lot better, but seem a little contrived in their design.

Husqvarna E90 - no exhaust for this electricity-powered bike:

Last edited by Maaku; 11-21-2011 at 05:13 PM.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 06:44 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice pics....
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 06:52 AM
AMA Supersport Racer

Feedback Score: 22 reviews
The mounting point/linkage for the shock on the new 1198 is pretty interesting.

post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 08:27 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Models at the Honda exhibition:

Last edited by Maaku; 11-21-2011 at 05:15 PM.
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 12:24 PM
Vendor

Feedback Score: 28 reviews
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 12:46 PM
Moto GP Racer

Feedback Score: 12 reviews
Thanks for sharing these... Not a ducati fan but still appreciated the beauty and design of that bike...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knightslugger View Post
Flip Diver's gotta be a bot!
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatstud View Post
flip posts bewbies everywhere!
Quote:
Originally Posted by djacksoncbr600 View Post
No flipdiver posts newbies everywhere.
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 01:34 PM
Back in the Day

Thanked 2,544 Times in 2,156 Posts
Feedback Score: 148 reviews
Awesome pictures man thanks for sharing

If it doesn't challange you it won't change you
Only two ways to live life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Sure, my pleasure. There are a few more to edit, but that'll take some time - other bikes and such.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-13-2011, 06:20 PM
Knee Dragger

Great pictures.
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 12:14 AM
World Superbike Racer

very nice pics mate, some beautys there.. the bikes are nice too! ;) love the tail on the panigale with the tail lights, beautiful bike. whats the mv agusta F3 like in person, i fell in love with that bike when i seen pics of it. the new panigale might just have took the number 1 spot as my new favourite bike though lol its one sharp looking bike. if am honest i`d take either of them tomorrow

post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dickturpin 1976 View Post
very nice pics mate, some beautys there.. the bikes are nice too! ;) love the tail on the panigale with the tail lights, beautiful bike. whats the mv agusta F3 like in person,
The F3 looks basically exactly as it does on MV Agusta's press releases. The colour is quite a strong burgundy, not very red, as in the pic here, but that could've just been the light in that room. It looks just as good as you'd expect. Too bad there were so many people around it or I would've had a sit on it, but they all feel quite similar when they're not moving. The only downside might be that the exhaust looks a little less refined (the materials used) on the regular F3 than the rest of the bike.

But after the Panigale, the F3 looks like a typical 600 (ok, it's 675, but anyway) with a very unique design, but still basically a fairly normal bike - just a beautiful one. The Panigale looks like a real step ahead, not just a cosmetic step like the MV. They're both amazing-looking bikes.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 09:52 AM
World Superbike Racer

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
The HRC 1KRR looks spectacular.
The full-red 1199 looks disgusting in comparion to the tri-colour.

Thanks a lot for the pics!

post #21 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 11:00 AM
World Superbike Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maaku View Post
The F3 looks basically exactly as it does on MV Agusta's press releases. The colour is quite a strong burgundy, not very red, as in the pic here, but that could've just been the light in that room. It looks just as good as you'd expect. Too bad there were so many people around it or I would've had a sit on it, but they all feel quite similar when they're not moving. The only downside might be that the exhaust looks a little less refined (the materials used) on the regular F3 than the rest of the bike.

But after the Panigale, the F3 looks like a typical 600 (ok, it's 675, but anyway) with a very unique design, but still basically a fairly normal bike - just a beautiful one. The Panigale looks like a real step ahead, not just a cosmetic step like the MV. They're both amazing-looking bikes.

wow its burgandy, dont like burgandy lol. i thought it was red, it does look VERY burgandy in your pic though, all other pics i`v seen it looks red. i`m disapointed, i like red haha, its still a lovely bike but..... burgandy??????? think they made a mistake with the colour choice there, in my worthless opinion that is.

yeah that panigale looks soooo modern looking, i love it! the designers pulled a blinder on that beast, i actually like the solid red the best out the 2 aswel tbh. i need to get to a bike show sometime man i never been to one. i wanna see these beasts in person instead of on photos.

post #22 of 22 (permalink) Old 11-14-2011, 12:49 PM Thread Starter
Moto GP Racer

Yeah, I don't know if it's just my pic in those lights, but the F3 looked pretty dark to the eye as well in the MV exhibition - it was a closed room with its own lighting so maybe that was the problem. It's probably not quite as dark as that shot, something closer to red, but not really red.

The Panigale looks good in both colours in person, imo. I had way better lighting hitting the tricolore when I took those shots and prefer it by a bit, but not much.

As your buddies and check online to find out what the best bike show is. It's probably worth travelling to see a good one like this. You could make it part of a bigger trip somewhere. Like I said, the one I saw in Osaka was very good, but not enough close to this, although it could be better now 6 or 7 years later. I didn't really take many shots, but the number of aftermarket manufacturers, gear makers and just other accessories was hard to imagine.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the 600RR.net forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page